Reply
Nov 20 2012
By: classified-999 First Son 11 posts
Offline

HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

9 replies 546 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

I left my vita at home when I moved away to attend medical school. I will be heading back to visit my parents on Dec 23rd but would like to sign up for plus right now to have all the current games. If I am not mistaken signing up on Dec 23rd would not give me these Nov. games. So, is there any way to sign up for plus via online without accessing your Vita?

Message 1 of 10 (546 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/24/2012
Offline
27 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 20, 2012

Right on Playstations main website. Just sign in and click the join now tab under playstation plus.

Message 2 of 10 (541 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 20, 2012

classified-999 wrote:

I left my vita at home when I moved away to attend medical school. I will be heading back to visit my parents on Dec 23rd but would like to sign up for plus right now to have all the current games. If I am not mistaken signing up on Dec 23rd would not give me these Nov. games. So, is there any way to sign up for plus via online without accessing your Vita?


You can't just join from PlayStaion.com, it only directs you to Amazon to buy a PS+ subscription card.

 

I think this will work, I'm not getting my Vita until this weekend.

 

1. Buy a PS+ subscription card

2. Log into sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

3. Under account select redeem prepaid card

4. Enter you code in, and your PS+ account should be activated

5. Download the Vita content manager on your PC to download the PS+ Vita games, that you can transfer into your Vita later

 

I suggest you might want to call Sony customer service, or check with a current Vita owner if this series of steps will work for you.

 

Good Luck...

Message 3 of 10 (497 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/29/2010
Offline
204 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 20, 2012
wont you have to click purchase on the games to add them to your ps+ free games list?
Message 4 of 10 (465 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 20, 2012

jayquik03 wrote:
wont you have to click purchase on the games to add them to your ps+ free games list?

Yes. If you don't click on them to "purchase" them then they will not be added to your transaction history, and you won't be able to play them. You will also need to download them to play.

 

Message 5 of 10 (459 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/26/2010
Offline
315 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 20, 2012

Do all ps plus cards work with the vita? (ie not a specific ps plus card for vita only)

Message 6 of 10 (453 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 20, 2012

hawkeystar wrote:

Do all ps plus cards work with the vita? (ie not a specific ps plus card for vita only)


Once the store updates the PSN Plus pre-paid cards should work without trouble. If you do have issues redeeming the codes, post it here and we'll try to figure out the solution.

 

Message 7 of 10 (450 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/04/2009
Offline
7089 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

classified-999 wrote:

I left my vita at home when I moved away to attend medical school. I will be heading back to visit my parents on Dec 23rd but would like to sign up for plus right now to have all the current games. If I am not mistaken signing up on Dec 23rd would not give me these Nov. games. So, is there any way to sign up for plus via online without accessing your Vita?


You can't just join from PlayStaion.com, it only directs you to Amazon to buy a PS+ subscription card.

 

I think this will work, I'm not getting my Vita until this weekend.

 

1. Buy a PS+ subscription card

2. Log into sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

3. Under account select redeem prepaid card

4. Enter you code in, and your PS+ account should be activated

5. Download the Vita content manager on your PC to download the PS+ Vita games, that you can transfer into your Vita later

 

I suggest you might want to call Sony customer service, or check with a current Vita owner if this series of steps will work for you.

 

Good Luck...


I don't think there's a way to download Vita content from the PC.  Content manager doesn't work like Media Go did.  But if you know of a way to do it, I would be very happy to learn Smiley Happy.  Basically, I wouldn't buy PS+ until you have access to a Vita or PS3 system; as far as I know, the only thing you could download is FFT (PSP game) from Media Go.

Message 8 of 10 (384 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 21, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

classified-999 wrote:

I left my vita at home when I moved away to attend medical school. I will be heading back to visit my parents on Dec 23rd but would like to sign up for plus right now to have all the current games. If I am not mistaken signing up on Dec 23rd would not give me these Nov. games. So, is there any way to sign up for plus via online without accessing your Vita?


You can't just join from PlayStaion.com, it only directs you to Amazon to buy a PS+ subscription card.

 

I think this will work, I'm not getting my Vita until this weekend.

 

1. Buy a PS+ subscription card

2. Log into sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

3. Under account select redeem prepaid card

4. Enter you code in, and your PS+ account should be activated

5. Download the Vita content manager on your PC to download the PS+ Vita games, that you can transfer into your Vita later

 

I suggest you might want to call Sony customer service, or check with a current Vita owner if this series of steps will work for you.

 

Good Luck...


I don't think there's a way to download Vita content from the PC.  Content manager doesn't work like Media Go did.  But if you know of a way to do it, I would be very happy to learn Smiley Happy.  Basically, I wouldn't buy PS+ until you have access to a Vita or PS3 system; as far as I know, the only thing you could download is FFT (PSP game) from Media Go.


Oh I didn't realize that. I know with Media Go you could purchase PSP & and PS1 games, it is too bad that one can't make purchases for all PSN content through a PC, like you can do for an Xbox...

Message 9 of 10 (379 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/17/2005
Offline
1462 posts
 

Re: HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS WITHOUT VITA OR PS3?

Nov 21, 2012
Can you call and walk your parents through the steps to check-out with the free games? The Plus section is easy to find, there are three ads for it at the top once you bring up the store.
Message 10 of 10 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes