Feb 29, 2012

I really would love to see this on vita.. It would be great

Message 11 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Feb 29, 2012

Heres an article that vaguely hits on the topic,.It words teh restriction a little differently but the spirit of the wording is along the same lines of what Burnin is saying http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts

Titles for Xbox 360 must ship at least simultaneously with other video game platform, and must have at least feature and content parity on-disc with the other video game platform versions in all regions where the title is available,

So Basically this says, A game cannot launch first on any other console (Either its first on Xbox or a simultaneous launch), and other console versions of the game cannot have content On-Disc that is not available on the Xbox versions disc or on the xbox first.

Message 12 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Feb 29, 2012

terrydy wrote:

True I suppose all GTAs does sell very well and get great reviews.. Definitely will sell PS Vita units if GTA V have a PS Vita function or heck even a port for the Vita.

MORE VITA SALES = MORE DEVELOPERS SUPPORT = MORE GAMES

On the downside

MORE VITA SALES = MORE HACKERS INTERESTED TO HACK THE VITA = PIRACY = LOSS OF GAME DEVELOPERS SUPPORT = NO GAMES IN THE FUTURE   (I did not like when the PSP was hacked for the purpose of piracy... Homebrews are okay, but when piracy is concerned, it bugs me.....)

-----------------------------------------------------
SONY MUSIC JP!

v{^_^}v

The Xbox still deals with that problem if I remember correctly; it's doing fine. The PSV will be the only portable console that can play GTA V if there would be support. Definitely a selling point.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 13 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Feb 29, 2012

To me it looks like there is a couple of options. 1. They can make a similar content for a widows phone, if the phone couldn't handle the content oh well. 2. They make the extra features downloadable, DLC for the PS3 and a completely seperate app for the Vita. Loop holes are great

Message 14 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 1, 2012

LMAo you guys are so gullible, you think Dead Space 2 coming with dead space xtraction exclusivley for PS3 mattered? This is just legal gargon, MS isnt stupid enough to ban GTA, or ea games from Xbox just because PS3 has exclusive content, many games have hd exclusivve ps3 content, even move support, dlc and free games like extraction.

This is just MS being a bully to small independant devs on live. EA nor any big developer would laugh at ms and MS aren't stupid enough to ban GTA on xbox as ps3 sales would soar way more then Xbox.

Many PS3 games have exclusive content like Dead Space. MAss effect hss exclusive PS3 content DLC. Battlefield 3 had exclusive ps3 content. and on and on.

You guys read too much into what you read online

Message 15 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Mar 1, 2012

I agree with everything you said do not let microsoft get in to your mind like that they are very good at bringing in people because they make it seem like no other console is good.

Message 16 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 1, 2012

At wooly, do some research, Extraction came ON DISC, Medal of Honour came with Extra content, Frontline ON DISC, sorry your are clueless.. This verbage just Says CAN reserver the right, you think MS would not allow GTA on Xbox because PS3 had extra content on disc? That would damage Xbox sales mroe then anything.

That only applies to LIve or dowenload titles. And even then PS3 has many exclusives and extra content. You are way over reactign and spreading BS with this.

Message 17 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 1, 2012

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140686

Ps3 version of Bioshock Infinite comes with the first Bioshock FREE on disc and move support, you're flat wrong.  Xbox gets none of this. So anyone saying they could not do extra things for GTA for PS3 is clueless. MS cannot stop any of this, it's illegal for one.

This only applies to small independant titles on Xbox live, it's dirty and unethical just like MS, but has ZERO bearing on ANY big name games. Not releasing AAA games would only hurt ms, use your head.

I guess Irrational games aren't scared of MS, and you think Grand Theft auto being an industry Goliath would be? LMAO.

Message 18 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Mar 1, 2012

You are correct in a few aspects. But is bioshock on the SAME disc as infinite? It is a possibility, but at this point it just says that an on disc copy will be included. Now the move controller thing is a definite piece that goes against the policy that was stated before.

You are definitely correct that ms would be completely out of their mind if they banned GTA. That will never occur. But could they incur penalties or fines? That is between ms and the devs. Remember these devs pay ms and Sony to put their games on the consoles. Another thing they can do is limit marketing help to the games. Now of course GTA will make a lot of money, but a $1 mil advertising support from ms will undoubtedly help the bottom line profit margin.

And you do make valid points, but behind closed doors is where we do not hear the conversations. I am completely speculating and I may be wrong in every aspect. We are all just guessing at what is going on.

I love my PS3 and Vita and truly hope the integration for all these huge games goes into full effect. That is the major reason I bought my Vita, to see the amazing tech fully utilized.

Message 19 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 1, 2012

There is nothing to it, Ms stopping games on their system only huirts their system and helps their competition. MS has NEVER refused to let a game on their box, it's just their as legal gargon. Yes many games on PS3 has come with extra content on disc, Bioshock is just yet another one.

Not even MS is dumb enough to do this, it would only hurt them and their system and their rep with developers. You guys are reading way too much into legal print.

Message 20 of 31 (6 Views)
0 Likes