Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: Grand Theft Auto V.... What's the Big Deal?

Feb 24, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

AnimeDreama wrote:

As I said before, I do not hate the game, I jst did not have fun with it. As for the language, no I do not often hear extreme cursing such as is presented in Grand Theft Auto V. It gets annoying when every other line of dialogue is a "**bleep** you, **bleep**", "n!gga" or something of the sort. 

Do you live near or have ever been to a big city?

pretty realism right?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 11 of 50 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2302 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

@OP sorry you didn't like the game, but i get where your coming from, the random killing thing is annoying but (sorry i know you said not to but it fits) it is what i expected going into the online mode. but the things i personally like about it is the lack of load times, there are some but very few.

i also liked the TV in your house, if you just wanna kick back for a bit you can actually watch other gamers in the world your in.

another thing i liked was the side games like golf, darts, tennis, and so on. i found the golf game to give large amounts of exp so i've been doing that a lot.

but like you said there are bad points too, i guess it mainly just depends on who your thrown in with, like with all games there are always children who think its "cool" to be complete A-holes online. but anyway i would highly recommend trying it again, it actually can get fun with the right people. maybe just play with those friends who got you to try it before, like they say there is safety in numbers and all.

Message 12 of 50 (264 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 24, 2014

But isn't GTA supposed to be racist, stereotypical, sexiesr & immature to an extreme extent? 

Message 13 of 50 (258 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I just want to say i loved the Main story, it is way better the previous stories. game play is sweet, i mean how many games are out there where you play as three diff people from diff walks of life and come together as one bad **bleep** team. Gta was always meant to be out there with lauguage and stereotypes. Its not even to and individel in game race, it touch all from the rich to the poor, from the hood to the boondocks. and thats why i love the game.

Online play is kind of poo do to the fact, of talk and talk about DLCs and heists. but only a few items like clothing and few weapons. If you are looking for fun in gta play with friends only because GTA brings the Dbags out of people for no reason. its

Message 14 of 50 (251 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Pro-x_jamie wrote:

But isn't GTA supposed to be racist, stereotypical, sexiesr & immature to an extreme extent? 

Controversy is what it is know for, apparently.

How I see it is that this game is just like a lot of other open-world sandbox games. But it has a lot more contentand freedom for the players. Plus, from what I've heard, the locations is amazing and it is a "real" world to be in.

Message 15 of 50 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Pro-x_jamie wrote:

The social commentary and satire gets lost on people who take GTA games at face value 

Message 16 of 50 (248 Views)
Wastelander
751 posts

Feb 24, 2014

It's a great game, it's loved by alot mainly because of its self ecosystem. 

The world is constantlyu going (which is awesome), a person can easily get lost in the gameplay.

The story telling is really where the brad/butter is. I enjoyed it, it's not GREAT (to me) but everyone has their opinions.

Had loads of fun with it though lol

PSN: Gr1mj0w
Message 17 of 50 (243 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28797 posts

Feb 24, 2014

al2009man wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

AnimeDreama wrote:

As I said before, I do not hate the game, I jst did not have fun with it. As for the language, no I do not often hear extreme cursing such as is presented in Grand Theft Auto V. It gets annoying when every other line of dialogue is a "**bleep** you, **bleep**", "n!gga" or something of the sort. 

Do you live near or have ever been to a big city?

pretty realism right?

The people who travel in these seedy underworld circles aren't the types that say "By golly gee willckers!".

Message 18 of 50 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Feb 24, 2014

No, I have never lived in a large city. I've lived in a small town most of my life. I have been to big cities several times, but never stuck around long enough to hear such foul content in excess. I mostly travel for specific reasons, and usually stay in higher class hotels for one or two days at the most, and never frequent seedy districts or buildings.

I'm just a casual gamer that lives a proactive PlayStation lifestyle

http://i.imgur.com/EfvdVS7.png
Message 19 of 50 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Feb 24, 2014

"Blah blah, racism, cursing, bad portrayal of women, blah blah blah".

I've read this type of stuff about GTA dozens of times. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 20 of 50 (224 Views)
0 Likes