Feb 26 2013
By: Xayias Sackboy 535 posts

Hard Choices

5 replies 135 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

So as many of you know, this week's Store update is a big one for Vita Owners. The Vita sale for the anniversery (As many of you wanted). Plants and Zombies is free (Haven't looked into the game but will try it out. But on the PS3 side the winners of the Player's Choice Awards will get a discount. That is where my problem starts.

So I have around $13 in my account and if GTA: San Andreas wins the PS2 classic and gets a discount than I have guess that it will be $7, adding the fact that I have PS Plus as well. I got this information from the Vita Anniversery discount games because Sound Shapes ($15) dollars is around the same price of San Andreas and I rather get a game I already have for $7 and not $15. My problem though is if I buy San Andreas, I am going to play it on my Vita (If and when PS2 games will ever be playable on Vita). Because if I wanted to play it on my PS3 I rather boot up the old PS2. I need to know if I am making a smart move before I spend the money so I don't waste it. Should I buy San Andreas, Can I expect to play it on my Vita in the future. I would wait but I doubt San Andreas will be on Sale again. And the opportunity cost would be me having more money for another Vita game from the Anniversery sale.

I need some help as you can see. D:

Message 1 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13736 posts

Re: Hard Choices

Feb 26, 2013

Should you expect to play PS2 classics on your Vita?

Probably not.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Get the vita games u wanted. Worst case scenario u spend a extra $7-$8 down the road if u can play hat on vita. But in the meantime u will have saved money on VITA games u can play NOW! Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Feb 26, 2013
GTA not hat. I'm on my iPhone and auto correct got me. P.S. I can't edit on iPhone or I would have.
Message 4 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Feb 26, 2013
If your iPhone desplays this site in mobile mode, down at the bottom of this page has a version option. You hit Full to switch to desktop mode. But I'm not sure about the iPhones safari browser, I have a android phone and have to switch when I need to edit lol . But if they can have GTA 3/ Vice city on dual core Tegra phones and tablets, then the Vitas Quad core Tegra 3 cpu/GPU can run both with no issues at all. Its all up to Sony and Rockstar.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 5 of 6 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Feb 27, 2013

If PS2 games become playable on the Vita it won't be for a long time so go with a Vita game instead.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 6 of 6 (58 Views)
0 Likes