Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
12049 posts

Re: Have sony lost faith in the ps vita?

Oct 9, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:
What is this nonesense, remote play and games are not the same? Every PS4 title that has remote play capabilities is another game to the Vita library. While I do think that the Vita needs it's own games, remote play is drawing a lot of attention to the handheld.

For PS4 owners.

When they have WIfi available.

Not everyone who bought the Vita is interested in PS4 (or home consoles in general)

Also, if you're on a long car ride or something, you obviously won't have internet access to use Remote Play.

Plus, the Vita was designed to be a standalone dedicated gaming system with its own AAA games.

Not be reliant on a console.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 65 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3381 posts

Oct 9, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Right now it's the lull before the storm.

Again and again the truth must be stated. In Japan handhelds sell like hotcakes. In other regions, particularly North America, consoles are the big sellers. We are on the brink of a new era with the PS4-PS Vita relationship.

People have been saying that since it started bombing in Japan back in Feb 2k12. And now the PSV is almost close to its second birthday. Furthermore, if handhelds sell like hotcakes in Japan, how come the PSV is selling 6k units weekly? How come the 3DS can sell 30k units per week in NA~?

That's right, because:

1. Your claims are urban myths.

2. Games are what sell a system~.

Underpowered as it may be, the 3DS has the games. Powerful as the PSV is, it doesn't have a strong selection of exclusive games and late ports won't tide over people who have already played said games on a home console. The PSV lost as much terrain as the Wii U did, whether the two will regain some ground or not is up to both Sony and Nintendo and the support they can provide for their bleeding systems~.

Also, I disagree with the people who said that Sony supported the PSP for a long time. They didn't. The last game they released for it was in 2k10, third parties are what kept the PSP alive. Sony left it to rot in the West~.

Urban myth claims. Ha!

I am saying what Sony says about THEIR products. Not comparing to any other company.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 65 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Oct 9, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:
Killzone mercenary was a great shooter that's true, But look at how many ps vita's it moved, pretty much none.

I wish people would stop acting like remote-play is gonna save the ps vita, because it's not. Only games will. And as JuanMdP put it, late ports are not helping the ps vita in anyway.

I wish if other vita owners would stop saying how the ps4 is gonna save the vita, The ps vita is not some cheap ps4 accessory, the ps vita is it's own system and sony needs start treating that way.

Regardless, it's not like Sony can do it all by themselves.

3rd party devs have to actually make games for it. Sony can only make so many with its studios, especially with PS4 coming up.

Sony is not like Nintendo, where they can just make 1-2 First party games, and that will instantly sell systems (e.g. Pokemon)

Gt6 on ps vita would have been a instant system seller.

God Of War Ascension would have been a instant system seller.

The Last Of Us would have been a instant system seller.

If these three games had been made ps vita exclusives, Instead of being made ps3 (A seven year old system that did not need these games and was already a success) exclusives.

The ps vita would be doing alot better, instead Sony left the ps vita high and dry while the ps3 got the games. Sony has the first-pary titles, they were just to busy releasing them on a system that didn't need them, while ignoring the one that did. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 65 (185 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Oct 9, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:
What is this nonesense, remote play and games are not the same? Every PS4 title that has remote play capabilities is another game to the Vita library. While I do think that the Vita needs it's own games, remote play is drawing a lot of attention to the handheld.

For PS4 owners.

When they have WIfi available.

Not everyone who bought the Vita is interested in PS4 (or home consoles in general)

Also, if you're on a long car ride or something, you obviously won't have internet access to use Remote Play.

Plus, the Vita was designed to be a standalone dedicated gaming system with its own AAA games.

Not be reliant on a console.

Like I said, I do think the Vita needs it own games. But remote play is a powerfull factor on the Vita's favor. 

Myself, I'm most interested on the Vita TV, if it comes out to this side of the pond.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 65 (184 Views)
MVP Support
12049 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:
Killzone mercenary was a great shooter that's true, But look at how many ps vita's it moved, pretty much none.

I wish people would stop acting like remote-play is gonna save the ps vita, because it's not. Only games will. And as JuanMdP put it, late ports are not helping the ps vita in anyway.

I wish if other vita owners would stop saying how the ps4 is gonna save the vita, The ps vita is not some cheap ps4 accessory, the ps vita is it's own system and sony needs start treating that way.

3rd party devs have to actually make games for it. Sony can only make so many with its studios, especially with PS4 coming up.

