Jan 20 2014
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1344 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other
Accepted Solution

Good Bye original Starhawk forums, we will miss you so! :P

[ Edited ]
85 replies 418 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

Well, with the closing being in just about 24 hours, I figured we should go ahead and start saying whatever goodbyes we want to say.

First we lose our pretty orange theme, now this :-/. I'm really going to miss these forums, they were actually the first forums I've ever really used consistently, and without them I probably would have never become friends with any of you. But I'm thankful for all of the good times we've had on these forums, and looking forward to happily looking back through the archives in the future. Here's hoping that the comunity's best days are yet to come Smiley Wink

Also, as a sort of "fail-safe" in case things don't go well with the transfer and we lose touch with each other, I thought I'd leave this here. It's a list of the exact player IDs of all the known Starhawkers that I made during my group photo events. Copy it to a safe place, and if you ever want to gather us all for an event, just paste it into the "TO" section of PSN's mail system, and it will send your message to all 30 of us Smiley Happy

PLYMCO_PILGRIM,TheGremlinKlown,Southern_DuDe_20,PhoenixArcher128,a_leenail1992,BlueKnight345,Incendio_Wolf,Orpheus_Fool,thesupertman,StubbornPuppet,Makuta1213,A-JumpingJack,RubiconAlpha,Bilsebob,ShadowLinkN64,Crazy-Maisy,GOW71,Celsus,KuSh805-,poochiefacegirl,highlydangerous9,mrdurant35,IRRES169,EarthLunacy,Jackatron,TheatreCat,firemarshall23,CyVirus, C2theL

Long live Starhawk! Smiley Very Happy

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 86 (418 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1208 posts

Re: Good Bye original Starhawk forums, we will miss you so! :P

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2014

This forum has been fun both in the beta and after Starhawk's release. All the debates and thoughts on how to improve and expand that game the first year was always interesting reading.

Starhawk may have never been the game I had hoped it would be but the community that stuck it out kept the game worth playing.

A huge "Thank You" goes to Pilgrim for keeping the Community Night events alive and helping to keep trolls from ruining our games. I know it wasn't always easy.

I also want to thank LBI for all you did with the time you were given to keep improving the game and listening to all of our concerns. I only wish we had more time to together and would have loved to see what this game could have become had it had more time (and more sales).

I'll still check the PlayStation forums daily as I have for nearly ten years now. It just may be harder now to find everyone. Send me a private message if there is something I should know about or be a part of. I hope we have a "Starhawk Day" on or around May 8.

Till then, hope to see everyone on as many Wednesday nights as possible this year.

Message 2 of 86 (407 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 20, 2014

One last Kudo party? Because where we are going, i think they are kudo stengy!

But hay, lets show them how to throw some kudos like there is no tomorrow!

Message 3 of 86 (393 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Jan 20, 2014

I'm not kudo Stingy! 

Just had to post so there'd be three LBP avatars in a row.

Message 4 of 86 (391 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Hahaha good thing i didnt change it yet

Message 5 of 86 (388 Views)
Wastelander
590 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Farewell Starhawk forums. Thanks to it, I got to play with a lot of cool people.

Message 6 of 86 (368 Views)
Platinum
56235 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Its a sad sad day, we shall all have a night of mourning on Wednesday in the community server!

Message 7 of 86 (353 Views)
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Jan 20, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Its a sad sad day, we shall all have a night of mourning on Wednesday in the community server!

yes. i propose that the first match at the beginning of the server should be a moment of silence for our fallen forum. no making noise, no talking, no eating. no talking or noise during the intermission either. just complete silence. then you can talk once the 2nd match starts.

Message 8 of 86 (346 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

Jan 20, 2014

a_leenail1992 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

yes. i propose that the first match at the beginning of the server should be a moment of silence for our fallen forum. no making noise, no talking, no eating. no talking or noise during the intermission either. just complete silence. then you can talk once the 2nd match starts.

We could actually do that! We could even line up, have someone tape it, and play "Taps" into the mic if we wanted to.

Does anyone want to do the honors?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 86 (336 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1208 posts

Jan 20, 2014

It was good posting here, "met" a lot of good players who still play at least once a week. Robot wink

And I would never have found out about the weekly Starhawk community game's! Hope too have many more of them! Robot Very Happy

Message 10 of 86 (323 Views)