Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 05 2013
By: PurpleSwag-ASAP First Son 1 posts

HELP

5 replies 77 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

Can I deativate this account and make another account using the same E-mail and if so how do i deativate this account

Message 1 of 6 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: HELP

Jun 5, 2013

PurpleSwag-ASAP wrote:

Can I deativate this account and make another account using the same E-mail and if so how do i deativate this account

Contact Sony Support to deactivate the account from PSN.  As far as on the system, I am unsure. brb.

Sony Support:

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Moble

Message 2 of 6 (75 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17373 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

PurpleSwag-ASAP wrote:

First you'll need another e-mail account. Then on the system change your current PSN account's e-mail. Then when you make the new PSN account you can use the original e-mail. Make sense? All the deactivating can be done on the system too.

Message 3 of 6 (72 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Jun 5, 2013

OK, back now....

SO, if you are logged into the account you wish to get rid of on the PS3, then you should be able to go all the way to the left, where the profile information is, and select, then choose Options (Triangle), and delete.

Never done it before, but I am pretty sure those are the steps.

Moble

Message 4 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17373 posts

Jun 5, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

OK, back now....

SO, if you are logged into the account you wish to get rid of on the PS3, then you should be able to go all the way to the left, where the profile information is, and select, then choose Options (Triangle), and delete.

Moble

Yes you can do that but if you don't change the e-mail first like I said when you go to create the new account you won't be able to use that e-mail again because it's already being used. You can only delete users. You're not really deleting the PSN account so the e-mail will still be associated with it.

Message 5 of 6 (64 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Jun 5, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

OK, back now....

Moble

Yes you can do that but if you don't change the e-mail first like I said when you go to create the new account you won't be able to use that e-mail again because it's already being used. You can only delete users. You're not really deleting the PSN account so the e-mail will still be associated with it.

Yes, forgot about that important step.  Then once the old is deleted and the new created, you can go into account management and change the email to the one you want right?

Moble

Message 6 of 6 (61 Views)