May 11 2013
By: Fugicara Splicer 63 posts

HDMI Randomly Stopped Working for PS3

2 replies 49 views Edited May 11, 2013

Every night, I move my PS3 from my room to the living room so I can watch Netflix on the big TV before I go to sleep.  Last night was no different.  I unplugged the HDMI from my room's TV and moved into the living room.  It was not unplugged for more than a minute, but for some reason it didn't work on the living room TV.  It was too late to figure it out, so I just went to sleep.  Anyways, now that it's back in my room, it won't work on my TV either.  The cable is still fine because it works on my laptop.  I've tried resetting the PS3 and auto-detecting the HDMI and I've even gone into the terrible SD XMB to set it manually, but the TV doesn't detect the HDMI input.

Facts:

-It's a problem with the PS3, not the HDMI cable.

-Resetting doesn't work.

-It was working literally a minute earlier before I switched TVs, but it doesn't work on either now.

I need help with this, please!  Oh, and sorry about not posting in the support forums; I couldn't find the post button (assuming those are forums and we are allowed to post in them).

Message 1 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Re: HDMI Randomly Stopped Working for PS3

May 11, 2013

Okay well I figured out where to post in the support forums, but I don't know how to delete this post.  So I'm just gonna go post this in that forum and hope that a mod deletes this post.

Message 2 of 3 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
20 posts

Re: HDMI Randomly Stopped Working for PS3

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

it could be the tv. i have a problem myself, i have 2 hdmi ports on my tv, and one of them mysteriously started not playing sound, though you can see the video still. it wasnt the cable cuz i have 2 cables and the same thing happened w/ both, and it isnt my ps3 or bluray player cuz on the other hdmi port the picture and sound works fine.

this thing happens when you move things around often.

Message 3 of 3 (33 Views)
0 Likes