Highlighted
Mar 19 2011
By: tennis99pow First Son 1 posts

HELP HELP HELP

3 replies 15 views Edited Mar 19, 2011

I have a PSP that is not modified or anything. It worked fine but haven't played it for about a 1-2 months so the batter was fully drained. I did recharge the battery and it seems to be full. But with that said I have the following problems.

1. I have a problem where it doesn't play UMD (it reads them, but when you actually press the X button to play it. It gives you a 80020148 error). On top of this when you remove the UMD from the system the psp continues to lock up.
  2. The screen will start in the home screen and you can move it to multiple spots, but after about 20-30 seconds the screen either goes black or the PSP locks up and automatically turns off. The worst part is you can not choose anything, so I can not reset to factory settings or even hit the USB to connect to my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  3. Tried all kinds of things like the hold the R trigger. Nothing. Remove the battery for 10 seconds and use the charging cable. Same problem locks up doesn't let you choose anything.
  4. I did finally get it to connect to the computer, but had to have the computer power open it and than it only reads the memory card which I already basically cleared. I am stuck and was hoping for HELP.
  5. Please let me know if anyone has seen this problem and what I should do.
Message 1 of 4 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Re: HELP HELP HELP

Mar 20, 2011

You can format Flash1 (basically the same as "Restore Default Settings") if you hold these buttons while turning on the PSP:

Triangle+Square+Start+Select

It might not help though, but it's worth a try.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15109 posts

Mar 20, 2011

80020148 means the PRX type is unsupported. What firmware are you running?

You have successfully launched subtleasabrickhumor.exe

Fabulous!
Message 3 of 4 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7805 posts

Mar 20, 2011

Can you download some Demos from the PS Store and try to fire them up?

I think I got 80020148 with a terribly dirty UMD or a malfunctioning UMD Drive, too.

Message 4 of 4 (15 Views)
0 Likes