Highlighted
Sep 12 2011
By: Alexandre1986fr First Son 1 posts

Hacking is back?

1 replies 10 views Edited Sep 12, 2011

I thought that PS3 updates prevented players from hacking.

Today, I noticed that even if the updates are effective (Thanks Sony ), they don't prevent some idiots from hacking on Modern Warfare 2.

Yeah... Some noobs keep bypassing the security system and still use breaches.

When I logged in the MW2 servers, I've joined a server in which all players had scored 6553 points. I also noticed that they can change their prestiges anytime they wanted, even in-game while shooting at people... All the players didn't seem to know each other. They, like me, joined but their scores from the last game were impressive...

When the game started (it was Afghan map), it didn't last 1 min before the game ended. Why? Because a guy from the enemy side (I won't put his nick here, but I already have reported him) shot a guy from my team, scored I don't know how, about 12e555 + 100 points... WTF?

Has anybody joined a game like that recently?

Message 1 of 2 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Hacking is back?

Sep 12, 2011

Alexandre1986fr wrote:

I thought that PS3 updates prevented players from hacking.

Today, I noticed that even if the updates are effective (Thanks Sony ), they don't prevent some idiots from hacking on Modern Warfare 2.

Yeah... Some noobs keep bypassing the security system and still use breaches.

When I logged in the MW2 servers, I've joined a server in which all players had scored 6553 points. I also noticed that they can change their prestiges anytime they wanted, even in-game while shooting at people... All the players didn't seem to know each other. They, like me, joined but their scores from the last game were impressive...

When the game started (it was Afghan map), it didn't last 1 min before the game ended. Why? Because a guy from the enemy side (I won't put his nick here, but I already have reported him) shot a guy from my team, scored I don't know how, about 12e555 + 100 points... ***?

Has anybody joined a game like that recently?

Ultimately, PS3 System updates are for the basic security to the PS3 itself, and Game updates are for game security.

Sony doesn't handle updates to games, like MW2; it would be up to the game developer to create security patches for their games.

So, no, updates to the PS3 itself do not prevent peopel from hacking on Modern Warfare 2.

Message 2 of 2 (10 Views)
0 Likes