Apr 10 2012
By: GAME-HERO Lombax Warrior 120 posts

Hardcore Grampa Gamer!

11 replies 268 views Edited Apr 10, 2012

That's right the topic says it all, I have been gaming for over 30 years and I am die hard Sony Fan for life. My Wife, Family and Friends can certainly testify for this, in fact, I probably sold more Playstation 3 systems than our local retailer. I enjoy being a spokes person for the Playstion family. Don't get me wrong I am Not employed by Sony (I would love to. be..) in anyway shape or form. You see, I look at it this way; I invested in a PS3 which has so much to offer and i want everyone else in my network to also be able to receive the best possible media/gaming experience that the industry (Sony) has to offer. I own multiple Sony products from the Vita to Sony's Google TV, some of which I had to camp out for days (60gig launch PS3, Best Buy).

Not a day goes goes by without the word "Playstation" coming from my mouth. I visit us PSblog daily for news,eagerly waiting for that next bit of news so I can always stay "up to date" or "on time" with current events revolving around the PS Brand. I stay up to date on twitter with people like; Amy Hennig, Jeff Rubenstein or Kevin Butler just to stay in touch.

I call myself a hard core gamer because It's what I enjoy doing. When you work 50 hours a week then go home and drop another 45 hours in gaming alone, than your a core gamer.  It's not uncommon for me to drop 18 hours in of gaming in one day (on weekends). If you don't believe me than just check my Trophies, my PS Network ID is: GAME-HERO.

The only thing that disappoints me about gaming is all the negativity from non-gamers, such as; If you're a gamer than you must be overweight, lazy and irresponsible especially for a person my age, I'm 47 years old therefor I hear my share of "Your too old to play" or "grow up". Well last time I check my PS3 box there was no age limit that excluded me.  Just because I'm older don't under estimate me, cause I will still "Gank" you in Fat Princess, or "Frag" you in Battlefield 3...or who knows may I'll just be-friend you in Journey.

Either way Game on my friends!

Message 1 of 12 (268 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Re: Hardcore Grampa Gamer!

Apr 10, 2012

WOOT!..good for you..im with ya..feel exactly the same way about sony and its products...lol..couldnt have said it better myself..im a little older than you but i myself have also been gaming for over 30 yrs..its never been better..love it! sony and its products have always been good to me,thats why i continue and will continue to spend my money on the best products out there..MHO..Glad your here and keep comming back!..i know im not goin anywhere...lol..SONY RULES..THE REST JUST DROOL!...lol..33455-220.jpg

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 2 of 12 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Apr 10, 2012

Can I add you as a friend? GAME-HERO add me!

Message 3 of 12 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 17, 2015
I agree with what you stated , I ve been gaming the same amt of time,, I enjoy it now at 50 just as much when I was in my 20 s
Message 4 of 12 (210 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2015

My dad plays games too. He says you are never to old to play. My dad is the reason me and my sister started playing video games since around 5 years old. I remember him trying to teach us playing team fortress and counterstrike. Have fun Granpa gamer. Smiley Happy

Xbox: SuzyRedd
Twitch Channel: Surrender_Dorothy
YouTube Channel: Surrender Dorothy

[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/SuzyRedd.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/SuzyRedd.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 5 of 12 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15951 posts

Oct 17, 2015

OK, good to know. Adult gamers can basically buy what they want and play anything we want. But adult responsibilites like family and work tends to get in the way of our game time.  

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 6 of 12 (163 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41795 posts

Oct 17, 2015

3 and a half year old necro-bump!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 7 of 12 (131 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13680 posts

Oct 17, 2015

BRIT-KO wrote:

3 and a half year old necro-bump!

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 12 (128 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9580 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2015

GAME-HERO wrote:

That's right the topic says it all, I have been gaming for over 30 years and I am die hard Sony Fan for life. My Wife, Family and Friends can certainly testify for this, in fact, I probably sold more Playstation 3 systems than our local retailer. I enjoy being a spokes person for the Playstion family. Don't get me wrong I am Not employed by Sony (I would love to. be..) in anyway shape or form. You see, I look at it this way; I invested in a PS3 which has so much to offer and i want everyone else in my network to also be able to receive the best possible media/gaming experience that the industry (Sony) has to offer. I own multiple Sony products from the Vita to Sony's Google TV, some of which I had to camp out for days (60gig launch PS3, Best Buy).

Not a day goes goes by without the word "Playstation" coming from my mouth. I visit us PSblog daily for news,eagerly waiting for that next bit of news so I can always stay "up to date" or "on time" with current events revolving around the PS Brand. I stay up to date on twitter with people like; Amy Hennig, Jeff Rubenstein or Kevin Butler just to stay in touch.

I call myself a hard core gamer because It's what I enjoy doing. When you work 50 hours a week then go home and drop another 45 hours in gaming alone, than your a core gamer.  It's not uncommon for me to drop 18 hours in of gaming in one day (on weekends). If you don't believe me than just check my Trophies, my PS Network ID is: GAME-HERO.

The only thing that disappoints me about gaming is all the negativity from non-gamers, such as; If you're a gamer than you must be overweight, lazy and irresponsible especially for a person my age, I'm 47 years old therefor I hear my share of "Your too old to play" or "grow up". Well last time I check my PS3 box there was no age limit that excluded me.  Just because I'm older don't under estimate me, cause I will still "Gank" you in Fat Princess, or "Frag" you in Battlefield 3...or who knows may I'll just be-friend you in Journey.

Either way Game on my friends!

47 isn't old!! But considering this post is 3 years old you hit the big 50, it just makes you a seasoned old school gamer.

When I think Grandpa Gamers you have me picturing some 65 yr old dude collecting Social Security drinking Ensure while playing Black Ops telling everyone to stop yelling in the mics.

photo d59f01ca-fca3-486a-9154-fb049f5d92d9_zpsk0wxrdwb.png
Message 9 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 17, 2015

Is being an older gamer suppose to be a badge of honor? Why is it even relevant? My dad played Pong at age 12, and he never stopped gaming, and he's 55 years old. but he never bothers posting about it because he doesn't need attention like that. He just does what he enjoys and doesn't care about the opinions of random people he will never meet.

Message 10 of 12 (112 Views)
0 Likes