Highlighted
Feb 17 2012
By: xRamzal First Son 2 posts

Had to restore system. Lost Trophies.

7 replies 895 views Edited Feb 17, 2012

I downloaded the demo of Lumines, to try it out. Today, I went to BestBuy to pickup the physical copy of the game. (I prefer having a shelved copy + box rather than a digital download.) When I inserted the cartridge, the install screen automatically popped up, after about 3 seconds, it froze. Restarted the system about 2-3 times, only for it to freeze at the same spot. I used the "Restore PS Vita System" option. This fixed it, I have all of my saved games and my PS Vita works fine, with everything installed. However, I lost all of my trophies for Uncharted, despite having sync'd them with the server on numerous occasions. The trophies from other games updated just fine, all except for Uncharted. Anyone else experience this? This is really disheartening.

Message 1 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Re: Had to restore system. Lost Trophies.

Feb 17, 2012

Maybe delete demo before physical install next time.

Message 2 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 17, 2012

you dont loose your trophies. I have system restored 5 times now switching from my US account to my JP one. it says you have no trophies at first but once you replay the games you had and then go synch trophies again, they show back up.

Twitch Channel
Message 3 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Many things that require an install generally freeze at certain points for a while. Next time you need to be a bit more patient. Unless it was an hour long wait, then you had no real reason to perform a system restore.

Also, 3 seconds in and you couldn't wait? no offence, but you must be new to these types of things right? next time feel free to open up a thread for technical stuff and there will most likely be somebody to help you.

...My Hamster told me to!
Message 4 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Feb 17, 2012

So you have to install retail games?

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 5 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Trophies are saved on your PSN account, not your system. When you do a sync, all of your trophies will re-appear.

Edit: Looked back up and read it was only for uncharted. Try re-inseting Uncharted and doing an action which would cause you to get a trophy. I opnce clearned game data for a game which for some reason erased all the trophies off my system for it. I re-played the game and got 1 trophy, then synced and they all returned. (The game was Heavy Rain)

Message 6 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Shadelon wrote:

So you have to install retail games?

Not really install, but they do place an icon on your screen.

Message 7 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 18, 2012

No, after 3 seconds it froze. Then stayed locked up for close to 10minutes each time.

Message 8 of 8 (895 Views)
0 Likes