First Son
6 posts

Re: HBO GO App

Mar 6, 2014
Does anyone know if comcast will be getting hbogo ps3 app anytime soon? They support the xbox 360 version but not the new ps3 one
Message 11 of 23 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2664 posts

Mar 6, 2014
Message 12 of 23 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 6, 2014

Thanks for the info hopefully they decide to go with it soon

Message 13 of 23 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Mar 6, 2014
Looks like I may be dumping Comcast.
Message 14 of 23 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 6, 2014

Holy hell guys, I have a problem.

It appears that your AT&T U-verse subscription does not include HBO.

**bleep**? I just got in the app for second time and have to activate again the website but shown something. Now I can't go back watching Games of Thrones! Does anybody know this?

Message 15 of 23 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 26, 2014

Still waiting for HBO Go to happen on my PS4, what is Sony waiting for? Not having it has forced me to pick up a Live subscription. Last thing I wanted to do. Fix this please! 

Message 16 of 23 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28826 posts

Apr 26, 2014

For those with extraordinarily short memories, or if perhaps you're new to the Playstation family of consoles, HBO Go was not always available for the PS3. If my memory serves me correctly, the PS3 only got HBO Go within the last year. Up until that point it was a relentless barage of "C'MON SONY!!", which did absolutely no good because it was not something they had any real control over. 

One thing I don't understand is if you have HBO, why do you need HBO Go on a console? Just watch HBO from your cable provider? 

Message 17 of 23 (138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6681 posts

Apr 26, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

For those with extraordinarily short memories, or if perhaps you're new to the Playstation family of consoles, HBO Go was not always available for the PS3. If my memory serves me correctly, the PS3 only got HBO Go within the last year. Up until that point it was a relentless barage of "C'MON SONY!!", which did absolutely no good because it was not something they had any real control over. 

One thing I don't understand is if you have HBO, why do you need HBO Go on a console? Just watch HBO from your cable provider? 

Cable providers are not all equal...

It appears Cable providers dump HBO content as soon as possible saving money on license fees... and requiring you to watch reruns so don't provide catch up... HBOgo is provided with back catalogue content which is not on cable...

But as posted above HBO is also being Blocked by cable companies as they Do not want to Provide the bandwidth needed. for the service... Even if they provide the channel live...

Thats Why Amazon Prime were after the HBO content deal as it means they can Provide what HBO Go native app can't due to ISP cable blocks on the HBOgo app...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 18 of 23 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9334 posts

Apr 26, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Because the HBOGO app has WAY MORE "On Demand" content then HBO on your cable box. The HBOGO app has every EVERY EPISODE, of EVERY SEASON of almost every show that has ever been on HBO. With HBO on cable you can only see ONE SEASON of a show for a limited time. Only with the HBOGO app you can see every episode of "Game of Thrones" from the begining or every episode of "The Sopronos" or every episode of "True Blood"....etc.

Game of Thrones

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 19 of 23 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Apr 26, 2014
@GraphiteGB

When it comes to Comcast, I don't think it has to do with bandwidth since I can still watch HBO Go through my smartphone, laptop or Xbox. The more I read about the subject, the more it seems that Comcast and Microsoft have a partnership. I believe M$ is throwing money at Comcast to keep the service, console exclusive to their customers. As soon as HBO GO is available on the PS4, I might be dropping Comcast. As a customer who pays over $130 a month for service, my access should not be restricted.
Message 20 of 23 (126 Views)
0 Likes