photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 1 of 24 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Re: HAHAHA Game Informer rules!

Nov 13, 2013
Lol. When all sources give low scores, and one is a stark contrast.....I'm critical. But I guess it is all opinion. From the demo, I agree with the low scores
Message 2 of 24 (458 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

It's a demo. You can't agree with low scores based on a demo. That isn't the final product or even the full experience.

This is why I'm happy to be out of the review business. Filled to the brim with people who can't do the job they are paid for.

Message 3 of 24 (434 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

It's a demo. You can't agree with low scores based on a demo. That isn't the final product or even the full experience.

This is why I'm happy to be out of the review business. Filled to the brim with people who can't do the job they are paid for.

Exactly.. Play the full game before making your reviews.. I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion but geeze a 5.8? That's really pathetic. And gave cod ghosts an 8.0? Should be switched around lol..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 4 of 24 (415 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Look I understand you purchased Knack and you are really excited for the game, but is it really nessasary to start a thread Titled IGN Sucks because it gave Knack a bad score and then when that thread was merged into the current Knack score thread you start another thread giving kudos to game informer because it gave a good score?

Message 5 of 24 (414 Views)
Naughty Paw
20187 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Letherface wrote:

Look I understand you purchased Knack and you are really excited for the game, but is it really nessasary to start a thread Titled IGN Sucks because it gave Knack a bad score and then when that thread was merged into the current Knack score thread you start another thread giving kudos to game informer because it gave a good score?

Yes.

Spoiler
No it isn't. And he insists on creating multiple threads just to get his point across. He needs to stick to one thread, or just ignore the reviews and actually wait to play the game.

Message 6 of 24 (389 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Nov 13, 2013

You know in all honesty every game that has ever been judge or reviewed to me is not accurate until I myself review the game because of the reason there is no similar gamer out there everyone is different and no one is exactly alike so no one could tell me wether or not I like a video game plain and simple! Also IGN or whoever is going to give it a review they beleive fits the game which is never accurate as well but thats no reason to get mad at one reviewer and for the most part majority of reviewers dont even play games or pick up the game they are reviewing so just let the reviews go and if the game intrigues you purchase it and see if you like it not them!

Message 7 of 24 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Nov 13, 2013
I would be lying if I said I wasnt concerned with the reviews, but I am optimistic. Review scores are a little all over the place so far for both Knack and KZ.

I think this will come down to personal opinion. I have really enjoyed some games that most people scored low in the past.
Message 8 of 24 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

Letherface wrote:

IGN really does suck though.

Look at last months review of Beyond. I'm not mad at the fact they don't like it. I'm mad that they slandered the odd shaped story when if they had actually finished the game like any reputable reviewer does then they wouldn't have even wrote that and made themselves look stupid in the process.

Sure I like Beyond, It's no Heavy Rain that's for sure, but for all the complaints about it that I've seen all stink of bad reviewers who didn't finish it like they were supposed to. There is no excuse for not finishing it, theres no game over, theres no way to die.

It also sounds like most journalists haven't played Knack past the mark of an hour.. Even most good reviews for games it looks like they didn't play some of those fully either.

Reviews over the last 10 years have become horribly executed and poorly written pieces of work where people doing it don't have a passion for the industry, they are just after the day their bank balance looks prettier.

Only Jim Sterling and Ben Croshaw actually show passion and emphasize correctly a games shortcomings and often Ben is joking around for a laugh but if something is good he will point to that.

The rest of the reviewers I know of are pretty poor.

Message 9 of 24 (354 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Can you start a blog or something instead making a bunch of topics about your hurt feelings over a game you haven't played yet.

Message 10 of 24 (352 Views)
0 Likes