Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Re: H-HOUR: World's Elite Pre-alpha video

Jan 9, 2014

If this ever happens it will be hilarious to listen to all the Socom "Vets" criticize it to no end and flop because they're unable to be pleased. 

That will be awesome!!!

Message 11 of 44 (219 Views)
Gaming Beast
2203 posts

Jan 9, 2014

I can't believe how great this looks in 5 months of actual production! In 1 year from now it will be amazing!!! Bring on the spiritual successor to Socom 2.

Message 12 of 44 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3064 posts

Jan 9, 2014

FantastiQ wrote:

I can't believe how great this looks in 5 months of actual production! In 1 year from now it will be amazing!!! Bring on the spiritual successor to Socom 2.

I already found it:

Socom 3

Message 13 of 44 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

Jan 9, 2014

So considering that the game is pre-alpha what are things you like or don't like from the video?

Message 14 of 44 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 9, 2014

My body is ready. Everything looks spot on mechanically, which is all I care about. The animations need to be cleaned up and the melee is kind of odd, but I can live with that. This game will be the hardcore 3rd person socom experience I miss so very much.

Oh and DAT LOBBY!

Message 15 of 44 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7131 posts

Jan 9, 2014

NO_FEAR wrote:

So considering that the game is pre-alpha what are things you like or don't like from the video?

FIrst off, yes it is pre-alpha and I am fully aware of this.

1. Player movement seemed slow and awkward. Could just be a look speed setting?
  2. Gun sounds did not sound right.
  3. It looks/seems a lot like Socom 2 in the lobby and HUD.
  4. I liked the mix in the lighting
  5. I didn't like the camera movement when he was crouching/walking by the bush...reminded me of Socom 4 with the camera issues. (around the 58 second mark)
  6. The notifications on the top of the screen need to be more clear or signifcant color difference, they blend in to the background and make it hard to read.
  7. The prone dive looked good.

BUT it does look like they are close to the Socom 2 look.

I would like to see if they have any grenade animations as well as the animation for getting up out of prone.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 16 of 44 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

Jan 14, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

NO_FEAR wrote:

FIrst off, yes it is pre-alpha and I am fully aware of this.

1. Player movement seemed slow and awkward. Could just be a look speed setting?
  2. Gun sounds did not sound right.
  3. It looks/seems a lot like Socom 2 in the lobby and HUD.
  4. I liked the mix in the lighting
  5. I didn't like the camera movement when he was crouching/walking by the bush...reminded me of Socom 4 with the camera issues. (around the 58 second mark)
  6. The notifications on the top of the screen need to be more clear or signifcant color difference, they blend in to the background and make it hard to read.
  7. The prone dive looked good.

BUT it does look like they are close to the Socom 2 look.

I would like to see if they have any grenade animations as well as the animation for getting up out of prone.

Nothing is tuned yet. it's just the core game mechanicks and showing what can be done.  Even the animations are basic and crude.  I consider it a check list of potential and possable features for the overall look and feel.  David has already comented the Alpha will be all about testing and tuning till it feels and plays right.  Nothing is set in stone yet but the foundation has been layed.

Message 17 of 44 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Jan 14, 2014
*sniff sniff* its so beautiful!
All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 18 of 44 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4754 posts

Jan 14, 2014
I have a friend headed to sof studios this week. I can't wait to hear what he has to say

Message 19 of 44 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 14, 2014

This video had me screaming like a woman. OMFG IT HAS THE LOOK OF CONFRONTATION!!!!!!!! Welp, I guess I need to have a clean plate by the time this comes out in 2015.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 20 of 44 (117 Views)
0 Likes