Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 05 2014
By: XxFibblenasterxX Hekseville Citizen 271 posts

Has anybody played 1001 spikes yet?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 163 views Edited Jun 6, 2014

Anybody play this yet I'm dying to play it thinking about buying it love how hard it looks

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 8 (163 Views)
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

Re: 1001 spikes

Jun 5, 2014

XxFibblenasterxX wrote:
Anybody play this yet I'm dying to play it thinking about buying it love how hard it looks

I hadn't heard of it till you mentioned it!

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 8 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 6, 2014

Yes. It's pretty hard but I love the challenge

Message 3 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jun 6, 2014

While beating every level on the first try will cause the game to be roughly twenty minutes long, it’s easy to see 1001 Spikes lasting anywhere from eight to fifteen hours for most players. Because speaking on my experience, I've died hundreds and hundreds of times in a row. :smileyindifferent:

A free society must always be vigilant in watching its guardians.
Message 4 of 8 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: Has anybody played 1001 spikes yet?

Jun 6, 2014

When you got a golden skull, did you get 999 lives?  I did, is that on purpose?

Message 5 of 8 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jun 6, 2014

Each level has a collectable Golden Skull to find, usually hidden, at each threshold they have some extra content for those who dare to get collect them which come in the form of extra modes or characters. When you play as one of the unlockable characters, your level progress is seperate from the main hero and each other unlockable character, and the skulls replaced with coins which you can use to unlock even more stuff with in the shop. Each almost every character plays entirely different, even the cosplay ones for the main hero have entirely different playstyles and plenty of little details to them. (The Belmont cameo cosplay removes your ranged option of a throwing knife, to a shorter distanced whip, in an exchange for damage power, stuff like that.) But as far as recieving 999 lives, I'm not sure on that one. 

A free society must always be vigilant in watching its guardians.
Message 6 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 22, 2014

This game is right up my alley, and evidntly the OP's as we share the same avatar. You gotta find that gold armor man! Anyways... this is a tad belated.

Colour me cluless, but I want this badly, but not badly enough to get a PS4 yet, Or vita. Is there an oficial publisher announcement, can;t find it. Really want this on PS3, don't know why the heck it isn't on ps3. If Vita can run it, PS3 can, I think?

Have yet to see a "killer app" to persuade me to get a PS4. come on Sony, gonna take a lot more than this to sway me. But it looks bloody great, love the challenging platformers.

Don;t get this these delayed exclusive releases lately, want Entwined also, which is verified as coming to PS3, It's got a lot of life left in it for me, and from from what I;ve read/heard, many aren't too satisfied with the OS4's offerings yet. Which is why I neevr adopt tech early.

TL;DR I want this now. Badly.

Message 7 of 8 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9301 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Big_Blue_Tree wrote:

This game is right up my alley, and evidntly the OP's as we share the same avatar. You gotta find that gold armor man! Anyways... this is a tad belated.

Colour me cluless, but I want this badly, but not badly enough to get a PS4 yet, Or vita. Is there an oficial publisher announcement, can;t find it. Really want this on PS3, don't know why the heck it isn't on ps3. If Vita can run it, PS3 can, I think?

Have yet to see a "killer app" to persuade me to get a PS4. come on Sony, gonna take a lot more than this to sway me. But it looks bloody great, love the challenging platformers.

Don;t get this these delayed exclusive releases lately, want Entwined also, which is verified as coming to PS3, It's got a lot of life left in it for me, and from from what I;ve read/heard, many aren't too satisfied with the OS4's offerings yet. Which is why I neevr adopt tech early.

TL;DR I want this now. Badly.

It is what it is you  wanttp play this. Either get a Vita or PS4. Why ofer new hard ware and new games for the hardware and keep making it for the old hardware. Whats the point of even having the new hardware. All game companies are slowly phasingout the older consoles for the new hardware. Its part of the evolution of a console. It has its creation. It has its days where games are everything and it has the days support is stopped due to newer  hardware replaces it.

Message 8 of 8 (57 Views)
0 Likes