Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/04/2005
Offline
15688 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 19, 2005
PS2 HDD = 3.5"
PS3 HDD = 2.5"

Unless you know how to chop an inch of a HDD, or you want to rig up some massive cord and have the HDD outside the PS3 - you're out of luck.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/10/2004
Offline
261 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 19, 2005
Yep. It seems like it would definitely won't happen.,

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/10/2004
Offline
443 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 19, 2005

,
,
,gigablade77 wrote:
PS2 HDD = 3.5"
PS3 HDD = 2.5"

Unless you know how to chop an inch of a HDD, or you want to rig up some massive cord and have the HDD outside the PS3 - you're out of luck.
,
,
,


that's kind of what I was thinking - an external hard drive.  A casing and a cord for the existing one.  They would be redeeming themselves somewhat by offering a kit at a very reasonable price (emphasis on very).

,

<ponders why it would have to be a massive cord>

,

 

,

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/28/2004
Offline
1628 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 19, 2005
What about my massive cord?
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/04/2005
Offline
15688 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 19, 2005

DEMONIE wrote:


gigablade77 wrote:
PS2 HDD = 3.5"
PS3 HDD = 2.5"

Unless you know how to chop an inch of a HDD, or you want to rig up some massive cord and have the HDD outside the PS3 - you're out of luck.


that's kind of what I was thinking - an external hard drive. A casing and a cord for the existing one. They would be redeeming themselves somewhat by offering a kit at a very reasonable price (emphasis on very).








It would need to be massive bcz of the way the PS3 stands :smileytongue: I'm sure they would want to let the people with the external HDD stand the PS3 on it's side, well the HDD slot would be on the top then.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/16/2003
Offline
4172 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 19, 2005
nice opinion :robotsad:
,
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/10/2004
Offline
443 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 20, 2005
So when you say 'massive' you mean a cord that is several inches longer.  That's hardly massive and they could make a nice stylish (although cheap) casing to match the PS3 design.
,
 
,
SONY....are you listening? LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/14/2005
Offline
921 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 20, 2005

,
,
,DEMONIE wrote:
,
So when you say 'massive' you mean a cord that is several inches longer.  That's hardly massive and they could make a nice stylish (although cheap) casing to match the PS3 design.
,
 
,
SONY....are you listening? LOL

,
,

Even if they were listening (which they are deffinitely not doing) they would never do that because its just plain ugly and stupid and wrong.,
GTA:SAN ANDREAS ROCKS...click 4 website

The stupidity on these boards have a tendancy to rub off on people.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/10/2004
Offline
443 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 20, 2005

,
,
,aapia11 wrote:

,
,
,DEMONIE wrote:
,
So when you say 'massive' you mean a cord that is several inches longer.  That's hardly massive and they could make a nice stylish (although cheap) casing to match the PS3 design.
,
 
,
SONY....are you listening? LOL

,
,

Even if they were listening (which they are deffinitely not doing) they would never do that because its just plain ugly and stupid and wrong. ,

,
,

I couldn't care or less what it looked like.  Which leaves us with stupid and wrong - I have a 40Gig HDD in my PS2 with practically nothing on it - how exactly would it be stupid or wrong to be able to take advantage of it with the PS3?,

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/28/2004
Offline
1628 posts
 

Re: HDD Price?

Jul 20, 2005

DEMONIE wrote:

,

I couldn't care or less what it looked like.  Which leaves us with stupid and wrong - I have a 40Gig HDD in my PS2 with practically nothing on it - how exactly would it be stupid or wrong to be able to take advantage of it with the PS3?

,
 
,
 
,
My hdd is full... both of them. 
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes