Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: Have sony lost faith in the ps vita?

Oct 9, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Not everybody lives close to a Best Buy nor everybody lives in America. It's great that BB can offer such great deals, but that doesn't immediately make the prices low, it just means some people may be able to get them for an almost reasonable price. However, the price for the memcards still remains too steep for the amount of space offered~.

I'm not disparaging your point that not everyone can access a Best Buy or North American vendors, let alone that the MSRP is still higher than it should be.

However, there are comparable deals available in most markets.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 41 of 65 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Oct 9, 2013
saldy vita has more indies than AAA tittles. 3DS is getting all the support. you seen E3 and Gamescom SONY didn't really have anything to offer. i'm hoping remoteplay work well so i can use my vita more often. i have a youtube channel and don't really have any new contents to show. i have KZ though i guess that's something

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 42 of 65 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

marc2henri wrote:
saldy vita has more indies than AAA tittles. 3DS is getting all the support. you seen E3 and Gamescom SONY didn't really have anything to offer. i'm hoping remoteplay work well so i can use my vita more often. i have a youtube channel and don't really have any new contents to show. i have KZ though i guess that's something

Sad but true, E3 And Gamescom is where sony let the ps vita owners down the most. They talked about almost nothing but remote-play.

The ps vita was treated like little more then a afterthought, Sony seemed embarrassed to talk about the system. And while I love indie titles, the ps vita is gonna need some AAA games to sell it.

The ps vita is a wonderful device, Sony just doesn't know what to do with it. If I worked at Sony, I would have sold well over 10 million vita's by now, and all my fellow ps vita owners would have games so good, you would never want to put the vita down. 

Message 43 of 65 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

marc2henri wrote:

Sad but true, E3 And Gamescom is where sony let the ps vita owners down the most. They talked about almost nothing but remote-play.

The ps vita was treated like little more then a afterthought, Sony seemed embarrassed to talk about the system. And while love indie titles, the ps vita is gonna need some AAA games to sell it.

The ps vita is a wonderful device, Sony just doesn't know what to do with it. If I worked at Sony, I would have sold well over 10 million vita's by now, and all my fellow ps vita owners would have games so good, you would never want to put the vita down. 

You are kidding right? That has to be the worst business model idea I have ever heard. If you were in charge, you would most likely brind down the business just like how Sega became just a software major.
Message 44 of 65 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Oct 10, 2013

I don't think that Sony would be coming out with the PSVita-2000 or the PSVita TV in other regions if they had lost faith in the device. A device Sony lost faith in was the PSPGO, which sits on my desk as a paperweight.

Message 45 of 65 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Oct 10, 2013

TMAZT3R wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

marc2henri wrote:

The ps vita was treated like little more then a afterthought, Sony seemed embarrassed to talk about the system. And while love indie titles, the ps vita is gonna need some AAA games to sell it.

You are kidding right? That has to be the worst business model idea I have ever heard. If you were in charge, you would most likely brind down the business just like how Sega became just a software major.

So please explain to me how I will bring down Sony?

You didn't state a single fact on how I would do that. First off I said if I worked at sony, not if I was in charge of the whole company.

I would not want to be the head of the whole company. If anything I would want to be the head of the playstation division. So explain to me how selling millions of ps vita's and ps4's (helping Sony's profitability) is going to bring down sony. I'm waiting.

Message 46 of 65 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

ps vita is built for the future.  Having alot  of indies on the  ps vgames is not bad thing because more indies come out than 1st party.. Its about building connection early.. You dont see  hot line miami  hurting in sales.

Its romured soul sacrifece might come to ps3 or ps4..  Now  thats a huge deal man.   Its same things for other legendary psp games that are console today. .Alot need calm down with  there no AAA titles. How would  you know if the games is  AAA or not  if  some are not buying them and waiting for a  said  popluar name game. They have some race cars better than  ferrari and porshe that  none know of. That doesnt make them any less of  AAA car. You have go out and  give it a chance.. Look at telsa  motors.

