First Son
2 posts

Re: HOW TO TRANSFER PS3 MEMORY TO A NEW PS3??

Dec 7, 2010

hmmm well i want to use my old ps3 memory on my new one that i gonna buy tomorrow an 320 GB slim but my old one is a fattie and well my fattie his blu ray reader is broke so it cant read any discs but how can i copy the memory on new one???

Message 21 of 27 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

Dec 8, 2010

Mikedemyx wrote:

Agreed, don't type in caps, well i'm currently trying -.- I took out my HD and now putting it into some kind of device put on the computer then get the files onto a USB onto the PS3.. still attempting to get the HD to work on the computer..  if I lose it.. well i've lost 2 years of my life ;D

yea... thats not gonna happen, the ps3 uses a filesystem that computers dont use or know. its a custom filesystem like the xbox 360 filesystem. if you were to plug it into your computer, your computer would try to read off of it, or try to figure out if anythign is on it, it will pretty much corrupt the filesystem and you will have to format the hdd again, it would only show up in disk management in windows and would be an unknown system. so in a short term, you pretty much just got rid of the data for good.

and to OP, you cannot transfer the memory because its inbedded to the motherboard, but you can transfer the hdd to another ps3, tho it will delete your data. memory is ram not a form of file storage.

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Message 22 of 27 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 8, 2010

It depends. If you are trading it in for a new PS3, then aside from backing up your harddrive with an external harddrive, I dont think you can keep your saves. Most saves usually transfer over if you restore your back updata.

If, however, you are buying a new PS3, there is a way to transfer all of your old data from the old PS3 to the new one. If you get an ethernet cable and hook up both PS3s to it, then select the option to have one send while the other recieves, it will transfer all of your old data to the new PS3, but you have to have 2 PS3s for this to work. Hope all of this helps.

Message 23 of 27 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 20, 2012

ok I have a 160 gb ps3 and than one day I deleted my account.about two months later i remembered the password and email address (I for got my email address and password)but I had map packs and season pass to play online on BF3 and now I don't have them can I like go on a computer or something to get them back?

oh ya agreed on the cap locks man you dont have to act like you'll die if you dont have it.

Message 24 of 27 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Dec 20, 2012

dominicluna227 wrote:

ok I have a 160 gb ps3 and than one day I deleted my account.about two months later i remembered the password and email address (I for got my email address and password)but I had map packs and season pass to play online on BF3 and now I don't have them can I like go on a computer or something to get them back?

oh ya agreed on the cap locks man you dont have to act like you'll die if you dont have it.

You can go into your account on the ps3 then to your download history and can redownload anything you had bought/downloaded previously. 

Message 25 of 27 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

Dec 20, 2012
There is a program to backup your hdd on pc and reinstall the hdd on a new hdd.. But when a ps3 freezes, it is usually due to the hdd being bad or it is clogged with dust on the inside...
Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 26 of 27 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15739 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

STOP TYPING IN CAPS. It''s rude because that's the same as yelling.

Under system settings there's a way to format, back-up, and restore your HDD. Have a external HDD with enough space (500 gb's or 1 TB) and click the HDD back-up option. Depending on how much content yo have, it may take awhile. So leave your system on and do something else until it's done. 

Edit: thread locked due to necro post.  Please check last post date before posting.

Thanks,

U--J

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 27 of 27 (156 Views)
0 Likes