Mar 07 2014
By: TranceformerFX First Son 9 posts

Has Sony Enabled Use of Capture Cards for PS4?

[ Edited ]
1 replies 203 views Edited Mar 8, 2014

Hello.

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a particular subject.

I was thinking about starting my own Youtube channel that would be centered around giving reviews to PS4 games. However, I'm not quite sure if Sony has patched the PS4 yet that would lift the HDCP policy in order for capture cards to properly work on the PS4. I read on a few articles from the internet that Sony reversed their policies on capture cards and that they would allow the use of them once the necessary patch/system update arrived. Does anyone know if this system update has happened yet? Does anyone in here currently use a capture card for their PS4?

Capture cards are a heavy investment so I need to be sure that the necessary patch has landed before I drop the cash for an independant capture card device. If I could get some feedback about this from people that know more about it, I'd greatly appreciate your contribution. Thanks guys.

Edited label -- For more information on labels, please click here. 

Message 1 of 2 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5157 posts

Re: Has Sony Enabled Use of Capture Cards for PS4?

Mar 8, 2014

TranceformerFX wrote:

Hello.

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a particular subject.

I was thinking about starting my own Youtube channel that would be centered around giving reviews to PS4 games. However, I'm not quite sure if Sony has patched the PS4 yet that would lift the HDCP policy in order for capture cards to properly work on the PS4. I read on a few articles from the internet that Sony reversed their policies on capture cards and that they would allow the use of them once the necessary patch/system update arrived. Does anyone know if this system update has happened yet? No, it has not. Does anyone in here currently use a capture card for their PS4? Apparently some people have found a way around it, try Google searching.

Capture cards are a heavy investment so I need to be sure that the necessary patch has landed before I drop the cash for an independant capture card device. If I could get some feedback about this from people that know more about it, I'd greatly appreciate your contribution. Thanks guys.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)
0 Likes