Sony is not like Nintendo, where they can just make 1-2 First party games, and that will instantly sell systems (e.g. Pokemon)

If these three games had been made ps vita exclusives, Instead of being made ps3 (A seven year old system that did not need these games and was already a success) exclusives.

The ps vita would be doing alot better, instead Sony left the ps vita high and dry while the ps3 got the games. Sony has the first-pary titles, they were just to busy releasing them on a system that didn't need them, while ignoring the one that did. 

None of games would even FIT on the Vita.

If you haven't noticed, no game for the Vita has exceeded 4GB in size.

All the games you listed are like, double digit GB games (not sure about GOW Ascension, but whatever)

Whether that be an actual limit based on the physical cards, or something else, that's just how it is

Those games, while they would be amazing on Vita, wouldn't have nearly as much content, the same visuals, etc.

You'd have to make sacrifices to get it on the Vita.

The Last of Us' story would basically have to be cut in half in order for all the data to fit on the Vita.

GT6? Forget it. GT5 was like a 16GB install or some BS. Took me 2 hours to install it.

Remember that the Vita is NOT as powerful as a PS3. And games like TLOU used the PS3's potential to the absolute maximum.

Also, making an "Exclusive" for a system that doesn't have already have a large install base, would definitely hurt sales.

Sony is trying to make money.

They'd make more money making a killer exclusive game for the PS3, than the PS Vita (nearly 80 million owners vs a little over 5 million)

It doesn't matter how good the game is, it wouldn't move AS MANY UNITS as they would be able to profit from just selling on PS3.

I don't forsee 75 million people deciding to buy a Vita JUST for The Last of Us (even if it was the full, complete version, and not some cut down version to fit on the Vita)

And as a result, Sony would not profit as much.

Also remember: All Vita games must be available digitally. TLOU would require a 32GB card. To people who buy digital only, you're basically telling them that they can only have this game, and like, 1-2 others.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 65 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Oct 9, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

None of games would even FIT on the Vita.

If you haven't noticed, no game for the Vita has exceeded 4GB in size.

All the games you listed are like, double digit GB games (not sure about GOW Ascension, but whatever)

Whether that be an actual limit based on the physical cards, or something else, that's just how it is

Those games, while they would be amazing on Vita, wouldn't have nearly as much content, the same visuals, etc.

You'd have to make sacrifices to get it on the Vita.

The Last of Us' story would basically have to be cut in half in order for all the data to fit on the Vita.

GT6? Forget it. GT5 was like a 16GB install or some BS. Took me 2 hours to install it.

Remember that the Vita is NOT as powerful as a PS3. And games like TLOU used the PS3's potential to the absolute maximum.

Also, making an "Exclusive" for a system that doesn't have already have a large install base, would definitely hurt sales.

Sony is trying to make money.

They'd make more money making a killer exclusive game for the PS3, than the PS Vita (nearly 80 million owners vs a little over 5 million)

It doesn't matter how good the game is, it wouldn't move AS MANY UNITS as they would be able to profit from just selling on PS3.

I don't forsee 75 million people deciding to buy a Vita JUST for The Last of Us (even if it was the full, complete version, and not some cut down version to fit on the Vita)

And as a result, Sony would not profit as much.

Also remember: All Vita games must be available digitally. TLOU would require a 32GB card. To people who buy digital only, you're basically telling them that they can only have this game, and like, 1-2 others.

I think you may have missed my point I should have been more clear.

Those games should have NEVER been planed for the ps3, if they had been made from the ground up designed around the PS VITA'S hardware then Sony would have be en able to work around the storage limits.

As far as graphics go, Killzone mercenary has shown just what the ps vita can do (it runs off the same engine as killzone 3) if I were to travel back in time, let's say 2005, and show you killzone mercenary. You would have never believed that was a portable console game.

The whole reason the 3ds has sold like it has is BECAUSE Nintendo put big main-entry non spin-off games on it, mario kart 7 sold 8.1 million copies, Super mario 3d Land sold 8.28 million, and the list goes on.

Nintendo were not afraid to take risk and that's why 3ds is nearing 40 million units sold. while the ps vita is stuck at 6 million if that.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 65 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2482 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I am saying what Sony says about THEIR products. Not comparing to any other company.

Trusting what a company tells you instead of reaching your own conclusions is like skipping on a game because of what a review site says about a game~.

The PSV is a handheld console. The 3DS is a handheld console. The PSV doesn't sell in America (or anywhere else). The 3DS sells in America. Ergo, the problem isn't the handheld platform but something else. In the PSv's case games and poor management of it. While Japan and Europe get pretty cool bundles America gets nothing; those small things, while they aren't going to change the tides, would help in moving that way. Negligence from Sony and silver bullet hopes such as "Remote Play and Gaikai will save the PSV!" are not going to achieve anything for the system~.

