I have a PSP that is not modified or anything. It worked fine but haven't played it for about a 1-2 months so the batter was fully drained. I did recharge the battery and it seems to be full. But with that said I have the following problems.
- I have a problem where it doesn't play UMD (it reads them, but when you actually press the X button to play it. It gives you a 80020148 error). On top of this when you remove the UMD from the system the psp continues to lock up.
- The screen will start in the home screen and you can move it to multiple spots, but after about 20-30 seconds the screen either goes black or the PSP locks up and automatically turns off. The worst part is you can not choose anything, so I can not reset to factory settings or even hit the USB to connect to my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- Tried all kinds of things like the hold the R trigger. Nothing. Remove the battery for 10 seconds and use the charging cable. Same problem locks up doesn't let you choose anything.
- I did finally get it to connect to the computer, but had to have the computer power open it and than it only reads the memory card which I already basically cleared. I am stuck and was hoping for HELP.
- Please let me know if anyone has seen this problem and what I should do.
You can format Flash1 (basically the same as "Restore Default Settings") if you hold these buttons while turning on the PSP:
It might not help though, but it's worth a try.