Welcoming Committee
14140 posts

Re: Goodbye PSN,,,

Dec 2, 2013

It isn't worth it.

For all the reasons I was going to get an XBOX One instead of a PS4 also...

But when I walked into the store there was one on display saying something like disc read error. Safe to say I walked out.

I don't regret buying a PS4. I do regret not buying an Ouya though.. Dunno why I've always wanted one of those. Just seems like a cool investment when it eventually picks up some steam.

Message 41 of 49 (193 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Its totally up to u at this point. I can say for myself I am not an Xbox fan especially after the 360 bs where about 4 years ago they pretty much abandoned it and did not release any games.

I love my ps4 and my cousin loves Xbox. He has an Xbox one and I'm not imprrssed. Graphics are not great, Xbox gold offers no real free games, under powered and its honestly imo not gaming focused.

I played forza 5 and dead rising 3 and neither blew me away. Dead rising graphics are awful and its repetitive.

Your call its your life and money but imo ps4 already shines, powerful, graphical, some of the best devs arpund, tons of indie support and 3rd party. Its a new launch its going to take some time to work out bugs and get games released.

If u leave enjoy Ur Xbox I think in the long run u will see u made a bad choice
Message 42 of 49 (176 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Dec 2, 2013

If COD is the game your lagging. Its peer to peer as stated before. On any system or platform including PC. If the  host has bad instenet speed you will have lag issues no matter what. There is nothing you can do other than convince the host to get better internet. Be that guy and sell your PS4 and go get the box. After a few hours of play you will see there is no differnece between the two ar as COD online. Why? as stated peer to peer. If the host has bad nets so do you.

Message 43 of 49 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Man Indifferent ummm, ok. seriously....who cares dude?

All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 44 of 49 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Dec 2, 2013
have both systems and trust me the Xbox One lags WAY MORE than the PS4...I am not even being biased
Message 45 of 49 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Do you make threads on Wal-Mart forums everytime you walk out? Goodbye...Lol. Honestly go complain to your "real friends" OP
Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 46 of 49 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

It isn't worth it.

For all the reasons I was going to get an XBOX One instead of a PS4 also...

But when I walked into the store there was one on display saying something like disc read error. Safe to say I walked out.

I don't regret buying a PS4. I do regret not buying an Ouya though.. Dunno why I've always wanted one of those. Just seems like a cool investment when it eventually picks up some steam.

Quoting for posterity.  As miffed as Aurelia has been about various PS4 issues, this speaks volumes, in my opinon. I know a lot of multi-console owners, and I begrudge none of them, but, I cannot image the firestorm that would have occured if you had gotten a faulty Xbox One.  I, for one, am glad that you were able to dodge that bullet.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 47 of 49 (112 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Dec 2, 2013
The doors are open. Leave. If you think that Xbox ONe is going to give you more fun then go and stay there. Leave us the PS gamers with PS4. The ones that are satisfied.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 48 of 49 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Dec 2, 2013
I agree with others...your connection just sucks. I have a PS3&4 both operating on a 50Mbps network. Only time I see lag is if there are server issues or someone in game has a terrible connection. Once fiber becomes the standard lag will be almost non existent.
324Krew
Message 49 of 49 (109 Views)
0 Likes