First Son
1 posts

Re: Have you sent in your PS3 for repairs? If so, your answers are here!!!

Nov 6, 2011

It's been a while since this thread was posted in, but heck ...

October 29, our 60gb launch PS3 finally got the blinking red light right after my son put Kingdom Hearts II into the unit (which just figures since it's one of my favorite games, hands down sob sob), so the game is stuck in there *sigh*, so we filled out the online repair request.  It was a llittle scary to me because I couldn't do anything they wanted, as far as reformatting, etc, and having that game stuck in there, but the rep I called said it was okay; they don't expect you to do anything you cannot do, which in our case was to power the PS3 on at all.  We authorized the 129 dollar hold and declined the 99 dollar "upgrade".  I mean, most of my games (the girly ones lol) are PS2, so why would I want to "upgrade" to a system I could not use to play them?

So the next day, we got the coffin from FedEx, but since it was afternoon when we got it, it could not be picked up until Monday 31 (Happy Halloween!).  It was sent out then.  It said that if we provided an email, they'd send emails to let us know when they got the unit, etc.  No emails.  I checked the status online and found out that our unit was received on the third.  (Figured not bad time to get from Indiana to Texas).  Logged in to check earlier today to see if anything had been figured out, only to find a tracking number and the message:

Service Request# xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your product was shipped on 11/04/2011.
Your tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. To track your shipment, please click the link below.
Track my shipment xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I checked our account; no charge at all from Sony, but they're returning our system?  It's never been opened up, no "excessive" wear and tear (of course, this is a biased assessment, but we're very careful with our video game systems because they're expensive, darn it!), and it has all the orginal "parts" in the console.  It was shipped to Laredo, and if what I understand from reading through the end of this thread is correct, then they just send out refurbs?  I'm just trying to figure out if they just decided to return ours unfixed or if they're sending us a refub.  I'm fine with a refurb as long as it is the same unit, but the thing that throws me off is the lack of a charge on our card.

The package will arrive on Wednesday, according to the tracker, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  It'd be nice to know, though.  If they're not going to fix it, then I'd probably see about buying a new one, if I must.  If they weren't going to send emails like they said they would, then they shouldn't have said it at all.

Message 6001 of 6,010 (397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 19, 2011

I just got the YLOD again...on my 60GB

Has anyone gotten their video game disc back after sending it in for repairs? Or more specifically, trading their fat PS3 for the slim, and getting their disc back?

My modern warfare 3 is stuck in there and I just want to know that I don't have to dish out another 60 bucks...

Message 6002 of 6,010 (397 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18781 posts

Nov 19, 2011

AppleszSauce wrote:

I just got the YLOD again...on my 60GB

Has anyone gotten their video game disc back after sending it in for repairs? Or more specifically, trading their fat PS3 for the slim, and getting their disc back?

My modern warfare 3 is stuck in there and I just want to know that I don't have to dish out another 60 bucks...

Yes just let them know on the form that there is a disc in the drive and they'll send it back.

Message 6003 of 6,010 (397 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Dec 6, 2011

They dropped the price from $150 to $129 and now they have a trade in option where if you have a 20gb model for $99 you can trade it in for a slim 160gb model

PS3 ID: Derrek_Lee_25

Message 6004 of 6,010 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Dec 6, 2011

Or you can go to Endless Electronics and get a cheap good repair for 100$ and they upgrade like everything in your system with the compentet upgrade fo 100$ and it OWNS Sony support. Sony support couldn't even understand how to spell my NAME for all things.

Message 6005 of 6,010 (397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 18, 2012

I sent my 20gb ps3 for service and paid the $99 for the trade in service..well they received it and i got the email stating "Unfortunately, your system does not qualify for the trade in offer." because of a "Invalid Proof Of Purchase" and to call them. Well i bought the ps3 from a friend years ago and he doesnt have the receipt/proof of purchase. What option or options will they give me when i call them? Is there a way to reason to them that i don't have a proof of purchase?

Message 6006 of 6,010 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2008 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I know the post is old but could you update what you finally ended up working out with Sony?  I'm interested since this is my original thread, I haven't been back to it in ages, I'd like to get it going again, and finally I have one of the old 60 gb units.   

Message 6007 of 6,010 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jun 11, 2012

. Yeah I want to know the life expectancy of the 60 Gb  brough. In 2008.. I just got it today (he dudnt deactivate the system remove any details send his psn wad set yo auto sign  in .) all the saves are 2008 so  it has not been used since .

I'm going to put in the 1tb western digital scorpio blue 54000 in it tomorrow and then transfer al the data from the 80Gb using the data transfer .

Message 6008 of 6,010 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Sent my PS3 over for repair due to a YLOD. I also requested a data transfer to keep my saved data. When I got it back, the memory was wiped clean. I had to start from scratch. 

I can still sign in to PSN of course. But still, I'm severely disappointed. I've basically paid $202.27 dollars for an old system that could probably crash sooner than before and I don't think I can get a refund for ignoring my instructions.

Oh and I forgot to mention, it seems to have forgotten some (but not all) of the trophires I've earned. So now the platinum's I've earned are apparently void now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6009 of 6,010 (387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

I Have This Severe Problem I've Recei ving My Box To Send My Super Slim PS3 To Crossroads Loops In Texas Around May I Fill Out The Pink Slip Fourm But I Didn't Send It Untill August 25 My Sister Send The Box To A Post Office Store With A Shippment With UPS Because I I Was Lazy To Send It In The Following 4 Months Now It's Been 27 Days Since It Haven't Arrived And I Want To Grand Theft Auto 5

EDIT: This is a very old thread, and it will be closed now. If you wish to have a discussion on this topic, please start another thread

Message 6010 of 6,010 (185 Views)
0 Likes