Highlighted
Fender Bender
3260 posts

Re: Grand Theft Auto V.... What's the Big Deal?

Feb 25, 2014

I will only play the Story and side missions with it, the MultiPlayer just didnt cut it for me, getting blow  up by a tank every single time isnt fun to me...also when everyone plays TDM without using the game option in Multiplayer it makes it hard to join start these in game missions if you want to call them that when nobody joins...unless your "Clan" "Gang" or whatever is on at the same time.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 31 of 50 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 3, 2014

It's overated. And about swear words and other things: It's a **bleep** GTA game. yea they're like that usually. sterotypes exsist for a reason.........

Message 32 of 50 (124 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29178 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2014

I'm seeing a lot of "it's overrrated", but nobody is really qualifying that statement. What are some elements about the game that you feel make it "overrated".

One of the things that people are missing is that' Grand Theft Auto is an exaggerated version of a city. Turn the dial way past 11, and that's what you get.

Message 33 of 50 (122 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 3, 2014
I personally thought the game was great. I'm not sure what technical glitches you found the game to be "riddled" with, because the game that I played was one of the most technically impressive games of last gen. GTA IV had its fair share of issues, and V improved upon just about every aspect. The cars are better, the graphics are better, the story is better, the city is larger, the online is better, and on and on. If you don't care for the satire, the crude language, or that form of entertainment, that's fine, but don't just start claiming falsehoods to justify your opinion. The game is excellently crafted. The sales speak for themselves, and trust me, if it wasn't released at a high quality, they wouldn't have been smashing records.
Message 34 of 50 (116 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5689 posts

Mar 3, 2014

formervillain wrote:
The game is excellently crafted. The sales speak for themselves, and trust me, if it wasn't released at a high quality, they wouldn't have been smashing records.

CoD MW2 onward and BF4 invalidates this statement.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cptkrby
Photobucket
Message 35 of 50 (99 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37721 posts

Mar 3, 2014

rockstar introduced an great mechanic with three main characters

thats awesome

the game is not overrated

if anything the online part is overrated

but singleplayer gta 5 is great it would be better if they didnt concentrate on multiplayer

Message 36 of 50 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Mar 3, 2014
I don't get it either. I've played several of the games including 5 briefly and didn't care for them.
Message 37 of 50 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Mar 3, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:
I don't get it either. I've played several of the games including 5 briefly and didn't care for them.

We will never know.  But everyone has an opinion so. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 38 of 50 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I know I always find GTA games to be the worst at doing what they try to do.

Such as:

-Third person combat mechanics/shooting are so clunky and bad.  (Cant touch uncharted from 2007)

-Bad driving controls/physics. (havent checked GTA5 for this yet)

-Boring missions and fetch quests.  (Usually last about 5 mins then just run people over till cops show up)

-Bad camera angles for doing the above.

I love open world but too many games done it right before and I been spoiled.

Imagine a Uncharted open world game.......Drool...........Drool.........Drool............

A better game for me in almost every way is Mercenaries on PS2.  Mercs 2 on Ps3 was pretty good as well.

Awesome destruction, great mechanics, combat is fluid and fun, entertaining missions, and destruction again!!

The ammo/supply/vehicle/Missile drops were just icing on top!

My buddy left GTA 5 at my house, I said I didnt want it but he left it anyways, lol.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 39 of 50 (83 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37721 posts

Mar 3, 2014

well just because someone doesnt like a certain game doesnt mean its overrated

it got great ratings and many many people love the game

if someone liked previous gta games they will probably like gta 5

millions of people enjoy it

Message 40 of 50 (83 Views)