Nov 29 2011
By: mamamikey First Son 18 posts

Has this problem been resolved yet? (Expired Games After Renewing Plus)

14 replies 4330 views Edited Nov 29, 2011

Noticed my Playstation Plus 1-Year Subscription was ending 12/15/2011. Renewed for another 1-Year. But still all my plus games I have downloaded still expire on the old term of next month and not next year when I just renewed it today.

I have googled and looked through playstation forums about it but they all seemed to be all really old post.

Has anyone have any new insight about this problem?

Message 1 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Has this problem been resolved yet? (Expired Games After Renewing Plus)

Nov 29, 2011

If you start the games the expiration date should change to your new subscription end date; at least mine did.

Message 2 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32432 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Unfortunately the above is correct, it shouldn't be, but it is, personally I think it's stupid we have to do this rigmarole!

The answer to your question though is "no".

Message 3 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 6, 2011

Gave this a try with no luck still the same expiration date unfortunently.

Message 4 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 6, 2011

Go to your download list and start to download all your playstation plus games. You don't have to redownload them just start the download then quit. It should update the expiration dates.

Message 5 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32432 posts

Dec 6, 2011

I didn't have to start a re-download just start the game like the Prof said above & others have done, it worked for me anyway, it's a little odd it didn't work for you.

Message 6 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11363 posts

Dec 6, 2011

I've tried starting up the game myself (on Spyro: Year of the Dragon). Spyro would be expiring next June for me, so I'd open the game, went to exit, and the same due date still showed.

Now it's all matched up for when my Plus subscription actually terminates, but only after I redownloaded and reinstalled the game (though, I didn't think of checking once the download was already going through).

Message 7 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1248 posts

Dec 8, 2011

At first I thought you had to re-download, however I am 100% sure this was a mistake on my part.  Because I was playing (or the kids were playing) an 'expired' game on their account, the content showed as expired.  So I thought I had to re-download.

As far as I can tell, as long as I play under my primary account, a download is not required.  Just start/play the game and the expiration date expires.

Of course this is a bug - we should not have to worry about the expiration date showing as being incorrect.

Message 8 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2011

Even more frustrating is when you're offline and your content mysteriously expires, BEFORE the renewal date.  Sony, I'm very disappointed, and was beyond frustrated that I couldn't play a year's worth of games until I was able to get online again to restart the games while connected (I'm a few months between leases and am staying outside of broadband range for a few months).  I ended up deleting most of my library since it was just taking up space that I needed for game installs, so I'll end up having to redownload them again.  I'm glad to see that my games will play now that I'm somewhat online again, however, if this happens again next year, or if I run into anymore expiration issues, I intend to cancel my PS+, and will have to detract all the good things I've been saying.

I still have one more issue.  PS1 games that I received via PS+ have expired.  I have started them while connected online, on my PS3, and the expiration date has bumped forward to 12/9/2012, which I believe is when I received my renewal auto-bill (I have NO idea if I received my full 15 months, or the extra month from the outage, I'll just take it on good faith that I did).  I do NOT have the option to transfer the titles to my PSP, still.  I connect online via cell-phone tether, so bandwidth total and speed are limited.  I have NOT attempted to redownload them.  On top of that, all of my content on my PSP is expired and not restarting while offline.

What is the official fix to update (what is really INCORRECTLY) expired PS+ content on a PSP?

What is the official fix to make PS1 and PSMini PS+ content that has expired transferrable to a PSP again?

Please note that I have NEVER had a change or lapse in my PS+ service at all.  Please also note that I will be emminently disappointed if the answer is to redownload, or at least start the redownload process, of those titles.  My PSN Store download list is 517 items long.  To call it a pain in the ass to attempt to navigate that mess of a list is an understatement.  My fingers are crossed that there's either an update to sorting the Download List (long overdue, anyone?), or that I don't have to go to it to solve these questions.

PSN Staff, I eagerly await your solution.

Message 9 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Dec 27, 2011

I've just emailed Sony on this and I also have never lapsed my PS Plus membership. And this is what I got as a response:

"Titles with an expiration date may indeed expire on that date even if you have an PS PLUS Subscription in good standing. Each game can have its' own license. You can check each game to see what information is available.

Not all titles may be available forever on the PlayStation(R)Network and per the terms of service, this is to be understood."

I was under the impression that every items that I got as a "Free game" was available for the duration of my Plus membership. This statement sent from a Playstation Knowledge Center associate states otherwise. I'm quite confused and rather upset about the entire issue. Any information that I can get here would be appreciated thanks.

Message 10 of 15 (4,330 Views)
0 Likes