Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Re: Grand Theft Auto V.... What's the Big Deal?

Mar 3, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

A better game for me in almost every way is Mercenaries on PS2.  Mercs 2 on Ps3 was pretty good as well.

Awesome destruction, great mechanics, combat is fluid and fun, entertaining missions, and destruction again!!

The ammo/supply/vehicle/Missile drops were just icing on top!

I miss Mercenaries. Either the disk I have is too scratched or laser burned or the PS2 I have is getting old. Either way, I can't play Merc. Smiley Sad

http://www.youtube.com/user/cptkrby
Photobucket
Message 41 of 50 (356 Views)
Fender Bender
3454 posts

Mar 3, 2014
I put 40 hours into GTA IV. GTA V kinda let me down on all front except being able to drive around and wreck **bleep**.
guitar guru 2012
Message 42 of 50 (352 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37751 posts

Mar 3, 2014

gta 5 had a story that was really interesting and kept giving more

gta 4 story was dull and kinda boring (although it was ok )

a problem i have is that san fierro and las venturras isnt in gta 5 and someone mentioned it here on the forums and it might be true the 2 islands might have been in the game if they didnt have to worry about gta online

very disappointing that san fierro and las venturras wasnt in gta 5

gta 5 didnt force bowling or anything like gta 4

i kinda liked the car mechanics better in gta 4 than 5

they seem more realistic in gta 4

Message 43 of 50 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Mar 4, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

gta 4 story was dull and kinda boring (although it was ok )

GTAIV's main story with Niko was a satire on the American Dream. If a person were to pay attention to the plot with the perspective of New York in the 1950's (along with knowing a little of NY's history) and it becomes a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cptkrby
Photobucket
Message 44 of 50 (344 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

I know I always find GTA games to be the worst at doing what they try to do.

Such as:

-Third person combat mechanics/shooting are so clunky and bad.  (Cant touch uncharted from 2007) (don't have any problems with shooting mechs, as for fist fight. well realistic)

-Bad driving controls/physics. (havent checked GTA5 for this yet) (Driving in GTA 5 is fixed. car controlls are more Racing type) (Physics are actually fun in this game)

-Boring missions and fetch quests.  (Usually last about 5 mins then just run people over till cops show up) (well actually theres a couple of non-killing peoples mission around)

-Bad camera angles for doing the above. (kinda fixed)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 45 of 50 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Mar 5, 2014

If you ignore the hype that constantly surrounds GTA you'll enjoy it better. For me, had Trever not been in the game I never would've cared to beat it. He made the game.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 46 of 50 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Mar 5, 2014

The portrayal of Franklin and Lamar racist?

okay

KZMProductionsGT
Message 47 of 50 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Mar 10, 2014

The technical mishaps I suffered weren't gamebreaking, but they were annoying. For example, in one of the repo missions I had to do, the motorcycle I had to steal back vanished from the world (but the target kept going, just floating in the air). Whatever caused the bug immediately vanished the instant I rammed the guy, and the bike reappeared.

Sometimes, my guns don't fire. Sometimes people don't die, specifically the **bleep** super cops.

I fell through the ground once, and another time I flew inside a building and was stuck. 

I sometimes drive through trees.

Franklin disappeared.

I'm just a casual gamer that lives a proactive PlayStation lifestyle

http://i.imgur.com/EfvdVS7.png
Message 48 of 50 (291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2014

If you dont want people blowing your cars up and be morons than go in an  invite only session and invite friends or stay alone. if you do that for a while you can get a high level and new cars and guns, and get them back. you wait for them to make a move and you shoot. Thats what  I got to say. 

Message 49 of 50 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Apr 1, 2014
GTA V's Single Player is really good. The story wasn't nothing impressive but it kept you engaged while allowing you the freedom to do what you wanted. Had likebale characters, Los. Santos is still quite impressive, my only gripe is how empty the world & game feels after you beat the story. I'm not happy with how under-used the mountains & ocean were so much potential wasted for some really cool missions for both online & offline.

GTA Online on the other hand is a complete disaster, all they had to do was combine GTA 4 & RDR Multiplayer & they would have had an amazing online game instead they went with forcing everyone to do these stupid repetitve shallow missions, the lobby systems ruins everything, the fact they don't have an actual lobby for specifcs modes with their own individual player pools is what really killed this game. Where are all the cool modes from GTA 4?? Lol
Message 50 of 50 (224 Views)
0 Likes