Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Re: HOw do i delete my playstation network account

Aug 27, 2009
Answer ID:
Products:
Updated:
03/02/2009 11:19 AM

How do I close a PlayStation®Network account?

Once a PlayStation Network account is created, you can not delete it.  It will remain on the PlayStation Network servers forever.  If you wish, you may remove it from your PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system so it is no longer visible. 

Removing a PlayStation Network account
  1. On the XMB™, go to Users icon (Users) and log into the user that holds your PlayStation Network account you want removed. 
  2. With the user name highlighted, press the Triangle button icon button. 
  3. Select "Delete" and the user will be deleted. 

Please note that if you delete a user, all game save data earned under this user will be deleted as well, be sure to copy any game saves you wish to keep to another user.  Click here for information on how to copy games saves on the PLAYSTATION 3.

Closing a PlayStation Network account

If you wish no one to access the PlayStation Network account, you can also have it banned or suspended by Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA).   To ban or suspend a PlayStation Network account, please contact SCEA Consumer Services' Accounts and Billing line at 1-877-971-7669.

Prior to having your account closed, you will want to deactivate your PLAYSTATION®3 or PSP® portable entertainment system from your PlayStation Network account.  Click here to learn how to deactivate your system.

If you would like to use a new (different) account, you will have to create an entirely new PlayStation Network account.  
Note:  Purchased content cannot be transferred between different PlayStation Network accounts.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  If you do not wish to lose the items purchased with an account, you are able to edit the account information, as an alternative.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=222&p_sid=...

Message Edited by steelersrock01 on 08-27-2009 10:53 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (45,186 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Dec 27, 2010

I would like to know why someone would want to close their PSN account and permanently lose all their PSN Purchases (providing they made any).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (45,185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2011

Perhaps it is because they do not like their current PSN user ID, or perhaps because they were hacked. thanks for the Info Steelersrock01 =]

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (45,185 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 13, 2012

but can i ascess my deleted acout on another ps3?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (44,862 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Jul 14, 2012
wonder if he mean master account or sub. that guy above me said a good guide to delete sub.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (44,851 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jul 14, 2012

RioFFLover72 wrote:

but can i ascess my deleted acout on another ps3?

No, you could not
If you want to acces your account on another console the only thing you need to do is get online on that one. I'm guessing you are asking this because you want to change from one PS3 to another

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (44,849 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 28, 2012
its cuz if u need to change ur country u cant..... which means i cant make any purchases from PSN now that ive moved from USA to India....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (42,411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2012

you actually can delete your PSN account. You have to reset your PS3 system default settings. But to warn you, it resets all your regular settings. When you do this it will tell you everything it resets before you continue but i put it all below straight from the users guide.

The one wanting their PSN account deleted must be logged into their PS3 system account

Go to Settings > System settings > Restore default settings

"Notices
  • When you perform this operation, the system software and the information for the user who is currently logged in will be restored to the default settings. Be careful when performing this operation as changes to the settings cannot be undone. Data loss or corruption is the responsibility of the user.
  • When multiple users exist on the PS3™ system, the information that is managed by users other than the user who is currently logged in will not be restored. Information that may be managed by other users and cannot be restored include the following:
  • - Sign-in ID and password for Sony Entertainment Network
  • - Bookmarks, history and settings added under (Internet Browser)
  • - Information about the image set as wallpaper under (Photo)
  • - Terms added using (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Add / Edit Term], or predictive terms "learned" by the on-screen keyboard
  • - Keyboard or mouse settings under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings)
  • - Voice changer settings under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Voice Changer]
  • - Theme, color, background and font settings under (Settings) > (Theme Settings)
  • Do not turn off the PS3™ system during this operation. If the operation is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing or exchange.
  • During this operation, the power button on the system front and the PS button on the wireless controller are not active.
  • You cannot use this feature to go back to an earlier version of the system software."
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (38,346 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11146 posts

Dec 17, 2012
No...you can't delete your PSN account, as this entire old thread has explained.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (38,314 Views)