Jan 05 2013
By: YUNG_AYSE First Son 1 posts

HDMI Connection problem

2 replies 58 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

So I been using my Ps3 with the AV cables it came with since I got it, now I just got my HDMI cable and I'm trying to set it up but I'm having difficulties doing so. I thought it was a simple task by hooking the HDMI cable to my Ps3 and the other end to my HDtv, but it's a no go(BTW my AV cable is disconnected from my Ps3 at this point) so I hook my AV cables back on and switch my TV back to AV and it displays my Ps3 on my screen with the question saying HDMI has been detected do you want to switch settings to HDMI? So I click yes and it gives me a black screen for the longest time, I go back and forth on my TV settings switching the channels from AV to HDMI, HDMI to AV and nothing. I've read so many solutions and watched tutorial videos, tried those solutions and it's been a fail on all accounts. Somebody please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 3 (58 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40068 posts

Re: HDMI Connection problem

Jan 5, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Have the TV on your usual gaming channel, have the PS3 off, in red light/standby mode, now hold down the power/on/off button on the PS3 until you hear 2 beeps, a message should appear on your TV screen, hit the "X" button to accept the changes.

Good luck.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (51 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: HDMI Connection problem

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

I suggest you try to test to see if your TV's HDMI connection is working, with another device if you have one available...

Message 3 of 3 (47 Views)
0 Likes