Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/21/2005
Offline
1243 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

There is nothing to it, Ms stopping games on their system only huirts their system and helps their competition. MS has NEVER refused to let a game on their box, it's just their as legal gargon. Yes many games on PS3 has come with extra content on disc, Bioshock is just yet another one.

Not even MS is dumb enough to do this, it would only hurt them and their system and their rep with developers. You guys are reading way too much into legal print.

First of all the word is Jargon, and the word jargon only referees to the language used when writing a document or having a conversation. You dont write legal jargon you write using legal jargon. and what they have written using legal jargon is their Guidelines for Publishing Content on the Xbox360.

Yes Biochock had exclusive content, BUT it was released on PS3 a year after it was released on Xbox 360, AND that extra content was all DLC not on disc.

And yes Microsoft has denied publishing certification before. In most recent memory Microsoft is currently refusing to put "Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD" on the Xbox360.



Message 21 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
2362 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

Oddworld, is on PS3, not on xbox, because of a SPACE limit on Xbox live for downloadable titles................... Again, you are misinformed. MS never refused it at all. And again, that only hurts MS when the competition gets more games they don't have...

Message 22 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/17/2011
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

I think this conversation is getting plain out right lame sauce, I will break it up and say what is right and what is wrong, M$ sucks balls $ony dips the balls in M$'s mouth. M$ cannot hold back exclusive content from a system it is there fault they cannot achieve what $ony does and $ont cannot achieve what M$ does. If the devs want exclusive content on Ps3 M$ can't do shit simple as that.

Message 23 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
2362 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

LMAo wooly can you read? BIOSHOCK INFINITE is not even out yet, ITS coming 2012.... It's comnig with the first bioshock on disk FREE. We are not talking about the first bioshock.  Medal of Honour came with Frontline on DISC free. Thats just the tip of the icerberg. Extraction came with Dead Space ON DISC. Again, what part of ON DISC can you not understand? What part of Bioshock Infinite, not the otiginal Bioshock do you not understand?

Batman Arkham Asylum had extra content on disk xbox never had........  you could play as the joker.

Assassins Creed Revelations on Ps3 came with the first Assassins Creed on blu-ray for free exclusively on Ps3.

There are many other examples. Not to mention the dozens of games with MOVE support that xbox does not get ON DISK.

That alone proves you're wrong.

Message 24 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/25/2003
Offline
5662 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

I'd radther a new game for vita not really would want a port of gta 5 on the vita.  Maybe a new character in the world of gta v?  But I'd radther them do San Andreas stories for vita. 

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 25 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15333 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

abercrombieco2 wrote:

I'd radther a new game for vita not really would want a port of gta 5 on the vita.  Maybe a new character in the world of gta v?  But I'd radther them do San Andreas stories for vita. 

Image hosting by Photobucket

I don't know. I was thinking that, in the event it would be released for vita, that GTAV would be a port or at least the same game with some funtionality added to fit the Vita's touch screen and rear pad.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 26 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/21/2005
Offline
1243 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

LMAo you guys are so gullible, you think Dead Space 2 coming with dead space xtraction exclusivley for PS3 mattered? This is just legal gargon, MS isnt stupid enough to ban GTA, or ea games from Xbox just because PS3 has exclusive content, many games have hd exclusivve ps3 content, even move support, dlc and free games like extraction.

This is just MS being a bully to small independant devs on live. EA nor any big developer would laugh at ms and MS aren't stupid enough to ban GTA on xbox as ps3 sales would soar way more then Xbox.

Many PS3 games have exclusive content like Dead Space. MAss effect hss exclusive PS3 content DLC. Battlefield 3 had exclusive ps3 content. and on and on.

You guys read too much into what you read online

Yes Microsoft would indeed follow through with such a threat. If one developer stood up and tested them and they caved then every other deveoper would too. The question is would a developer willingly test that? Microsoft says to these developers "I have 65.8 million xbox360's out there. play by my rules or i will deny you access to those customers." What developer in their right mind is going to look at that and say "Im willing to give up 65.8 million potential customers." Even if it were an empty threat; who would know till the risk were taken, and who would willingly take that risk?

