13232 posts

Re: Gran Theft Auto V Online

Oct 1, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Teus wrote:

al2009man wrote:

mega_buu wrote:

kythunder wrote:

I can not believe people are actually complaining,they already said there will be issues,the servers are going to be slammed and bugs have to get worked out,it is how it goes,give it a little time and everything will be smooth....

Did you actually think the game would run perfect online the first available day?

if you answered yes to the previous question then i have a cone hat with your name on it.

Put simply, Rockstar dropped the ball on this one.

They DID warn us for any issues to happends.

right now Rockstars are still FIXING THOSES ISSUES

regardelss they were not ready, something tells me they should of betad it for a while with a select group of people to work out the kinks before they opened it up to everyone.. for something this massive  they should of prepared better...

Doesn't matter if "they were not ready"..... they were not ready to make $1billion in 3 days, and following their news page they even said

"As mentioned last week, you should expect that there will be some technical teething issues in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online – you can stay apprised at the Rockstar Support site here
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates..."

Taken as a public response to their news post about the announcement of GTA Online:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more...

Their "last week news" can be found here:
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

We had one week fair warning. Try not be an outraged gamer.... its becoming a cop-out.

Not being able to play at all isn't "technical teething". I expected to get disconnected a couple of times but not being able to play is something completely different. At least dice got their beta to work....

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 31 of 72 (291 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2013

I read a youtube comment stating a rockstar representative explained they cant fix the problem for everyone so some of you are just gonna have to settle with single player. Sorry.

Message 32 of 72 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12390 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2013

Cyber_Descendant wrote:

I read a youtube comment stating a rockstar representative explained they cant fix the problem for everyone so some of you are just gonna have to settle with single player. Sorry.

i smell a class action suit coming.... if this is true

>

Message 33 of 72 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 1, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Teus wrote:

al2009man wrote:

mega_buu wrote:

kythunder wrote:

I can not believe people are actually complaining,they already said there will be issues,the servers are going to be slammed and bugs have to get worked out,it is how it goes,give it a little time and everything will be smooth....

Did you actually think the game would run perfect online the first available day?

if you answered yes to the previous question then i have a cone hat with your name on it.

Put simply, Rockstar dropped the ball on this one.

They DID warn us for any issues to happends.

right now Rockstars are still FIXING THOSES ISSUES

regardelss they were not ready, something tells me they should of betad it for a while with a select group of people to work out the kinks before they opened it up to everyone.. for something this massive  they should of prepared better...

Doesn't matter if "they were not ready"..... they were not ready to make $1billion in 3 days, and following their news page they even said

"As mentioned last week, you should expect that there will be some technical teething issues in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online – you can stay apprised at the Rockstar Support site here
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates..."

Taken as a public response to their news post about the announcement of GTA Online:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more...

Their "last week news" can be found here:
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

We had one week fair warning. Try not be an outraged gamer.... its becoming a cop-out.

Not being able to play at all isn't "technical teething". I expected to get disconnected a couple of times but not being able to play is something completely different. At least dice got their beta to work....

Its not out of the realm of possibility that some servers were taken offline due to the issues, preventing many people from logging in or many disconnections.

Like any game like this, its best to not bother with online until the tidal wave of people subsides. Give it a few days.

While I was a bit premature in saying that i don't have any issues, I've had a few disconnects after playing for a few more hours

Furiously Chaosing
Message 34 of 72 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Teus wrote:

Cyber_Descendant wrote:

i smell a class action suit coming.... if this is true

that doesn't make much sense.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 35 of 72 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Cyber_Descendant wrote:

and you trust some some random comment on youtube?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 36 of 72 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Oct 2, 2013

I hate to say it.

But at least Dice and EA know how to get people online unlike Rockstar.

Heh.. I just gave them some credit.

Message 37 of 72 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I hate to say it.

its a mmo not just a online game a huge difference. no mmo  has went smoothly  day 1 or 2.

Dont do the race if  you get on,  just  go with your crew/friends to a activity from invite to race.  If  that does not  work  just  rob stores till you get to level 4 then the game offer jobs. You have to dont the 1st mission race. Btw a cheap apt is 27K$

Some people cant get on and some are on.  But its a  psn matiencae today, just a tough break

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 38 of 72 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

I understand they had 2 weeks to sort this out .. instead of sitting in their couches enjoying the 1Billion we gave them.. for their product .. but hear this .. GAT V is the Last product i will ever buy from R*  ( They're fixing it ( My A Double SS ) Its been 24 Hours .. and don't give me any BS about a game No working Online on launch day ...that dosn't really APPLY to this.. i've seen games Launch Millions off PPL in 1 shot R* are Just a Bunch of Lazy Unskilled Devs who Just want Money ( No Updates what so ever even after 22 hours of looking at the same Support crap...) Im really tired at this Point im looking foward for a refund.... cus this is Just NOT Right Xbox gets the good we get stuck and left behind .. That's fine when PS4 comes out Xbone will have to suck MY PIPE !! Above all if they get the Online back before tonight i won't return my game but if they Don't....... tomorrow at 7 AM i'll be The 1st unhappy costumer at gamestop doors..

and It Seems PS3 is the Only **bleep** Crap .. that has the Server issues..( No Excuses )

Xbox is working Like a sharmmm ( Seen In live At this Moment of Comment )

Edit:Live footage Xbox GTA Online << Link

"You can't believe everything on the Internet"-- Kevin Butler
Message 39 of 72 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I hate to say it.

says the guy/gal who didn't like Battlefield 4 at EA Press Conference Gamescom 2013...

Message 40 of 72 (252 Views)
0 Likes