Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: Have sony lost faith in the ps vita?

Oct 9, 2013

To be honest I really excited about Vita's streaming capabilities with Gaikai and being able to play PS3 games. I have missed many games on PS3 and I willing to miss them to play them through my Vita. I play my Vita more at home anyways then out, so I always have wifi to use Gaikai.

Message 21 of 65 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7391 posts

Oct 9, 2013

TMAZT3R wrote:

To be honest I really excited about Vita's streaming capabilities with Gaikai and being able to play PS3 games. I have missed many games on PS3 and I willing to miss them to play them through my Vita. I play my Vita more at home anyways then out, so I always have wifi to use Gaikai.

Puppeteer, Puppeteer

Message 22 of 65 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

No matter your opinion on Remote Play, I don't think one can deny that the Vita is seeing an influx of new owners, and many, many of those people are also PS4 launch preorder-ers.  There's a correlation, if only for the ecosystem, and not the Remote Play feature. 

Sale numbers for the PSV this week in Japan (where handhelds sell like hotcakes!):

3DS LL 85,885
3DS 37,102
PS3 10,232
PSP 4,093
Wii U 4,001
Vita 3,538
Wii 914
Xbox 360 354

Of course part of that low number could be attributed to the fact a new model was released this week. That said, sales in Japan have been dismal for the past two months+. Nonetheless, I do wonder where in the World is this so called new influx of users~.

Message 23 of 65 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

It's great that remote-play helped sell the ps vita to you, But unfortunately most future ps4 owners don't care what happens to the ps vita. For them it's just a controller for there brand new ps4.

I can only hope more Ps4 owners come around, but after watching the nvidia shield fall flat on it's screen, I doubt remote-play is a killer app for the ps vita and ps4, these two next-gen systems need to stand on there own.

Once again happy about your ps vita purchase, but most future ps4 owners are not like you. I'm gonna be honest I can't see remote-play moving many vita's (at least not enough to hold the system up) but Sonys banking on it so much it feels like they've given up on the ps vita as standalone device. I can only hope I'm wrong, But trust me, I would not make a whole thread about this if I wasn't worried. I'm not just bashing remote-play for no reason.

On a side note, Try out Soul Sacrifice. It's got home console graphics and enough free dlc (plus the missions and story mode that come with the game) to keep you going for the rest of the year and into next. If that's your kinda game anyway. Monster hunting and all.

No matter your opinion on Remote Play, I don't think one can deny that the Vita is seeing an influx of new owners, and many, many of those people are also PS4 launch preorder-ers.  There's a correlation, if only for the ecosystem, and not the Remote Play feature. 

However Vita gets its attention, I say bring it.

I will absolutely try Soul Sacrifice.  Thank you! Smiley Happy

While you do make good points, ps vita sales have not exactly boomed since with the ps4 pre-orders, that's why I'm worried, as someone who's owned a ps vita since 2012, I can tell you it's got some great games, but it needs more.

remote-play and gaikai are great, but let's not forget something, they both depend on wifi, in the end when you have no wifi, your gonna have to play ps vita games. Problem is when Sony say's things like.

"you'll have Infamous on your vita, through remote-play"

The future doesn't look bright as far as actual ps vita games go.

Nice to hear you're gonna check out Soul Sacrifice,  

Message 24 of 65 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Hasnt everyone?

I mean come on open your eyes already.

Poor analog sticks, over priced undersized memory cards, No video output(Even my 2yr old phone has network video streaming!), no alternate control methods such as using a DS3 controller for any game, no dual triggers, etc.

I mean does the thing even have rumble?  Does it let you use an external HDD to store games/movies, etc?  

The Vita was about 2yrs too late for what it offers, and its vision is clouded to this day.  The device of two yrs ago would look like the current  vita, but have dual triggers, support the PS2 controller, and play all PS2 games, as well as PS1 games.  (PSP played all PS1 games, PS2P was the logical progression)   This allows the hand held to launch with well over 1800 games as long as a method to get the games onto the system was devised(Which was actually a promise the PSP never lived up to, making gamers wary of Sony handhelds as they do not live up to their descriptions, ALA Vita)

The Vita of today should be the PS3P, and you guessed it play all of our PS3 games, have video output, an HD screen, support DS3, etc.

Playing console games on the go was the promise of the Vita, but mostly it gets its own games which generally do not compare to the full console experence.  A more realistic goal was to emulate existing games and give us a new mobile way to play them, thats why PSP was awesome and why Vita is failing.

fear not though, Sony has determined what Vita really is, but you may not like it, its not why you bought it I am sure.