Its  some great new studios out  on ps vita making great games.  It in order for franchise to become AAA it depends on you , the gamer , the buyer. Pay day the hiest was  not a AAA title on debut nor was the studio, but gamers bought , it was psn/ps3 title.

Now look them a good upcoming AAA studio making  and having great success.  I honestly feel if sony got the devs of savage moon to ps vita/ ps4.  It would be a  big and great  thing. Those kind of games are all you see on twitch, that  game could have huge cult following  on twitch if  they got some backing.

Just becuase the dev is not AAA known studio is not right to  bash, look at the product.  It depends on the succes of a game. Also  alot  of great gaems  get lost in transition with this attitude gamers have today.An AA game and AA studio depends on you the gamers. You have to support, build a fan base.   Btw no i dont think  sony has lost faith alot devs are making money with their title on ps vita.

Happy gaming in your future

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 47 of 65 (138 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Oct 10, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ps vita is built for the future.  Having alot  of indie sonthe games is nt bad thing because more indies come out than 1st party.. Its about building connection early.. You dont see  hot line miami  hurting in sales.

Its romured soul sacrifece might come to ps3 or ps4..  Now  thats a huge deal man.   Its same things for other legendary psp games that are console today. .Alot need calm down with  there no AAA titles. How would  you know if the games is  AAA or not  f  some are not buying them and waiting for  said  popluar name game. They have some race cars better than  ferrari and porshe that  none know of. That doesnt make them any less of  AAA car. You have go out and  give it a chance.. Look at telsa  motors.

Its  some great new studios out  on ps vita making great games.  It in order for franchise to become AAA it depends on you , the gamer , the buyer. Pay day the hiest was  not a AAA title on debut nor was the studio, but gamers bought , it was psn/ps3 title.

Now look them  a  good  upcoming AAA studio making  and having great success.  I honestly feel if sony got the devs of savage moon to ps vita/ ps4.  It would be a  big and great  thing. Those kind of games are all you see on twitch, that  game could have huge cult following i on twitch is  they got some backing.

Just becuase the dev is not AAA known studio is not right to  bash, look at the product.  It depends on the succes of a game. Also  alot  of great gaems  get lost in transition with this attitude gamers have today.An AA game and AA studio depends on you the gamers. You have to support, build a fan base.   Btw no i dont think  sony has lost faith alot devs are making money with their title on ps vita.

Happy gaiming in your future

How would you know if the game is AAA or not?

Ummmmmm, I own a ps vita, I know what games are AAA and system sellers. hotline miami is a good game that's true, but It's not a system seller. If Soul Sacrifice went to home consoles it would not help the ps vita one bit. It would be great for ps3/ps4 owners. and it would give people a reason NOT to get a ps vita.

If they put all of the ps Vita's exclusives on ps3/ps4, there would be no reason to even get a ps vita. most people buy systems based off exclusives, If the ps vita has no exclusives why buy it.

Message 48 of 65 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ps vita is built for the future.  Having alot  of indie sonthe games is nt bad thing because more indies come out than 1st party.. Its about building connection early.. You dont see  hot line miami  hurting in sales.

Its romured soul sacrifece might come to ps3 or ps4..  Now  thats a huge deal man.   Its same things for other legendary psp games that are console today. .Alot need calm down with  there no AAA titles. How would  you know if the games is  AAA or not  f  some are not buying them and waiting for  said  popluar name game. They have some race cars better than  ferrari and porshe that  none know of. That doesnt make them any less of  AAA car. You have go out and  give it a chance.. Look at telsa  motors.

Now look them  a  good  upcoming AAA studio making  and having great success.  I honestly feel if sony got the devs of savage moon to ps vita/ ps4.  It would be a  big and great  thing. Those kind of games are all you see on twitch, that  game could have huge cult following i on twitch is  they got some backing.

Happy gaiming in your future

How would you know if the game is AAA or not?

Ummmmmm, I own a ps vita, I know what games are AAA and system sellers. hotline miami is a good game that's true, but It's not a system seller. If Soul Sacrifice went to home consoles it would not help the ps vita one bit. It would be great for ps3/ps4 owners. and it would give people a reason NOT to get a ps vita.

