Dec 02 2013
By: OddFishy69 Lombax Warrior 129 posts

HOw many HDMI Inputs does PS4 use??

5 replies 4480 views Edited Dec 2, 2013

I'm looking to get a TV and there is one with 2 HDMI inputs... is that enough??

Message 1 of 6 (4,480 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Re: HOw many HDMI Inputs does PS4 use??

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

No the PS4 requires 7 HDMI cables per audio channel, more if you want video.

For a 7.1 setup with video you lookin at around 54 HDMI cables, and they all connect to the single PS4 HDMI output.

(Sits and waits......)

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 2 of 6 (4,478 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Dec 2, 2013

OddFishy69 wrote:

I'm looking to get a TV and there is one with 2 HDMI inputs... is that enough??

Ok seriously now.

The PS4 has 1 HDMI port, it is an output.  Your tv needs at least 1 HDMI input.  Having two HDMI inputs as you say it does means you can alsom connect a HD cable box, or a PS3, or some other audio/video device.

Yes two is enough for just a PS4, but what else do you have to connect?

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 3 of 6 (4,474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Dec 2, 2013
After years of use hdmi inputs can get worn out on a tv. I would suggest getting a tv with at least 2 or 3 inputs.

But yeah as phillys said, the ps4 only has 1 output.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 4 of 6 (4,462 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Dec 2, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
After years of use hdmi inputs can get worn out on a tv. I would suggest getting a tv with at least 2 or 3 inputs.

But yeah as phillys said, the ps4 only has 1 output.

My tv has 3 HDMI inputs, but only one supports 3d (HDMI #3)

My tv is getting old, I bought it in 2007 and the HDMI #3 port is starting to give me troubles, not cutting out or anything but just pluging in the cable is getting harder, once it is in everything is fine.  I am almost copnsidering buying a MDHI switch just for that port to prevent and further plugging and unplugging from that port.

I use the PS3 for 3D but I also use my laptop for 3D, also when playing 2D I remove the external 3D converter to ensure 0 lag, the port gets lots of wear thats for sure.

Good tip is never use heavy cables for fibre optic or HDMI, these means you monster cables!!!  Monster cables are too heavy and can bend HDMI ports causing them to wear out very fast.

I bought a $2 HDMI cord at the dollar store and it works just as good as the one that came with the Sony 3D Display, and just as good as the $80 Energy cable sold to me in 2007 when I didnt know any better.

Learn from my mistake, dont be fooled!

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Message 5 of 6 (4,427 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
485 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Message 6 of 6 (4,400 Views)
0 Likes