The Vita is a PS4 accessory/extra controller with worse battery life.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 25 of 65 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Hasnt everyone?

Poor analog sticks, over priced undersized memory cards (Best Buy was selling 32 gigs for 64 bucks), No video output(Even my 2yr old phone has network video streaming!) (well theys a mod that you can put video output or record. but Google it), no alternate control methods such as using a DS3 controller for any game (REAR-TOUCH IS THE OPTION that you can use the following, L3, R3, L2 AND R2. but thats in Remote Play), no dual triggers (you can mostly buy the Triggers for L and R Button), etc.

I mean does the thing even have rumble?  Does it let you use an external HDD to store games/movies, etc?  

(NOPE, IT JUST CHUCK TESTA) (actually Content Manager App does it) (but rumble? im sure all handheld doesn't do that...expect DS via buying the slot itself)

The Vita of today should be the PS3P, and you guessed it play all of our PS3 games, have video output, an HD screen, support DS3, etc.

(well now with Gaikai, you can. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-games-on-PS-Vita-via-Gaikai/td-p/4179...)

Playing console games on the go was the promise of the Vita, but mostly it gets its own games which generally do not compare to the full console experence.  A more realistic goal was to emulate existing games and give us a new mobile way to play them, thats why PSP was awesome and why Vita is failing.

(well... Most of the indie games i have seen are mostly on Computer and Consoles, does that count?) (also emulating exisiting games is pretty much hacking it) (Have you played Killzone: Mercenary? It devives* the true console experience)

fear not though, Sony has determined what Vita really is, but you may not like it, its not why you bought it I am sure.

(Which you suppose to save battery life in the first place) (oh, I actually played a video game that ISNT A PS4 ACCESSORY)

Now with the newest Model of the PSVita i hope it can solve some of your problems with the hardware (but first in Japan)

but to make things make things a little worst

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/10/07/ps4s-playstation-app-coming-to-ps-vita-with-...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 26 of 65 (128 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Hasnt everyone?

Poor analog sticks, over priced undersized memory cards, No video output(Even my 2yr old phone has network video streaming!), no alternate control methods such as using a DS3 controller for any game, no dual triggers, etc.

The Vita was about 2yrs too late for what it offers, and its vision is clouded to this day.  The device of two yrs ago would look like the current  vita, but have dual triggers, support the PS2 controller, and play all PS2 games, as well as PS1 games.  (PSP played all PS1 games, PS2P was the logical progression)   This allows the hand held to launch with well over 1800 games as long as a method to get the games onto the system was devised(Which was actually a promise the PSP never lived up to, making gamers wary of Sony handhelds as they do not live up to their descriptions, ALA Vita)

I'm not gonna argue with you about the ps vita not doing to good, however, most of your post seemed like a complete troll attempt.

You said the ps vita doesn't have home console like games, Killzone mercenary (runs off the same engine as killzone 3) is very home console experience. same with Uncharted Golden abyss.

It's clear you know next to nothing about the vita. at least go and do some research before you post. I'm not attacking you, just telling you to go do some research.

Message 27 of 65 (122 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Hasnt everyone?

No rumble, but you can store games, movies, and music on either your PC or your PS3 (and your PS4 at launch).

I also dislike the lack of triggers, but, you can assign controls fairly universally to compensate.  It's not perfect, but, there are options. 

Yes, the memory cards have a high price, but, they have dropped quite a bit.  Heck, I bought a 32gb card for $45 at Best Buy yesterday. 

Without third party dev support, I fear that your assertions will come true, however, look at the rest of the year's Vita games - not too shabby, and the first quarter of 2014 looks even better.

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/vita?filter=latest

For example, we get Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate this month alone - if that's not a big third party game, I do not know what is.

Open your eyes.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 28 of 65 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Oct 9, 2013

It's really sad, the Vita is an amazing device, but sony cannot convinve big publishers to make a game for it. It's a sign of the times. Gaming has become nig busines like movies, music and is heading down that same path. The industry dominated by a few big publishers. That is not a good thong.

Message 29 of 65 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Oct 9, 2013

remanutd5 wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

Puppeteer, Puppeteer

Haha yeah, I totally forgot that game came out, it looks awesome actually. Definitley will keep that game on my streaming list lol.

Message 30 of 65 (154 Views)
0 Likes