Oct 14 2012
By: mighty_berserker First Son 4 posts

Good Fighthing games?

7 replies 137 views Edited Oct 14, 2012

Hi,

I bought a new PS3 mainly for the fighting games, I already have SC5 and MK9. I have experience in TK5,SC3,SFIV,SSFIVAE, and CAPCOM vs SNK 2. I have never been too hardcore, but I like games who are simple, yet a little complex to master. Nothing too crazy though. I am not lookig for DBZ Tenkachi here, nor am I looking for Virtua Fighter, something in between would be nice.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Good Fighthing games?

Oct 14, 2012
If you join PS+ you can download a copy of KOF XIII. It is a pretty good game if you like SNK fighters...
Message 2 of 8 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

Tekken Tag 2 FTW!!!

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 3 of 8 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Minus SCV & MK9, minus the experiences of PS3 games you've tried, and minus of VF5:FS & DBZ Tenkachi, heres a list.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

King of Fighters XIII

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Street Fighter x Tekken

Dead or Alive 5

Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend

DBZ Budokai HD Collection (you did say DBZ Tenkachi, but I can tell you that DBZ Budokai is like a fighting game in which DBZ Tenkachi is like a respect to the anime, different games).

Injustice Gods Amongs Us (April 2013, it's not like MK 2011, but if you enjoyed MK, it has a vibe style of it but it plays differently).

Not hardcore? Simple yet complex to master? Hmm... If you're looking for simple fighting games, the ones I list that are bold & underlined are them (the other games can be simple depending on certain characters).

The simple one would be Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Easy to play & it has an option called "Simple" which are for beginner players only. Without it, the game is still simple & if you get advanced into it, you can master long combos. Since you experienced Capcom vs. SNK 2, think of it like as that game.

You've experienced in SFIV & SSFIV:AE. However, those games aren't simple & there are certain characters easy to play while others hard to play (Ex. Charge Characters). How about Street Fighter x Tekken? The game plays like simple compared to the SFIV series. And this is mostly because of the simple combo by any character - L > M > H > H (2nd H activates Launcher). You can then master by launcher combos.

As for the Topic Title, yes, the ones I list are good fighting games to enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 4 of 8 (113 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

I already played Budokay 2 or 3 (can't remember) on my old PS2. and I have SFXT on my PC (WHICH SUCKS BALLS BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE ONLINE), so yea. On a different not I am a naruto fan (anime wise), do you know if they are good online?I know that they fall into the DBZ side of things, but me being a fan really makes up for it. Smiley Very Happy

Also from what you have heard, which of these fighting games has the biggest community?

Message 5 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Oct 14, 2012

mighty_berserker wrote:

I already played Budokay 2 or 3 (can't remember) on my old PS2. and I have SFXT on my PC (WHICH SUCKS BALLS BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE ONLINE), so yea. On a different not I am a naruto fan (anime wise), do you know if they are good online?I know that they fall into the DBZ side of things, but me being a fan really makes up for it. Smiley Very Happy

Also from what you have heard, which of these fighting games has the biggest community?

I also forgot about another fighting game, however, not in the way like the ones listed. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (Nov 2012), though however, it won't be like those fighting games.

As for the reply, SFxTK on PC wouldn't be a wise decision for Online. However, it seems that it might apply for consoles too. I also know that there will be a new Naruto game, although I never played the latest ones, but if it's anime wise, I enjoyed them too more.

Since I stopped playing online on Fighting games after SSFIV (only Online Friends now), I wouldn't know, but as you wrote, from what I've heard.... I can see SFxTK died down everywhere, as in, now small. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom however, I checked, is still great with the Online Community. Newer games like TTT2 & DoA5 will have a great community since it's latest, as for now (it can change later).

But it's safe to say that Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition would have the biggest community (directly referring to Consoles, not PC), which you experienced that game.

In order of biggest community:

1. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

3. Mortal Kombat 2011

?. TTT2 & DOA5 (Latest Releases, as for now. After a long period of time, it could change).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 6 of 8 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2012

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is my favorite right now.  It was on Playstation Plus, looks like it is gone now though.  Still, it is only $15.

http://www.slowrecovery.com
Message 7 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 14, 2012

MK: Arcade Kollection.

"Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."
-Itachi Uchiha, Naruto
Message 8 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes