Dec 01 2013
By: N8Boy First Son 13 posts
Accepted Solution

Goodbye PSN,,,

48 replies 847 views Edited Dec 1, 2013

I have been a PS fan and owner since PS1 day 1, and today I'm going and buying an XBox One. 

Some back story:

I'm an online gamer, lag is something that matters to me.  As an experiment I picked up BO:2 for my computer (already had it for my PS3) and gave the multiplayer a try.  It was leaps and bounds better than my PSN experience.  A few laggy moments but nothing outside of what I would consider 'reasonable' for online gaming.  My first thought was maybe console gaming is just laggy, so I borrowed an XBox360 from a buddy and gave BO:2 on XBox Live a go.  It was a whole new world, almost no lag at all, the PSN is rediculous and 3rd rate by comparison of actual performance.  I pretty much stopped playing online at that point because it's impossible to go back once you've seen the other side.  At that point I was on the fence about NextGen systems.. would the PSN on PS4 be better?  They revamped the PS Store, does that mean that they are improving their actual hardware as well?  They're not.

By a stroke a good luck I actually won a PS4 from Taco Bell (Thank you Taco Bell) and in a last 'fingers crossed' moment I paid the $10 to get COD: Ghosts for PS4 (already had it for the PS3, obviously).  It is the last $10 I will give to the PSN.  If anything the lag on PS4 is worse than on the PS3, so I'm done Sony... The **bleep** poor performance of the PSN has chased me away from your fine hardware.

Adding insult to injury:  I was going to keep the PS4 and put it on the TV in den for Netflix and Media Server movies.  Turns out that while Netflix works fine, I cannot stream movies from my Media Server with the PS4...?  WTH?  The PS3 does that just fine... yet another FAIL...

So in the end I am selling the PS4, because it is less useful to me than my PS3 (I am just so disappointed by this...) and buying a XBox One.  So in the end, thank you Taco Bell for giving me a deep discount on a brand new XBox.

Message 1 of 49 (847 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9212 posts

Re: Goodbye PSN,,,

Dec 1, 2013

if you think u wont see lag in xbox one  you are in  for a surprice lol

wssclanXbox one: Phew Phew Phew.
Ps4:BANG BANG BANG.
Outcome: Xbox One is down call the ambulance"Wii U Wii U Wii U
Message 2 of 49 (831 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Dec 1, 2013

N8Boy wrote:

I have been a PS fan and owner since PS1 day 1, and today I'm going and buying an XBox One. 

Some back story:

I'm an online gamer, lag is something that matters to me.  As an experiment I picked up BO:2 for my computer (already had it for my PS3) and gave the multiplayer a try.  It was leaps and bounds better than my PSN experience.  A few laggy moments but nothing outside of what I would consider 'reasonable' for online gaming.  My first thought was maybe console gaming is just laggy, so I borrowed an XBox360 from a buddy and gave BO:2 on XBox Live a go.  It was a whole new world, almost no lag at all, the PSN is rediculous and 3rd rate by comparison of actual performance.  I pretty much stopped playing online at that point because it's impossible to go back once you've seen the other side.  At that point I was on the fence about NextGen systems.. would the PSN on PS4 be better?  They revamped the PS Store, does that mean that they are improving their actual hardware as well?  They're not.

By a stroke a good luck I actually won a PS4 from Taco Bell (Thank you Taco Bell) and in a last 'fingers crossed' moment I paid the $10 to get COD: Ghosts for PS4 (already had it for the PS3, obviously).  It is the last $10 I will give to the PSN.  If anything the lag on PS4 is worse than on the PS3, so I'm done Sony... The **bleep** poor performance of the PSN has chased me away from your fine hardware.

Adding insult to injury:  I was going to keep the PS4 and put it on the TV in den for Netflix and Media Server movies.  Turns out that while Netflix works fine, I cannot stream movies from my Media Server with the PS4...?  WTH?  The PS3 does that just fine... yet another FAIL...

So in the end I am selling the PS4, because it is less useful to me than my PS3 (I am just so disappointed by this...) and buying a XBox One.  So in the end, thank you Taco Bell for giving me a deep discount on a brand new XBox.

Well Cya dont let the door hit ya now. If anything have you tried resetting your router first. Or anything on yourside for lag. I have PS3, PS4 and 360 and find lag in either of the 3 systems. I downloaded a 600 meg add on for Assisn Creed and it took me less than 2 minutes to get. No lag here at all. Maybe something on your end thats causing it. also lag can be caused by other things in other locations. The moment you had lag did you try your pressious 360 to see if there is any? I doubr it. You just hit little lag and now cry about it when I and millions of others experienced lag on Both systems.

Message 3 of 49 (829 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Dec 1, 2013
But meanwhile it is his internet connection because I get no lag what so ever haha so here is a xbox one coffee grinder

http://view.break.com/2543780
Message 4 of 49 (792 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 1, 2013

Wow... hostile... 

First:  Don't have an XBox yet, let alone a precious (is this the word you were trying to spell?) one....

You know that lag and speed are two different things, right?  I have a solid connection that Pings (because that is lag) to servers in Chicago and Detroit at about 10ms...  and FOR ME, in MY LOCATION XBox Live is 10x better than PSN.  That is all that matters to me.  I'm not crying about lag, I am disappointed in the lag I experience from PSN.  I am so disappointed in fact that XBox now seems like a viable option.  This saddens me....

Message 5 of 49 (772 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5647 posts

Dec 1, 2013

Lag? Get a better internet connection..

photo original_zpsuu822nnr.jpg
Message 6 of 49 (762 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3206 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013

Well not sure why you needed to tell any of us why your going with Xbox. You should be telling your friend's on your buddy list. We could care less what your reason's are as they don't make or break our heart's. You chose what you want to play on, it's your investment. Sorry to see another long time PlayStation member go but I just don't see why you needed to make a thread about it. Good luck with your purchase.

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 7 of 49 (752 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I don't have anyone on my buddy list... I have a life, and actual friends.  I don't game to meet people.

The reason I posted is twofold:  cathartic for me, and hope that maybe Sony will address these issues for those I leave behind with similar issues...

Message 8 of 49 (734 Views)
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Dec 1, 2013

PSN doesn't host the servers for COD -- so good luck with that, champ!

Message 9 of 49 (718 Views)
MVP Support
10397 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2013

N8Boy wrote:

Some back story:

I think I have found your problem.

I see a LOT of complaints about COD for ALL platforms.  Not just the PSN.  The problems are at Activision's end, not Sony's.

Good luck with your NSA SpyBox, though.

Message 10 of 49 (681 Views)