Reply
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

here ya go OP. This was rendered in real time witht he PS4's hardware. Just to give you an idea of what its capable of.

 

 

Heres a table that should answer any of your other questions, of "how and "why" the Ps4 games will look better.

You are already familiar with how good some of the PS3 games look. Compare the specs, and expect greatness.(I edited in the $399, because it was a little outdated *pre-E3*)

 

specsvspecs.png

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 11 of 23 (615 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 07/16/2012
Online
14026 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Jul 9, 2013

At least they're using x86-64 AMD processor in which it would make the PS4 titles easier for the developers to create. Remember, just buy the PS4 console for the games you're interested in buying. Graphics aren't that really important when purchasing a console of your choice, it's the perks that the console is offering.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 12 of 23 (608 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Jul 9, 2013

Don't expect a lot for the first year, only the exclusives should show an improvement.

 

Stuff that is being released on PS3 also probably wont be a massive improvement.



Message 13 of 23 (593 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2032 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Jul 9, 2013
I'm just excited to see what naughty dog does. Hopefully its uncharted 4, but whatever they make will be amazing.
Message 14 of 23 (586 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
2157 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Jul 9, 2013

I am expecting a lot with ps4 even the launch games im hoping i wont be disappointed.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 15 of 23 (584 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15343 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Jul 9, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
I'm just excited to see what naughty dog does. Hopefully its uncharted 4, but whatever they make will be amazing.

Nathan Drake needs to die already. The man has used all of his luck.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 16 of 23 (578 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Jul 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:
I'm just excited to see what naughty dog does. Hopefully its uncharted 4, but whatever they make will be amazing.

Nathan Drake needs to die already. The man has used all of his luck.


If he dies in Uncharted 4.

 

I'm cool with that

 

As long as they fix the story that they broke.



Message 17 of 23 (550 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Jul 9, 2013

Do not expect "ZOMG AMZING GPHICS MY EYES BLEED!!!!" right off the bat.....

 

PS3 games weren't as detailed on launch, as until games in the 3 and 4 year mark started coming out.

Same thing will happe with PS4.... while you WILL see a definite graphics improvement, its going to be by a small margin until the platform matures and developers figure out how to develop for the system.

 

 

Don't expect Crysis 3 at Ultra Max settings on the PS4's first year, because you'll be setting yourself up for MASSIVE disappointment.

If you give yourself low-expecations, then you'll never be disappointed

Furiously Chaosing
Message 18 of 23 (532 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/27/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Oct 27, 2013

Your sig is sick!

Message 19 of 23 (377 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/09/2011
Offline
1873 posts
 

Re: Graphics ps3 vs ps4

Oct 27, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

here ya go OP. This was rendered in real time witht he PS4's hardware. Just to give you an idea of what its capable of.

 

 

Heres a table that should answer any of your other questions, of "how and "why" the Ps4 games will look better.

You are already familiar with how good some of the PS3 games look. Compare the specs, and expect greatness.(I edited in the $399, because it was a little outdated *pre-E3*)

 

specsvspecs.png


The rendering demo of the dark sourced is actually the bare minimum of what the ps4 can do as stated by Quantic Dream

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 20 of 23 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes