Nov 03 2012
By: DragonWarrior117 Splicer 51 posts

God of war collection question?

9 replies 621 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

Hi I was curious on the god of war collections? I have notice there are a few different types of god of war collection which are: God of war trilogy boxset, but not the ultimate trilogy edition the regular god of war trilogy & there is the god of war saga collection. Which one would you recommend?

The reason i ask is that i found the god of war trilogy boxset a lot cooler an i do like the god of war saga collection, but one problem the origin collection is only download an i know there is already one for cd, i have my eye on the god of war trilogy boxset an would like to know what content does that one have? Like i said i am not reffering the pandora box one, but trilogy boxset.

Lastly, is there one with all 3 on one disc if possible? thanks. 

Message 1 of 10 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

Re: God of war collection question?

Nov 4, 2012

I bought the God of War Saga that was released a couple months ago. You get a code for Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta to download off PSN. God of War I and II are on one disc aGod of War III is on another disc.

Message 2 of 10 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Nov 4, 2012

The God of War Trilogy boxset looks to be a European-only collection, which contains the first two games as well as the third. By comparison, I would think the God of War Saga set is the one you'd want. Not only does the game have all three of the first God of War titles, it also contains both the PSP editions from their Origins package.

Message 3 of 10 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Nov 4, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The God of War Trilogy boxset looks to be a European-only collection, which contains the first two games as well as the third. By comparison, I would think the God of War Saga set is the one you'd want. Not only does the game have all three of the first God of War titles, it also contains both the PSP editions from their Origins package.

And those 2 PSP games are really worth playing too. Just an outstanding franchise.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 4, 2012
Do you know where can i get the european only collection at? the reason for the other one is that the two downloads i heard are vochers, not sure if it's true though, but they can expire. So i rather not have a chance with only downloads, besides the origins ones are already one disc which is the origins hd collection.

Also, do the european only collection will play the same as the us version/ thanks.
Message 5 of 10 (551 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 5, 2012
The voucher can expire, but that doesn't happen for a long time (sometime next year I think).

Once you redeem the voucher in your PSN account, it is yours to keep. You can keep redownloading it as many time as you want and it will never expire.

If you are a Powerup rewards member at GameStop, you can get the GOW Saga for the next 9 days for 50% off for $20...
Message 6 of 10 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
The voucher can expire, but that doesn't happen for a long time (sometime next year I think).

Once you redeem the voucher in your PSN account, it is yours to keep. You can keep redownloading it as many time as you want and it will never expire.

If you are a Powerup rewards member at GameStop, you can get the GOW Saga for the next 9 days for 50% off for $20...

Really, Too bad we didn't got a 3 disc set like the god of war omega edition doesSmiley Sad I wouldn't have much of an issue of getting the god of war saga. So let me get this straight on the voucher part in order to keep the voucher expiring you have to redownload the games so many times without playing any of the game every single day? or what? lol, seems like the voucher idea had backfired, lol. i thought they want people to be interested in playing the games not worrying about the vouchers expiring where you can play what like a few minutes except the cd versions of god of war? i 

Message 7 of 10 (521 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 5, 2012

DragonWarrior117 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Really, Too bad we didn't got a 3 disc set like the god of war omega edition doesSmiley Sad I wouldn't have much of an issue of getting the god of war saga. So let me get this straight on the voucher part in order to keep the voucher expiring you have to redownload the games so many times without playing any of the game every single day? or what? lol, seems like the voucher idea had backfired, lol. i thought they want people to be interested in playing the games not worrying about the vouchers expiring where you can play what like a few minutes except the cd versions of god of war? i 

No, I didn't explain that quite clearly.

The voucher does expire if you never redeem it (use it). But once you redeem it, the game is yours forever and you can download it to your current PS3 and any future PS3 consoles you may buy. It is just like an Apple account, where any music and apps you buy are yours forever and you can redownload it in any future Apple device that you buy.

Message 8 of 10 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

DragonWarrior117 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

The voucher does expire if you never redeem it (use it). But once you redeem it, the game is yours forever and you can download it to your current PS3 and any future PS3 consoles you may buy. It is just like an Apple account, where any music and apps you buy are yours forever and you can redownload it in any future Apple device that you buy.

Really, so once bought of the psn store it pretty much stays on your hard drive it pretty much yours to keep, cool that sounds little bit better, than redownloading bunch of times, lol. 

Message 9 of 10 (495 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 6, 2012

DragonWarrior117 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

DragonWarrior117 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Really, so once bought of the psn store it pretty much stays on your hard drive it pretty much yours to keep, cool that sounds little bit better, than redownloading bunch of times, lol. 

There is also a record of all your purchaced and downloaded games under your PSN account. You can go back to that list at any time and redownload everything listed there..

Message 10 of 10 (491 Views)
0 Likes