Highlighted
Feb 29 2012
By: Nick212004 Uncharted Territory 1742 posts

Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

30 replies 53 views Edited Feb 29, 2012

http://www.thegameraccess.com/images/grand-theft-auto-v-vita.jpgDo you want to see PS3/Vita integration with Grand Theft Auto?! Support the movement by watching, commenting, and spreading around!

"Grand Theft Auto V, set to release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, is unarguably one of the most anticipated releases of 2012. With PS3 and Vita integration playing an active role in the success of Sony’s latest mobile gaming device, the idea of taking advantage of the technology that exists through the PlayStation platform is breathtaking."

-TheGamerAccess.com

Check out the video and comment here http://www.thegameraccess.com/videos/vita/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3vita-integration-is-playstations-gol...

Message 1 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: Grand Theft Auto V PS3/Vita Integration Is PlayStation's Golden Opportunity

Feb 29, 2012

Do not really care for GTA, but if you say it is a golden opportunity I will bump this thread.

Message 2 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Only problem will be that Microsoft has in it's contracts with game developers that titles that are relased on multiple platforms can't have any "functionality that gives the competing console a direct advantage over the Xbox 360."  So legally, I don't know if Rockstar would be able to provide Vita functionality.  What they could do is develop a version of GTAV for the Vita which could work via CrossPlay with the PS3 version, like how Marvel vs. Capcom works, as a way around the contractual obligation to make the 360 version the same or better. 

Message 3 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I really think the golden opportunity will be in all of the interconnectivity they can bring to the table. A GTA5 game with some crossplay options would be killer.

the real question is: Are developers going to integrate Vita functions on games without any extra profit? On the hopes they might sell more copies, it seems it may not be worth investing in.

I can't wait to see what Sony can do with their first parties to amp up the functionality of the vita. I'm all for it!

Message 4 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Feb 29, 2012

BurnInTheLight wrote:

Only problem will be that Microsoft has in it's contracts with game developers that titles that are relased on multiple platforms can't have any "functionality that gives the competing console a direct advantage over the Xbox 360."  So legally, I don't know if Rockstar would be able to provide Vita functionality.  What they could do is develop a version of GTAV for the Vita which could work via CrossPlay with the PS3 version, like how Marvel vs. Capcom works, as a way around the contractual obligation to make the 360 version the same or better. 

I think that all game developers should get together and collectively Nutt up and tell Microsoft to shove it on restrictions like this.

If one console has a feature that the other doesnt then the developer shouldnt be prevented from making use of it just because microsoft doesnt have the feature.

This is one of the reasons i dont like Microsoft.

Message 5 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 29, 2012

BURNIN is full of it, not only is that illegal MS does not and CANNOT stop this. MS at time tries to froce Xbox live games to not have any additional content on another platform or be threatened to be takne off live.

A game as big as GTA that is impossible, or big name publishers like EA already have exclusive times PS3 content/.

Buirnin doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

Message 6 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I don't care for GTA neither..... Not that great of a game... (too much swearing for me anyways)

Will bump this...

Waiting for the GOLDEN GAME FOR THE VITA: Gravity Rush (Out on June 12, 2012)....... Smiley Frustrated

-----------------------------------------------------
SONY MUSIC JP!

v{^_^}v
Message 7 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 29, 2012

If your a fan or not is irrelevant, it is a massive seller and would move units.

Message 8 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Feb 29, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

BURNIN is full of it, not only is that illegal MS does not and CANNOT stop this. MS at time tries to froce Xbox live games to not have any additional content on another platform or be threatened to be takne off live.

A game as big as GTA that is impossible, or big name publishers like EA already have exclusive times PS3 content/.

Buirnin doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

I had actually already read what Burnin was talking about before. Ill look and see if i can find the article and get you a link, but im fairly positive that what Burnin is talking about is correct, if not 100% accurate. It may be specific to XBox Live downloadable games though, i cant remember. But ill look for the link and get back to you on it.

Message 9 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 29, 2012

True I suppose all GTAs does sell very well and get great reviews.. Definitely will sell PS Vita units if GTA V have a PS Vita function or heck even a port for the Vita.

MORE VITA SALES = MORE DEVELOPERS SUPPORT = MORE GAMES

On the downside

MORE VITA SALES = MORE HACKERS INTERESTED TO HACK THE VITA = PIRACY = LOSS OF GAME DEVELOPERS SUPPORT = NO GAMES IN THE FUTURE   (I did not like when the PSP was hacked for the purpose of piracy... Homebrews are okay, but when piracy is concerned, it bugs me.....)

-----------------------------------------------------
SONY MUSIC JP!

v{^_^}v
Message 10 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes