Nov 16 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

God of War?

6 replies 112 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

So the last portable, (PSP, you should know that Smiley Tongue ) got quie a bit of love from sony and saw a resistance, an LBP, a killzone, and 2 god of wars.  from the fact that sony has already placed an LBP, a sly cooper game, a ratchet and clank game, and an uncharted game on the vita I can asume they will give it a GOW game eventually. I don't know about you gus though but here what I want to see. 

*Great visuals: the GOW psp games were great but they weren't GOW graphically, With sony bragging about how amazing the vita's tech specs are (and they are) I'd like to see something really worth seeing on this one. but of course this is reletively low on my list of needs.

*NO TOUCH QTE: Quick time events are so common in god of war that After playing 3 I couldn't use a bathroom without hesitating while waiting to see an X button to respond to. This being said the only way I wouldn't want to see them in a god of war on the vita would be if they required me to slide or swipe or tilt. I don't mind touch controls when they're intuitive but Touch QTEs are not intuitive. 

*Deimos: I really liked Deimos, He was pretty cool. Anyway we could see more of that guy?

*At least ONE massive battle: The fight with chronos was AMAZING and though the other battle's were pretty darn epic this one was the best in my view. Oh what I'd pay to play one of those again.

Message 1 of 7 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: God of War?

Nov 16, 2012

God of war vita is a must but QTE`are lazy design and need to be abolished by gaming period.

Message 2 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Abolish the touch and re-introduce quick button combos. None of that X stays on the screen for like 3 secs then you push, rather the old school, "you better push those buttons to pull off the finishing.move or you have to start over.!
Message 3 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 17, 2012

While I agree QTE's are a lackluster design, but its one of God of War's signatures throughout the whole Action/Hack 'n Slash genre.

Which should remain to keep, as it always has been since God of War 1.

But touch screen QTE's is where I draw the line. Hopefully we don't see them in the Vita's God of War title. (Assuming there is one.)

Message 4 of 7 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 17, 2012

yapyap898 wrote:

While I agree QTE's are a lackluster design, but its one of God of War's signatures throughout the whole Action/Hack 'n Slash genre.

Which should remain to keep, as it always has been since God of War 1.

But touch screen QTE's is where I draw the line. Hopefully we don't see them in the Vita's God of War title. (Assuming there is one.)

Yea that would be like Shenmue or Time Crisis without QTE's, it was half the fun of those games. I do agree I wouldn't want touch QTE's either but it doesn't bother me old school style QTE's.

Wouldn't bother me much either way honestly. I know I will buy God of War regardless.

Message 5 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I would expect something where the PSP games left off.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 6 of 7 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 17, 2012
God of war acension psvita
Message 7 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes