Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: Have sony lost faith in the ps vita?

Oct 9, 2013
I got the vita two months ago and only played it for like 30 houra
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 65 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 9, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

No matter your opinion on Remote Play, I don't think one can deny that the Vita is seeing an influx of new owners, and many, many of those people are also PS4 launch preorder-ers.  There's a correlation, if only for the ecosystem, and not the Remote Play feature. 

Sale numbers for the PSV this week in Japan (where handhelds sell like hotcakes!):

3DS LL 85,885
3DS 37,102
PS3 10,232
PSP 4,093
Wii U 4,001
Vita 3,538
Wii 914
Xbox 360 354

Of course part of that low number could be attributed to the fact a new model was released this week. That said, sales in Japan have been dismal for the past two months+. Nonetheless, I do wonder where in the World is this so called new influx of users~.

people buy xb-OWNED 's in japan??????

wow

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 65 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 9, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Hasnt everyone?

I mean come on open your eyes already.

Poor analog sticks, over priced undersized memory cards, No video output(Even my 2yr old phone has network video streaming!), no alternate control methods such as using a DS3 controller for any game, no dual triggers, etc.

I mean does the thing even have rumble?  Does it let you use an external HDD to store games/movies, etc?  

The Vita was about 2yrs too late for what it offers, and its vision is clouded to this day.  The device of two yrs ago would look like the current  vita, but have dual triggers, support the PS2 controller, and play all PS2 games, as well as PS1 games.  (PSP played all PS1 games, PS2P was the logical progression)   This allows the hand held to launch with well over 1800 games as long as a method to get the games onto the system was devised(Which was actually a promise the PSP never lived up to, making gamers wary of Sony handhelds as they do not live up to their descriptions, ALA Vita)

The Vita of today should be the PS3P, and you guessed it play all of our PS3 games, have video output, an HD screen, support DS3, etc.

Playing console games on the go was the promise of the Vita, but mostly it gets its own games which generally do not compare to the full console experence.  A more realistic goal was to emulate existing games and give us a new mobile way to play them, thats why PSP was awesome and why Vita is failing.

fear not though, Sony has determined what Vita really is, but you may not like it, its not why you bought it I am sure.

The Vita is a PS4 accessory/extra controller with worse battery life.

I'm not gonna argue with you about the ps vita not doing to good, however, most of your post seemed like a complete troll attempt.

You said the ps vita doesn't have home console like games, Killzone mercenary (runs off the same engine as killzone 3) is very home console experience. same with Uncharted Golden abyss.

It's clear you know next to nothing about the vita. at least go and do some research before you post. I'm not attacking you, just telling you to go do some research.

No troll here, I am simply one who was extremely excited when Vita was announced and extremely dissapointed when it launched.

Finally dual analogs I thought, then I played Uncharted and could not help but feel the experience was lacking vs what i am used too.

(Mostly the controls)

And I didnt say that, I say generally.  Yes after how long has the Vita been out?  We get Killzone, but imagine that was a launch title or better yet KZ2 was a launch title!!!!   B y now I was expecting most console games to have dircet ports on the Vita, to date there areway too few.

Heck i'll even add to the list, Playstation Allstars seems to be a great version on Vita.

Uncharted I have to dissagree, although I didnt play much it felt very hand heldy, and a third person shooter needs great controls, maybe if I spent a lot more time with the Vita i could get used to it a bit better?

My major beefs are the controls and the fact that to use the Vita you gotta stare at your hands, console gaming is meant for long sessions and my neck wouldnt last long in this position.

My second most major beef is the games to date.  I understand why original games are 100% required for a platform, but feel such a missed opportunity when it comes to the 100's of great games in the world today which are dying for the mobile experience.

Consider for PSP.  I was done with Ps1 games, or so I thought.  Playing them on PSP was such a treat, brought new life to old content and made it awesome once again.

I envisioned this revitalization for each Sony console and until Gaikai gets rolling I dont see it happening.

To me the Vita Tv is a more desirable device in all ways.  DS3 support, HD video output, likely DS4 support to include touch pad, be realistic its gonna happen, hence the time delay until next yr for NA release.

My point of it being a ps4 accessory is true, that is where it will find its strength IMHO.

Dont hate me man, I wanted to love the Vita, but this device I expected back when PSPGo was announced, yet another in a long line of dissapointing devices.

Ask me again in 1-2yrs.

cheers!!

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 33 of 65 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Hasnt everyone?

I mean come on open your eyes already.

Poor analog sticks, over priced undersized memory cards, No video output(Even my 2yr old phone has network video streaming!), no alternate control methods such as using a DS3 controller for any game, no dual triggers, etc.

I mean does the thing even have rumble?  Does it let you use an external HDD to store games/movies, etc?  