As for Exclusive content on PS3, Notice that the exclusive content is DLC, and for the most part anything extra included on-disc is stuff is already available on Xbox in one form or another.



Message 27 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/21/2005
Offline
1243 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 1, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

LMAo wooly can you read? BIOSHOCK INFINITE is not even out yet, ITS coming 2012.... It's comnig with the first bioshock on disk FREE. We are not talking about the first bioshock.  Medal of Honour came with Frontline on DISC free. Thats just the tip of the icerberg. Extraction came with Dead Space ON DISC. Again, what part of ON DISC can you not understand? What part of Bioshock Infinite, not the otiginal Bioshock do you not understand?

Batman Arkham Asylum had extra content on disk xbox never had........  you could play as the joker.

Assassins Creed Revelations on Ps3 came with the first Assassins Creed on blu-ray for free exclusively on Ps3.

There are many other examples. Not to mention the dozens of games with MOVE support that xbox does not get ON DISK.

That alone proves you're wrong.

LMAO @ mastorofpuppetz can you Write? I guess not because you never wrote the word INFINITE in your previous posts.

And aparently you cannot read either. The inclusion of some older game on the same disc HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH the publishing guidelines. The Guidelines pertain specificly to the features and functionality of the game itself.

The Exclusive Joker content for Arkham Assylum was not On-Disc it was DLC, I have it, I know.

Games that have Move Support on PS3 have Kinect Support on xbox360 which constitutes "Parity" in line with the guidelines.

mastorofpuppetz wrote:


Oddworld, is on PS3, not on xbox, because of a SPACE limit on Xbox live for downloadable titles................... Again, you are misinformed. MS never refused it at all. And again, that only hurts MS when the competition gets more games they don't have...

Just Add Water (the Devs behind the HD remake) Got the game under the 2gig limit by compressing the FMV's, audio, and textures more and resubmitted the game to Microsoft. And Microsoft STILL rejected the game.

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/strangers-wrath-xbla-ms-block.html



Message 28 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
2362 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 2, 2012

Yet you ignore all those other games that HAD the content on the disc.

Are you serious making up crap now? i proved you wrong every post in this thread and yet you keep posting, please explain how EXTRA content doesn't mean extra content? You say MS doesn't allow Exclusive content, yet I posed numerous times PS3 did in fact have it. How does extra free game not mean extra content ms doesn't have?

no where in MS's contact does it specify ON DISC.

Most move supported games do NOT get Kinect support as they are two different. Bioshock infinite has move yet NO kinect support. WRONG again, there are numerous move supported games that do NOt have kinect support. Where does it say kinect support = pariety, it never states it in the verbage. Making up more crap to try and argue, you are wrong.

goldeneye reloaded = Move support, none for xbox. Thats functionality, wrong again.

Resident evil 5 - move support none for kinect

Ninja gaiden this year = move supprt, none for kinect.

NBA 2K11 and 12 = Move support and NONE for kinect. Again, explain ho thta is not extra functionality for ps3?

Tiger Woods PGA tour 11 and 12, yep, supports move, doesn't kinect.

How does PS3 getting move support et no kinect for xbox not mean functionality of the game?

Numerous PS3 games have 3d support, yet the xbox does not. How is that not functionality of the game?

Sorry, all the facts show you are full of it, as there are dozens of examples where ps3 has gotten extra content.

PS: Arkham city was NOt dlc, it was included on disc.

LMAo, you are clueless, everthing you have posted has been wrong.

good point in saying all move supported games get support for Kinect ROFL. NOT. none of what you even are saying after you changed your argument is in the details od Microsoft's verbage. Making stuff up only makes you a fool. No where doe sit state extra free game does not equal extra content, it simply is, a monkey can see that.

Move and 3d support when MS doesn't = Extra content and functionality.

No where does it say DLC doesn't count either.

the article you posted shows MS didnt want to pblish it themselves as sales were not good enough,... Has NOTHINg to do with anything we are discussing, LMAo, at least read the articles before posting them.

