Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: H-HOUR: World's Elite Pre-alpha video

Jan 14, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

FantastiQ wrote:

I can't believe how great this looks in 5 months of actual production! In 1 year from now it will be amazing!!! Bring on the spiritual successor to Socom 2.

I already found it:

Socom 3

I think people genuinely think Socom stopped at 2. 3 and Combined Assault were great. The Only dud was 4.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 21 of 44 (200 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
35570 posts

Jan 14, 2014

thats a shame this isnt going to be on the ps3

how come anyway didnt this game idea start out before the ps4 came out?

Message 22 of 44 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25315 posts

Jan 14, 2014

NO_FEAR wrote:

is it sad to be excited? thats close to s1 and s2 than anything bearing the actual name that came after it.. dang it if they make it look like PS4 but play like s1 and s2 online and offline my life will once again be consumed by Socrack..

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 23 of 44 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jan 14, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

thats a shame this isnt going to be on the ps3

how come anyway didnt this game idea start out before the ps4 came out?

If I had to guess it's because they can code a game for PC & PS4 pretty much at the same time since the PS4 is PC arcitecture. The PS3's Cell processor would add much more development time to make the port and have it run on the PS3 system.

This is start up company correct, fuded by Kickstarter donations. They proably don't have the funding for a PS3 game.

Message 24 of 44 (176 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
35570 posts

Jan 14, 2014

so if it means it will be best on ps4 and not ps3 then so be it i just hope it lives up to this hype

Message 25 of 44 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Jan 14, 2014
Saw this a few days ago. Looks good, but hopefully they continue improving the graphics and audio. I also hope that melee is not one hit kill, but then again nothing in that video is event close to finish.
Message 26 of 44 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8031 posts

Jan 14, 2014

TheJLC wrote:
Saw this a few days ago. Looks good, but hopefully they continue improving the graphics and audio. I also hope that melee is not one hit kill, but then again nothing in that video is event close to finish.

It's basically a first pass on some features.  No polish at all so expect better lighting, audio, and improvments all around.  Melee is a hot topic and most don't want the one hit insta-kill in multiplayer.

Message 27 of 44 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6932 posts

Jan 17, 2014

socom69 wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

FantastiQ wrote:

I can't believe how great this looks in 5 months of actual production! In 1 year from now it will be amazing!!! Bring on the spiritual successor to Socom 2.

I already found it:

Socom 3

I think people genuinely think Socom stopped at 2. 3 and Combined Assault were great. The Only dud was 4.

I think it is a different mindset then just a blanket statement like that.

Socom 1 and 2 were more intimate, smaller maps, tighter objectives and that suited better for better rounds and less time (non-respawn) sitting in a lobby.

When you got to 3 and CA you could run a half a mile to get close to an objective, it would take you 2 minutes to get there then you would die in a gun fight then have to wait 6 minutes for the round to end. Who wants to wait in the lobby for 6 minutes to run for 2?

Socom's core was NOT respawn. It was meant to be tactical and somewhat realistic. Once you get to big maps and vehicles that throws those principles right out the window. I know some will disagree about the respawn aspect but the majority of Socom was non-respawn. That is where anything after 2 lost its Socom stature.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 28 of 44 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 17, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

socom69 wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

FantastiQ wrote:

I already found it:

Socom 3

I think it is a different mindset then just a blanket statement like that.

Socom 1 and 2 were more intimate, smaller maps, tighter objectives and that suited better for better rounds and less time (non-respawn) sitting in a lobby.

When you got to 3 and CA you could run a half a mile to get close to an objective, it would take you 2 minutes to get there then you would die in a gun fight then have to wait 6 minutes for the round to end. Who wants to wait in the lobby for 6 minutes to run for 2?

Socom's core was NOT respawn. It was meant to be tactical and somewhat realistic. Once you get to big maps and vehicles that throws those principles right out the window. I know some will disagree about the respawn aspect but the majority of Socom was non-respawn. That is where anything after 2 lost its Socom stature.

Socom Confrontation was very much a socom game. It might have had big maps, but it just made people play smarter and more precise if you didn't want to die in the first 30 seconds. If you suck, you suck. Map size won't fix your absence of skill or common sense. For example, if I'm on Frostfire (the oil rig), I know it's dumb to charge on the first couple seconds of the round because it's a grenade party. On the same level, I'm also aware people, at times, will camp out on a specific ledge to avoid death. So it only makes sense to save a grenade and hit a specific point on the wall to reach said camper.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 29 of 44 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6932 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Has nothing to do with someone sucking but if it helps you sleep better at night using that as an excuse so no one criticizes your precious more power to you.

With people trying to get rides in the vehicles and being run over was a major issue so now you are waiting 8 minutes.

The addition of the bigger maps, vehicles and LONG round times are what hurt 3 and later the most!

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 30 of 44 (125 Views)
0 Likes