Reply
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012

Xuchilbara wrote:

Cable companies wont let HBO go that easily. Nevertheless, the light at the end of the tunnel showed when HBO managed to set free from cable companies in Northern Europa.


«Quote»

Aug 30 (Reuters) - Premium TV channel HBO will launch a Web-only service in Nordic countries that does not require the customer to be signed up with a pay TV service such as cable or satellite.
-------
HBO to go online without cable in Nordic countries | Reuters
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/30/hbo-nordic-idINL2E8JUH6320120830
«/Quote»

 

 

The world wants a stand alone HBO experience, one where no cable subscription is required. We want to pay HBO not the middleman.


That is encouraging news, because I think a lot of people that have gone cable-less would enjoy subscribing just to HBO GO and watch new content the day after it airs, just like Hulu Plus...

Message 11 of 64 (1,623 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/20/2012
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012

HBO on demand offers a fraction of what HBO GO has available. HBO GO may have their entire catalog  available. Rome, Sopranos, and  series Ive never heard of. I like to view these thing is HD w/ my surround sound and not on some Andropad, or worse ... a phone.

Message 12 of 64 (1,620 Views)
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012

skoobahjizzle13 wrote:

HBO on demand offers a fraction of what HBO GO has available. HBO GO may have their entire catalog  available. Rome, Sopranos, and  series Ive never heard of. I like to view these thing is HD w/ my surround sound and not on some Andropad, or worse ... a phone.


Since we don't know if HBO GO is going to come to the PS3, I suggest you just invest in a $50 Ruku so you can enjoy it in the meantime...

Message 13 of 64 (1,617 Views)
First Son
Registered: 09/20/2012
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012

So you've enjoyed HBO GO on your cell phone? That works for you? You are content w/ ghetto Play-on? You find that acceptable? You know we all enjoy rigging a lap top to a television in order to fully enjoy our premium subscriptions. 

 

TV $1000

PS3 $299.99 

7.1 SURROUND $700

 

MacGyver skills while wating for everything to be "just so" between two entertainment giants ... priceless

 

Yes, that was my first post .... really

Message 14 of 64 (1,616 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012
The way I see it HBO GO was originally designed as a means to watch HBO content away from your home TV, such as your cell phone and tablets. Other than that the only devices to support HBO GO is the X360 and Roku, hopefully that will change in the future, but for now you just have to be patient or buy a device that does what you want...
Message 15 of 64 (1,607 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012
To whom are you talking to? There are no Sony employees that monitor these forums.

 


 

Smiley Mad

 

 

Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 64 (1,601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/20/2012
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012
really? not a one?
Message 17 of 64 (1,589 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

Sep 20, 2012
The moderators work for Sony, but I don't think they submit feedback to Sony corporate.

The most effective thing you can do is to click the link below and vote for it.
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2011/08/31/hbo-go-app/
Message 18 of 64 (1,585 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
18928 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Cable companies wont let HBO go that easily. Nevertheless, the light at the end of the tunnel showed when HBO managed to set free from cable companies in Northern Europa.


«Quote»

Aug 30 (Reuters) - Premium TV channel HBO will launch a Web-only service in Nordic countries that does not require the customer to be signed up with a pay TV service such as cable or satellite.
-------
HBO to go online without cable in Nordic countries | Reuters
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/30/hbo-nordic-idINL2E8JUH6320120830
«/Quote»

 

 

The world wants a stand alone HBO experience, one where no cable subscription is required. We want to pay HBO not the middleman.


That is encouraging news, because I think a lot of people that have gone cable-less would enjoy subscribing just to HBO GO and watch new content the day after it airs, just like Hulu Plus...


 

Oh how I wish they could detach themselves from cable/satellite companies. Channel packages are a decadent model. People need to wise-up and give up on cable. Ladies, Mob Wives is not worth an overpriced useless cable package. Fellas, neither is Ice Road Truckers  Smiley LOL

 

In my opinion, Sports is what's keeping cable tv packages alive.

 

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 19 of 64 (1,559 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29171 posts
 

Re: HBO GO Please

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Xuchilbara wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Cable companies wont let HBO go that easily. Nevertheless, the light at the end of the tunnel showed when HBO managed to set free from cable companies in Northern Europa.


«Quote»

Aug 30 (Reuters) - Premium TV channel HBO will launch a Web-only service in Nordic countries that does not require the customer to be signed up with a pay TV service such as cable or satellite.
-------
HBO to go online without cable in Nordic countries | Reuters
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/30/hbo-nordic-idINL2E8JUH6320120830
«/Quote»

 

 

The world wants a stand alone HBO experience, one where no cable subscription is required. We want to pay HBO not the middleman.


That is encouraging news, because I think a lot of people that have gone cable-less would enjoy subscribing just to HBO GO and watch new content the day after it airs, just like Hulu Plus...


 

Oh how I wish they could detach themselves from cable/satellite companies. Channel package is decadent model. People need to wise-up and give up on cable. Ladies, Mob Wives is not worth an overpriced useless cable package. Fellas, neither is Ice Road Truckers  Smiley LOL

 

In my opinion, Sports is what's keeping cable tv packages alive.

 


Do you know what the word "decadent" means?

 

Sports and live events and convenience are why people keep cable subscriptions. I know that to many gamers the idea of cable television is "old hat", I don't think the masses are ready for the constant wave of "Buffereing, Please Wait" that will accompany the cancellation of cable packages. That, and I already get HBO along with Madison Square Garden, YES, ESPN, all my local channels, and the major networks. There's something to be said for the conveniece of being able to turn on my local CBS affiliate and seeing How I Met Your Mother at the same time every week, and not having to wonder when or if it will be offered again. So far there's nothing that can give what cable does.

 

We're not at the point where internet speeds can handle a console or PC being your entertainment center. Besides, you need a cable connection in order to get the internet. 

Message 20 of 64 (1,553 Views)
0 Likes