On top of that oddworld never had an Extra content on Ps3 so that would have nothing to do with Ms refusing it lol.  They were both identical versions, so what are you even trying to say regarding oddworld it has nothing to do with ps3 having more content or functionality, as both versions were the same. LOL. Do you think before you type?

In summary, PS3 gets Exclusive DLC, Exclusive content on disc, Exclusive features in Move, 3d with games that come out on both systems.  Nothing you say changes that and nothing MS can do about it.

Message 29 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/21/2005
Offline
1243 posts
 

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Mar 2, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Yet you ignore all those other games that HAD the content on the disc.

Are you serious making up crap now? i proved you wrong every post in this thread and yet you keep posting, please explain how EXTRA content doesn't mean extra content? You say MS doesn't allow Exclusive content, yet I posed numerous times PS3 did in fact have it. How does extra free game not mean extra content ms doesn't have?

You haven't proven me wrong at anything. Your arguing points not in dispute. I have never said that Microsoft blocks Exclusive content, My ONLY argument and stance has ever been that Microsoft tries to dictate to a publisher that they either release first on Xbox or simultaneously on all platforms, and that the content and functionality of the Xbox version has to have parity with the on-disc content and functionality of any other platform otherwise they can and will refuse to certify the game for release on their console.

According to SCE America’s senior vice-president of publisher relations Rob Dyer:


“It’s now progressed to not just be these smaller indie pubs that are obviously very easy to kick around. It’s moved up the food chain. It’s gone to B and A level publishers to where Microsoft now demands ‘Should content not be shipped simultaneously with competing platforms in all regions where the content is available, or should the content and features available on the Xbox 360 not be in parity with versions on competing platforms, then Microsoft reserves the right to not allow that content to be published for Xbox 360 or released on Xbox Live marketplace.’

And as a result of this Exclusive content on the PS3 is in the form of DLC and that anything extra on the disc is usually something already available on the Xbox in some other form or does not add to the content or functionality of the game itself.

I am convinced you only half read my posts here because I HAVE CLEARLY STATED this several times.

no where in MS's contact does it specify ON DISC.

Have you read the contracts? Do you know? I'd imagine only Microsoft and developers have, but the dev's speaking to these news outlets and SCE America’s senior vice-president of publisher relations seem to be indicating it. Its how the articles read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts wrote:

Downloadable games must ship on Xbox Live Arcade at least simultaneously with competing platforms or Microsoft may refuse to publish them, Eurogamer can reveal.

Microsoft also demands publishers release games with at least the same content "on-disc" across platforms.

Most move supported games do NOT get Kinect support as they are two different. Bioshock infinite has move yet NO kinect support. WRONG again, there are numerous move supported games that do NOt have kinect support. Where does it say kinect support = pariety, it never states it in the verbage. Making up more crap to try and argue, you are wrong.

I never said that Microsoft says that Kinect functionality would equate to parity with Move, I never meant to imply it was in verbiage, I didnt bring Kinect/Move up to begin with. YOU brought up Move, I Stated an OPINION in response. Furthermore; NONE of my previous arguments had anything to do with Move or Kinect, All along I've been talking about Content. YOU wriggled in the whole Move nonsense. For all we know Microsoft couldn't give 2 spits about Move, Its just a Control Method, it adds nothing to the CONTENT of THE GAME (you just lost it).

goldeneye reloaded = Move support, none for xbox. Thats functionality, wrong again.

Resident evil 5 - move support none for kinect

Ninja gaiden this year = move supprt, none for kinect.

NBA 2K11 and 12 = Move support and NONE for kinect. Again, explain ho thta is not extra functionality for ps3?

Tiger Woods PGA tour 11 and 12, yep, supports move, doesn't kinect.

How does PS3 getting move support et no kinect for xbox not mean functionality of the game?

Who Knows what Microsoft's opinion of Move is ask them not me. The way I see it Move doesn't necessarily Add functionality to a game. It is just a control method. It only changes HOW you interact with the game, Not the content of the game you interact with.

Numerous PS3 games have 3d support, yet the xbox does not. How is that not functionality of the game?


comparing the games on PS3 that have 3D vs. the list of games Xbox has with 3D, There are only 5 games on PS3 with 3D that the 360 does not have 3D, 3 of which are just Downloadable Ports of iOS or Wii games.

