Dec 22 2012
By: nicolas_the_kid1 First Son 3 posts

HELP ME PLEASE!

4 replies 206 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

Ok well, i had a problem with my ps3 and so i reseted everything, back to like it was new, because i had a DNS error so i put in Primary DNS: 129.250.35.250 and in the Secondary DNS: 129.250.35.251 (i watched it in a video that saiid it works) and my Internet connection strength is 100% (wireless) my default router is 10.0.0.1 and my UPnP says its available and so everything looks fine to me but when i try to sign in to PSN it says The connection with Sony Entertainment Network timed out. I need help, is PSN down or do i have a problem with my Internet or PS3?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Re: HELP ME PLEASE!

Dec 23, 2012

What type of router?

10.0.0.1 is typically a server assigned ip address. Are you trying to play at  your workplace?  :smileyhappy:

Why are you setting up a static ip on your playstation?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Dec 23, 2012

dude you should have just left it ALONE. call your provider you jacked it up.

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 13, 2013

After the 4.30 update, you have to open up ports in your router now (PortForwarding).

heres the list of ports:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241

also if that does help with PS Home then, set your router security to low and see how that works as well, but put it back to medium after your done playing ps3.

Hope this this helps

God Bless

-------------------------
The Cloudman
God Bless
Acts: 2:38 KJV
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18257 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Carrtouf wrote:

After the 4.30 update, you have to open up ports in your router now (PortForwarding).

heres the list of ports:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241

also if that does help with PS Home then, set your router security to low and see how that works as well, but put it back to medium after your done playing ps3.

Hope this this helps

God Bless

Looking at the date, I doubt the OP shows up around this thread with the same issue.

Anyways, port-forwarding is the way to go. UPnP has always been flawed & not every router does it correctly.

Recommending someone to lower their router security is just poor advice. The average home router is limited and in cases just plain weak. On top of that, the average home user rarely ever bothers to properly set up their router settings. If the user isn't tech savvy and it does follow your advice to lower their router's security then the chances that they will access the router again to reestablish the router security are low. [convenience Vs security]

God bless you too

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes