Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2007
By: PRZFINEST~ First Son 1 posts

HOW TO CHANGE PS3 NETWORK NAME

62 replies 99510 views Edited Jan 14, 2007
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW CAN I CHANGE MY NETWORK NAME?... OR DO I HAVE TO DELETE IT AND CREATE ANOTHER ONE?
Message 1 of 63 (99,510 Views)
Limit Breaker
26612 posts

Re: HOW TO CHANGE PS3 NETWORK NAME

Jan 14, 2007

PRZFINEST wrote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW CAN I CHANGE MY NETWORK NAME?... OR DO I HAVE TO DELETE IT AND CREATE ANOTHER ONE?

The PLAYSTATION® Network handle cannot be changed unless a new account is created. You'll have to use a different User ID (e-mail address to sign in) and then a different online handle must be created that has not been used by any other player. :]
Message 2 of 63 (99,510 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2060 posts

Jan 14, 2007
Right.

Let's say you have PSN ID "A" with email "1" (your prefered email) and want to change the ID.

Edit the PSN ID "A" to an alternate email "2".  I also suggest turning off all notifications, since you won't be using this PSN ID.

Then delete the user on your PS3.  Note, this may delete data associated with that user, such as saves.  I guess you could keep the user on your system, but that gets messy.

Then create a new user with the desired PSN ID and email "1", and you'll be good to go.

Note that the older PSN ID still exists unless you call Sony support to delete it. 

I skipped the "edit the email" step when I did this, and ended up creating a user and logging in to the older PSN ID in order to change email after the fact.
redking
Message 3 of 63 (99,510 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1155 posts

Jan 14, 2007
i think they should not allow all caps on stuff...its so annoying...learn to type like a regualar person
Message 4 of 63 (99,510 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 10, 2008
This is WACK! Why cant i just change my ps3 network name? I gotta make a whole new profile, which wouldnt be bad if I would be able to play my saved info. But Now I gotta start my entire saved MLB 08 season over again not to mention Metal Gear Solid. This is HORRIBLE!!! We should have the chance of changing our network name without having to jump through all these hoops.  
Message 5 of 63 (99,510 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Jul 10, 2008

QuesoFrito wrote:
This is WACK! Why cant i just change my ps3 network name? I gotta make a whole new profile, which wouldnt be bad if I would be able to play my saved info. But Now I gotta start my entire saved MLB 08 season over again not to mention Metal Gear Solid. This is HORRIBLE!!! We should have the chance of changing our network name without having to jump through all these hoops.  

My suggestion to you would be to think about what you really want your name to be online.  Are you gonna be the same way if you have kids?  Want to change their name after a couple of months because you get tired of it? 

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 6 of 63 (99,510 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 10, 2008
how come sony allows japanese accounts to do this and not US
Message 7 of 63 (99,510 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Jul 10, 2008

c_till wrote:
how come sony allows japanese accounts to do this and not US

They can change their online display name, but not their actualy PSN name

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 8 of 63 (99,510 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
823 posts

Jul 10, 2008

QuesoFrito wrote:
just copy the game save to a memory stick...change profile and copy back
Message 9 of 63 (99,510 Views)
Wastelander
864 posts

Jul 12, 2008
delete it
Message 10 of 63 (99,510 Views)
0 Likes