Downloadable:

Auditorium HD, and Dungeon Defenders - Ported from an iOS game

Swords & Soldiers - Ported Wii game

Disc Based:

Mortal Kombat, and Virtua Tennis 4

That said, 3D is irelevent. How is 3D Functionality? Really how is 3D Functionality? Aside from added Depth Perception what does 3D do currently to change the content of the game? 3D alters how you See the games, but it doesn't necessarily change how the game functions or the content in the game. (not yet anyway)

Sorry, all the facts show you are full of it, as there are dozens of examples where ps3 has gotten extra content.


Are we participating in the same conversation/argument here? Really? Cause I swear you seem to be arguing points that aren't even in dispute.


PS: Arkham city was NOt dlc, it was included on disc.

Arkham Asylum Play as The Joker Challenger Map (Add-On Content)

jokerdlc.jpg

LMAo, you are clueless, everthing you have posted has been wrong.

If this was Bizarro World maybe... Is it?... Nope this is earth. Fact of the matter here is you aren't paying attention or bothering to read what I'm saying and as a result you believe I'm saying things I'm not.

good point in saying all move supported games get support for Kinect ROFL. NOT. none of what you even are saying after you changed your argument is in the details od Microsoft's verbage. Making stuff up only makes you a fool. No where doe sit state extra free game does not equal extra content, it simply is, a monkey can see that.

I didn't say ALL move supported games get Kinect. There was no quantifier in my statement if I meant all I would have said all. I only said that move games get kinect functionality and that would constitute parity. Either way its irrelevant.  I've never changed my argument or stance. You just keep bringing up irelevent points to support a position that I'm not even arguing against.

Move and 3d support when MS doesn't = Extra content and functionality.

As to Microsoft's view of Move input and 3D Who knows, I However personally Disagree. Different Control method and adding depth perception (especially when 3D is still just starting out and a relatively small number of consumers having the equipment to take advantage of it) does not add Functionality or content in and of itself.

No where does it say DLC doesn't count either.

I Re-Quote:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts wrote:

Downloadable games must ship on Xbox Live Arcade at least simultaneously with competing platforms or Microsoft may refuse to publish them, Eurogamer can reveal.

Microsoft also demands publishers release games with at least the same content "on-disc" across platforms.


Last time I checked DLC Meant Downloadable Content IE not On-Disc

the article you posted shows MS didnt want to pblish it themselves as sales were not good enough,... Has NOTHINg to do with anything we are discussing, LMAo, at least read the articles before posting them.

I did read the article, in full, and how Just Add Water are looking for a third party publisher in hopes of making YET Another attempt at Certification, But that's all irrelevant to the point I was making, (continued below).

On top of that oddworld never had an Extra content on Ps3 so that would have nothing to do with Ms refusing it lol.  They were both identical versions, so what are you even trying to say regarding oddworld it has nothing to do with ps3 having more content or functionality, as both versions were the same. LOL.

I never said anything about Why it was refused. The point of posting it was simply to show that it WAS Refused since YOU Claimed Microsoft "has NEVER refused to let a game on their box" and I quote:

masterofpuppetz wrote:

There is nothing to it, Ms stopping games on their system only huirts their system and helps their competition. MS has NEVER refused to let a game on their box, it's just their as legal gargon. Yes many games on PS3 has come with extra content on disc, Bioshock is just yet another one.


CLEARLY Microsoft HAS denied the game from Xbox360(for Now). It does happen.

Do you think before you type?

Do you read posts entirely before you respond to them? Because half your replies make it seem like you arent even reading the same thread.

In summary, PS3 gets Exclusive DLC, Exclusive content on disc, Exclusive features in Move, 3d with games that come out on both systems.  Nothing you say changes that and nothing MS can do about it.

In Summary, Since you obviously don't actually read nor care about a single word written here as evident by everything you've said and culminating in a summary comprised entirely of points not in dispute. I'll reward anyone who has followed along thus far by ending this with Dubstep Cat. Enjoy!






Message 30 of 31 (12 Views)
Reply
0 Likes