If they put all of the ps Vita's exclusives on ps3/ps4, there would be no reason to even get a ps vita. most people buy systems based off exclusives, If the ps vita has no exclusives why buy it.

soul sacrifice is  a sony exclusive. LOl.  being system seller is trickey  becuase alot  of none named mainstream games  have sold a console.  But does that make them system sellers? yes it does on fact basis..  I know alot  of  gamers who bought the whole ps3 for hamsterball and  journey. as well  as  for joe danger, fat princess.

Those games sold systems, every game does to be honest. If  you saying selling mass hardware from named  main stream popluar software.  That is combo of alot of things beyond the said direct game.. I dont think nor  trust in software selling hard ware.. I think/trust in hard ware selling the games(software). Im from old school but the kicker is to find a balance. I think sony has done that very nicey each  time and every console.

I think S sacrifice is  a system seller  it sold 200k- copies  sold in 2week in japan  i think its record of sort as  best selling games frm  japan for hand held. yes  it sold better than monster hunter it 1st 2 weeks . Its a huge system seller

Let move to demon souls it sold ps3 consoles . Let me tell they  just wanted to sell 25-40K+ units of that game. It sold  3x times as many units, Alot bought the whole ps3  console for demon souls when it was exclusive for awhile on ps3/sony. Alot here and are still asking for a demon souls on ps vita.   Demon souls was not  console seller  to start  nor  anything of that nature but it sold consoles.   Go look and see which  game is the  most wanted beta to be in ..NO not bf4.. Dark Souls 2.. a spin off of demon souls.

Its going to sell consoles, maybe not 100 million but  it is sytem seller same as for   soul sacfice is a ps vita system seller. it was sold 100K+ copies  the 1st  week on it  debut. Btw a AAA gme depends onthe  fans/gamers.

My little pony is AAA game it sell more than peple would think it does.  Is it system seller, i dont becuase none come out any say these  thing Smiley Very Happy, but the number  do say  folks are buying.

Happy gaming gaming in your future

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 49 of 65 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

xymox333 wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

xymox333 wrote:

marc2henri wrote:

So please explain to me how I will bring down Sony?

You didn't state a single fact on how I would do that. First off I said if I worked at sony, not if I was in charge of the whole company.

I would not want to be the head of the whole company. If anything I would want to be the head of the playstation division. So explain to me how selling millions of ps vita's and ps4's (helping Sony's profitability) is going to bring down sony. I'm waiting.

Like you i believe there are many things Sony could do to sell tons more vitas.

For starters the games are a must, as you say AAA or higher and lots of them.  This takes lots of money and the Vitas not making much so whats the answer?  IMO the easiest way to get tons of AAA games on the Vita in a hurry is to use ports.  Say what you will but about original content and "I buy new systems for new games, blah, blah, blah"

No one is saying new games can not be made, I just think the best thing Sony could do today is release 5-10 unique or top selling games from each of their systems for the Vita.

Know why i dont have a Vita?  Mainly the games (As well as controls, position)  

I would have bought a Vita day one if it could Play Starwars Battlefront 1/2, especially with part 3 in the pipe there is a lot of buzz for these games and would sell systems, for sure.

I would love to see LAIR, Heavenly Sword, the first drakes fortune, Mercenaries 1&2, The first God of War, a Twisted Metal collection (I think you can do this already, I had Twisted metal 2 on my PSP), That PS2/PSP Motorstorm game in HD, Killzone 2, etc.

The best part is as these games already exist they simply need to remake them for the Vita.      I would buy one today if even 1/4 of these games were on it, instead we get what we were promised we wouldnt, mobile games that feel like mobile games.

Lastly I cant stand how they feel the need to make a gimmick of motion controls, such as leaning the vita in Uncharted to drop to ledges you are actually beside, just use it for scope aiming, grenade throwing, etc as per previous games, those uses make sense and add to the experience instead of breaking it as gimmicks tend to do.

cheers

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 50 of 65 (143 Views)
0 Likes