1. No rumble, but you can store games, movies, and music on either your PC or your PS3 (and your PS4 at launch).

I also dislike the lack of triggers, but, you can assign controls fairly universally to compensate.  It's not perfect, but, there are options. 

2.Yes, the memory cards have a high price, but, they have dropped quite a bit.  Heck, I bought a 32gb card for $45 at Best Buy yesterday. 

Without third party dev support, I fear that your assertions will come true, however, look at the rest of the year's Vita games - not too shabby, and the first quarter of 2014 looks even better.

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/vita?filter=latest

For example, we get Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate this month alone - if that's not a big third party game, I do not know what is.

3.Open your eyes.

1.Are you saying you could use a Vita without memory cards???  I did not know this.  Say use a USB dongle and attach an external HDD and play off that?  If so i retract my statement, and have one more large reason to get back on the Vita train.  Thats really cool and solves one of my biggest gripes.  Awaiting confirmation.....

2.Not a bad price for certain.  Last i checked they were all over $2/GB which these days is robbery IMO.  I usually like memory at $1/Gb or less give or take a few cents, for a card like this I would pay a bit more likely.

3. Ok.

The title of this thread grabbed me, as its exactly how I feel.  I lost faith in the Vita and it broke my little gaming heart, games like KZ merc are slowly pulling me back, just need to keep them type of titles coming and add a patch so i can use a DS3 or Ds4 for all games and lastly video output!  (Vita tv solves most of this)

Cheers.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 34 of 65 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

1.Are you saying you could use a Vita without memory cards???  I did not know this.  Say use a USB dongle and attach an external HDD and play off that?  If so i retract my statement, and have one more large reason to get back on the Vita train.  Thats really cool and solves one of my biggest gripes.  Awaiting confirmation.....

2.Not a bad price for certain.  Last i checked they were all over $2/GB which these days is robbery IMO.  I usually like memory at $1/Gb or less give or take a few cents, for a card like this I would pay a bit more likely.

3. Ok.

The title of this thread grabbed me, as its exactly how I feel.  I lost faith in the Vita and it broke my little gaming heart, games like KZ merc are slowly pulling me back, just need to keep them type of titles coming and add a patch so i can use a DS3 or Ds4 for all games and lastly video output!  (Vita tv solves most of this)

Cheers.

1. No, but you can use either a PS3 or a PC/Mac as a storage device to ease the transfer of data.  Most bundles come with a 4gb card, and when combined with judicious file transfer, it menas little to no downloading.  Obviously, I strongly reccomend snagging a larger card, especially since the price drops, but, at least you can keep backups of your games.

2. Yeah, they are definitely better than they used to be.

The Vita TV, as you have stated, solves most of your other issues.  DS4 will be supported on the Vita TV, which also means that more games will be supported, due to its touchscreen.  Want to game on the go?  Just grab the card out of the VitaTV and pop it into the portable Vita.

I think we're just seeing the beginning of what this ecosystem can do.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 35 of 65 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Thanks to price drop, I am looking forward to getting a vita. I'll get it the same day when i get my ps4. Just saving a bunch to get them both at once.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 36 of 65 (132 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Actually the memcards are still overly expensive, the person you quoted got a hot deal, sure. But the MSRP for a 32GB card is $79.99, granted you can find them on Ebay / Amazon for probably $60 ~ $70, but it is still a considerable price~.

Message 37 of 65 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Thats more along the line of prices I have been seeing, thats the reduced price!!!  yikes.

How much were they before.

Has anyone tried a OTG cable on the Vita with an external HDD....

If you can at least transfer this way an external drive or usb stick could serve as a huge memory card.

I hate when I cant write question marks!!! they look like this right now, lol ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ

Why oh why does this keep happeningÉÉÉÉ!!!!!!!!!!!!!ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 38 of 65 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Oct 9, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Actually the memcards are still overly expensive, the person you quoted got a hot deal, sure. But the MSRP for a 32GB card is $79.99, granted you can find them on Ebay / Amazon for probably $60 ~ $70, but it is still a considerable price~.

Walk into a Best Buy right now.  32gb cards are $64.99.  Print out a coupon avalable to any reward zone member (myBestBuy), and you get $20 off that price. 

You can do that through Saturday.  You're going to see deals like this from time to time.  The fact is, with an MSRP of $79.99, good deals are better than before.

The MSRPs are still higher than they should be, but, I didn't make a deal with the devil to get the card at the price I paid.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 39 of 65 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Oct 9, 2013
Not everybody lives close to a Best Buy nor everybody lives in America. It's great that BB can offer such great deals, but that doesn't immediately make the prices low, it just means some people may be able to get them for an almost reasonable price. However, the price for the memcards still remains too steep for the amount of space offered~.
Message 40 of 65 (199 Views)
0 Likes