It is true that Sony can't dish out first party games with the PS4 so close. But let's not forget that the PSV came out in Dec 2k11, it should've given Sony ample margin to come up with plenty of exclusives. Much like they are doing with the PS4, so it's not unprecedented. Would Sony have shown for the PSV the support they are showing for the PS4, more third party companies would have put their faith on the system~.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 65 (158 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Oct 9, 2013

OP, you may want to read this thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Bought-a-PS-Vita-and-First-Impressions/m-...

Remote Play is selling the Vita, when combined with the noted resurgence of development for the platform (read: the aforementioned KZM was a huge revelation for me).

I've been a Vita owner for less than 24 hours, and i can honestly say that the next-gen ecosystem is what sold me on the idea of owning a Vita in the first place.  PS+ helped a ton, and seeing KZM at the same time as a price drop clinched it. 

I agree that third part development & support needs to stay strong, but I do no think that Sony is in any way losing faith in the Vita, particularly when you look at the Vita TV, which may well revolutionize how North Americans view the Vita.  The Vita TV may retroactively sell portable Vitas here like mad ("All the functionality of the Vita TV, plus some exclusive games?!  Take me money!").

I think we're in good company, sir.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 65 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

OP, you may want to read this thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Bought-a-PS-Vita-and-First-Impressions/m-...

Remote Play is selling the Vita, when combined with the noted resurgence of development for the platform (read: the aforementioned KZM was a huge revelation for me).

I've been a Vita owner for less than 24 hours, and i can honestly say that the next-gen ecosystem is what sold me on the idea of owning a Vita in the first place.  PS+ helped a ton, and seeing KZM at the same time as a price drop clinched it. 

I agree that third part development & support needs to stay strong, but I do no think that Sony is in any way losing faith in the Vita, particularly when you look at the Vita TV, which may well revolutionize how North Americans view the Vita.  The Vita TV may retroactively sell portable Vitas here like mad ("All the functionality of the Vita TV, plus some exclusive games?!  Take me money!").

I think we're in good company, sir.

It's great that remote-play helped sell the ps vita to you, But unfortunately most future ps4 owners don't care what happens to the ps vita. For them it's just a controller for there brand new ps4.

I can only hope more Ps4 owners come around, but after watching the nvidia shield fall flat on it's screen, I doubt remote-play is a killer app for the ps vita and ps4, these two next-gen systems need to stand on there own.

Once again happy about your ps vita purchase, but most future ps4 owners are not like you. I'm gonna be honest I can't see remote-play moving many vita's (at least not enough to hold the system up) but Sonys banking on it so much it feels like they've given up on the ps vita as standalone device. I can only hope I'm wrong, But trust me, I would not make a whole thread about this if I wasn't worried. I'm not just bashing remote-play for no reason.

On a side note, Try out Soul Sacrifice. It's got home console graphics and enough free dlc (plus the missions and story mode that come with the game) to keep you going for the rest of the year and into next. If that's your kinda game anyway. Monster hunting and all.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 65 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Oct 9, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

It's great that remote-play helped sell the ps vita to you, But unfortunately most future ps4 owners don't care what happens to the ps vita. For them it's just a controller for there brand new ps4.

I can only hope more Ps4 owners come around, but after watching the nvidia shield fall flat on it's screen, I doubt remote-play is a killer app for the ps vita and ps4, these two next-gen systems need to stand on there own.

Once again happy about your ps vita purchase, but most future ps4 owners are not like you. I'm gonna be honest I can't see remote-play moving many vita's (at least not enough to hold the system up) but Sonys banking on it so much it feels like they've given up on the ps vita as standalone device. I can only hope I'm wrong, But trust me, I would not make a whole thread about this if I wasn't worried. I'm not just bashing remote-play for no reason.

On a side note, Try out Soul Sacrifice. It's got home console graphics and enough free dlc (plus the missions and story mode that come with the game) to keep you going for the rest of the year and into next. If that's your kinda game anyway. Monster hunting and all.

No matter your opinion on Remote Play, I don't think one can deny that the Vita is seeing an influx of new owners, and many, many of those people are also PS4 launch preorder-ers.  There's a correlation, if only for the ecosystem, and not the Remote Play feature. 

However Vita gets its attention, I say bring it.

I will absolutely try Soul Sacrifice.  Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 65 (148 Views)
0 Likes