Survivor
2539 posts

Re: HOw do i delete my playstation network account

Dec 17, 2012

lexarillo__12 wrote:

you actually can delete your PSN account. You have to reset your PS3 system default settings. But to warn you, it resets all your regular settings. When you do this it will tell you everything it resets before you continue but i put it all below straight from the users guide.

The one wanting their PSN account deleted must be logged into their PS3 system account

Go to Settings > System settings > Restore default settings

"Notices
  • When you perform this operation, the system software and the information for the user who is currently logged in will be restored to the default settings. Be careful when performing this operation as changes to the settings cannot be undone. Data loss or corruption is the responsibility of the user.
  • When multiple users exist on the PS3™ system, the information that is managed by users other than the user who is currently logged in will not be restored. Information that may be managed by other users and cannot be restored include the following:
  • - Sign-in ID and password for Sony Entertainment Network
  • - Bookmarks, history and settings added under (Internet Browser)
  • - Information about the image set as wallpaper under (Photo)
  • - Terms added using (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Add / Edit Term], or predictive terms "learned" by the on-screen keyboard
  • - Keyboard or mouse settings under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings)
  • - Voice changer settings under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Voice Changer]
  • - Theme, color, background and font settings under (Settings) > (Theme Settings)
  • Do not turn off the PS3™ system during this operation. If the operation is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing or exchange.
  • During this operation, the power button on the system front and the PS button on the wireless controller are not active.
  • You cannot use this feature to go back to an earlier version of the system software."

That restores the SYSTEM to it's default setting (when you bought it in the store) like the option you referenced SAID you twit, you can't DELETE your account. It's already been said all you can do is call sony and have them suspend or actually ban said account. Why you would do that I have no clue..... even if you move to another country.... if you move back one day you can use it again. It's not like you pay for an account.

Way to necro a dead thread with false information.

Message 11 of 14 (1,608 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Yes, but what if you wanted to change the email address of your main account to an address that has already been registered? I somehow managed to create another account on the PSN, forgetting that I could not move all of my trophies, dlc, etc from the main account to the new one. Would I just have to call Sony and explain my problem or is there a way to do it myself?

Message 12 of 14 (1,540 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 20, 2013
I just want to use my same email for a new PSN user ID but now that email is locked with the old PSN account... Smiley Sad no bueno!
Message 13 of 14 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13585 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

JNR, this thread was started 4 years ago, with the last post 8 months ago.

If you want to use your existing e-mail on a new PSN ID then create a new, dummy email and use it on what you call your "old PSN account".  You can then create a new account with your original e-mail address.

Edit: Thread locked for necro-bumping.

--Emmental-er

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 14 of 14 (1,212 Views)
0 Likes