Sep 23 2013
By: heGOTmeAGAIN I Only Post Everything 1050 posts

Has Sony lost their mind's?

19 replies 478 views Edited Sep 23, 2013

I didn't see apost about this sorry if it is.

Deep Down is going to be another F2P game.

Holy PS4 why are they giving the house away, Although I am not complaining. Smiley Very Happy

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/deep_down/news/deep_down_will_be_free-to-play_on_ps4.html

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 1 of 20 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Re: Has Sony lost their mind's?

Sep 23, 2013

How is this a bad thing.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 20 (474 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Sep 23, 2013

It's not darknovaxp

See where I said although I'm not complaining. Smiley Wink

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 3 of 20 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Sep 23, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Holy PS4 why are they giving the house away, Although I am not complaining. Smiley Very Happy

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/deep_down/news/deep_down_will_be_free-to-play_on_ps4.html

Yeah, this was/is posted in the "PS4 everything we know so far" thread, but not out here as a stand alone thread.

I really don't know what to think about this. While I'm excited about other F2P games, since they all have a history and I can look to see if they are well received, and they are from what I've read and even watching my son play Blacklight: Retribution this summer for days straight.

I just have a hard time with this game being F2P and from Capcom a developer that is known to milk franchises with Super Super Super Editions and lots of DLC at launches of their games (with some being said to already be on the disk).

I'm going to take the wait and see approach for this and cross my fingers in hopes it works out well.

Message 4 of 20 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Sep 23, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

I think this is a bad sign about the quality of the game.  If it is good, why wouldn't it be a $60 game?  I am going to wait for it to be released and check the reviews.

Message 5 of 20 (424 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Sweet! Free to play is good for me.. =)

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 6 of 20 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 23, 2013

You can count on being nickel and dimed on many things in the game. Now if buuying everything in the game is equal or less than the retail price of the game, why complain? Assuming it is actually a very good game, I dont mind paying less for the things I want instead of paying retail for allot of things I may only use once. I will hae to just try it out first and go from there. It is free, so theres no harm in giving it s shot, and if you decide you dont want to buy items, just delete it.

Message 7 of 20 (384 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9279 posts

Sep 23, 2013
This probably means alot of Dlc...Like Alot of it.
Message 8 of 20 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Sep 23, 2013

blackf77t wrote:

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

I think this is a bad sign about the quality of the game.  If it is good, why wouldn't it be a $60 game?  I am going to wait for it to be released and check the reviews.

This makes no sense friend. Are you saying there can't be any quality F2P titles.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 9 of 20 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Sure, it will be free to play, my guess is only the basic version. If you want more, you will have to pay

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 10 of 20 (336 Views)
0 Likes