Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Gran Theft Auto V Online

Oct 2, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I hate to say it.

But at least Dice and EA know how to get people online unlike Rockstar.

Heh.. I just gave them some credit.

says the guy/gal who didn't like Battlefield 4 at EA Press Conference Gamescom 2013...

I hate it.

But I'm quite aware it's working. I have people on my list playing it.

Message 41 of 72 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

yosnel79 wrote:

I understand they had 2 weeks to sort this out .. instead of sitting in their couches enjoying the 1Billion we gave them.. for their product .. but hear this .. GAT V is the Last product i will ever buy from R*  ( They're fixing it ( My A Double SS ) Its been 24 Hours .. and don't give me any BS about a game No working Online on launch day ...that dosn't really APPLY to this.. i've seen games Launch Millions off PPL in 1 shot R* are Just a Bunch of Lazy Unskilled Devs who Just want Money ( No Updates what so ever even after 22 hours of looking at the same Support crap...) Im really tired at this Point im looking foward for a refund.... cus this is Just NOT Right Xbox gets the good we get stuck and left behind .. That's fine when PS4 comes out Xbone will have to suck MY PIPE !! Above all if they get the Online back before tonight i won't return my game but if they Don't....... tomorrow at 7 AM i'll be The 1st unhappy costumer at gamestop doors..

and It Seems PS3 is the Only **bleep** Crap .. that has the Server issues..( No Excuses )

Xbox is working Like a sharmmm ( Seen In live At this Moment of Comment )

Edit:Live footage Xbox GTA Online << Link

If you chack your software return policies. You can not just return it. They can give you a new version of the same game. Due to piracy. They will nit just give you an open refund. Seeing Online is an add on not part of the main game. They probably will say there is no reason for a refund. If we paid monthly for to this may be different. Calm down everyone please. They will get the game working. There is no way to test your servers for millions of hits at ounce. There's no way they could be ready out of the box for issues. Time will allow them to fix it. Im sure they got people working day and night. Far as MS goes. They just buy everything they want. They see it . Cash registers go off and then they spend tons of it. Apples doing the same. With companies like this. Do others stand a chance on things like this? I would say no and there should be laws in place to stop companies like MS and Apple from doing this. They got it great  right now I got to say!!!! Doesnt work right for either system yet!. Im on  now just waiting for other players. Its getting fixed. I couldnt log  on at all before.

gta360broke.png

Message 42 of 72 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 2, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I hate to say it.

its a mmo not just a online game a huge difference. no mmo  has went smoothly  day 1 or 2.

Dont do the race if  you get on,  just  go with your crew/friends to a activity from invite to race.  If  that does not  work  just  rob stores till you get to level 4 then the game offer jobs. You have to dont the 1st mission race. Btw a cheap apt is 27K$

Some people cant get on and some are on.  But its a  psn matiencae today, just a tough break

Its not an MMO..... only 16 or so players per lobby.... MMO suggests that you don't connect to an instanced lobby. You just log-in to any available server (wherever you registered your character) and then meet and greet with others.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 43 of 72 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 2, 2013

yosnel79 wrote:

I understand they had 2 weeks to sort this out .. instead of sitting in their couches enjoying the 1Billion we gave them.. for their product .. but hear this .. GAT V is the Last product i will ever buy from R*  ( They're fixing it ( My A Double SS ) Its been 24 Hours .. and don't give me any BS about a game No working Online on launch day ...that dosn't really APPLY to this.. 
Why wouldnt it apply? You obviously have no idea how many other online games have been ridden with connection issues during the time the game has launched. No developer/publisher can predict how big a load they will get because they are not looking at the first ffew days.... they are looking towards the next few years. There is a difference. Anytime there is an influx of players at one time, its better to hold off for a few days while the tidal wave of registrations subsides into a steady flow.

've seen games Launch Millions off PPL in 1 shot R* are Just a Bunch of Lazy Unskilled Devs who Just want Money ( No Updates what so ever even after 22 hours of looking at the same Support crap...) Im really tired at this Point im looking foward for a refund.... cus this is Just NOT Right Xbox gets the good we get stuck and left behind .. That's fine when PS4 comes out Xbone will have to suck MY PIPE !! Above all if they get the Online back before tonight i won't return my game but if they Don't....... tomorrow at 7 AM i'll be The 1st unhappy costumer at gamestop doors..

and It Seems PS3 is the Only **bleep** Crap .. that has the Server issues..( No Excuses )

You can say "this is the last game from (insert developer/publisher here)" all you want.... but fact is..... you'll be back buying their products. No one ever sticks to their own declarations anymore.

Unskilled programmers? Can you do better? I'd love to see you try..... If you know you can't, then you have no room to question their abilities. 

Here's a bit of advice from a more patient person: Play something else for a few days, then come back and try again.

BTW, there are many players on Xbox Live having the same issues..... its not all peaches and cream on the other side of the fence.
If you've spent 22 hours looking at a "Support Screen", then saying "looking for a refund", you are an entitled and impatient brat.

But thats how you feel and I can respect that. So I'll be having loads of fun on GTA Online, while you cry "I deserve better" 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 44 of 72 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Oct 2, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I hate to say it.

says the guy/gal who didn't like Battlefield 4 at EA Press Conference Gamescom 2013...

Lol, do you follow them around and take note of everything they say? Just because they dislike a game doesn't mean they can't understand the effort the developer and publisher go through. Smiley Mad

Message 45 of 72 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 2, 2013

yosnel79 wrote:

I understand they had 2 weeks to sort this out .. instead of sitting in their couches enjoying the 1Billion we gave them.. for their product .. but hear this .. GAT V is the Last product i will ever buy from R*  ( They're fixing it ( My A Double SS ) Its been 24 Hours .. and don't give me any BS about a game No working Online on launch day ...that dosn't really APPLY to this.. i've seen games Launch Millions off PPL in 1 shot R* are Just a Bunch of Lazy Unskilled Devs who Just want Money ( No Updates what so ever even after 22 hours of looking at the same Support crap...) Im really tired at this Point im looking foward for a refund.... cus this is Just NOT Right Xbox gets the good we get stuck and left behind .. That's fine when PS4 comes out Xbone will have to suck MY PIPE !! Above all if they get the Online back before tonight i won't return my game but if they Don't....... tomorrow at 7 AM i'll be The 1st unhappy costumer at gamestop doors..

Think they are going to have a fix in the 1st 24 hours? You've got to be kidding me, just be patient and let them figure out what they have to do to ensure that the online will work perfectly. 

Message 46 of 72 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Yesterday it said on my TV failed to connect to online session today i was still waiting to join Grand Theft Auto V online after 2 minutes i quit the game as it was taking to long
Message 47 of 72 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Oct 2, 2013

I'm still having trouble trying to play online. I really dislike the fact that after 10 minutes of customizing my character, the online doesn't work and I have to redo everything all over again. I'm just going to have to wait for now. I still need to finish the story mode so at least I still have something to do in GTA V.

Message 48 of 72 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

I'm still having trouble trying to play online. I really dislike the fact that after 10 minutes of customizing my character, the online doesn't work and I have to redo everything all over again. I'm just going to have to wait for now. I still need to finish the story mode so at least I still have something to do in GTA V.

yeah I created the same character twice before giving up.  I am just going to wait until it works. Smiley Sad

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 49 of 72 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Oct 2, 2013

I think I'll pick random when I customize my character. Hopefully I'll be able to go back and make some changes after the online is fully functional.

Message 50 of 72 (222 Views)
0 Likes