Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: tsukuyomi_28 Lombax Warrior 163 posts

God of War for PS Vita?

5 replies 1362 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

So guys I'm wondering what would be the story if ever Santa Monica Studios or Ready at Dawn studios will make a GOW for ps vita?

share about your thoughts...

God_of_War_PSP_Marketing_02_by_andyparkart.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (1,362 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4561 posts

Re: God of War for PS Vita?

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Ready at Dawn is never coming back to a Sony Platform, all because of what happened on the PSP - they stated this already long ago. Piracy. It's exactly why most third parties left the PSP, it just wasn't profitable enough because most people would CFW their PSP and just download the games ilegally for free and never buy the game. Ready at Dawn even had an article somewhere saying that their GOW Chains of Olympus was downloaded more on torrents than actual selled units. It's sad really as Ready at Dawn was the best and only developers that KNEW how to squeeze every drop out of the PSP, they would have been an awesome dev to pop Vita games!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/somebody-managed-to-port-psp-cfw-to-vita-ble...

Oh look, looks like the hacking scene hasn't stopped either even on the Vita, PSP/PS1 emulation (CFW, ISO's) has been cracked on the Vita already. IT's only a matter of time when you can pirate Vita games and it'll be PSP world all over again - a desert world of very little games or none, with no support from third parties.

So besides that rant, No I don't expect Ready at Dawn to EVER make a Vita game, let alone another GOW game for Vita. Santa Monica is a big company and I'm sure they are too busy making PS4 games right now for the launch next year, the Vita I'm sure is something they aren't thinking about whatsoever atm.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11798 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Da1writer, you know that the reason the cfw and public is so that Sony would fix it right? The guy who discovered the exploit didn't want it public but another hacker put it out there.

Also, considering they've been busy with GOW Ascension, I don't think they're making PS4 games (since, if ps4 really was coming next year, don't you think they wouldn't release a title for PS3 the same year?)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,337 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2458 posts

Oct 6, 2012

da1writer wrote:

(...) Piracy. It's exactly why most third parties left the PSP (...)

If the PSP lost third party support because of piracy then how comes that the PSP is still getting tons of third party support in Japan? There's only so much that you can blame on piracy, the DS suffered of the same and worse since there was a fully functional emulator for it only a couple of years into the system life yet it sold outstandingly and featured strong third party support~.

I'm not saying piracy isn't a detrimental factor, but there's only so much that you can blame it for. It's obvious that piracy alone isn't a system killer or else the DS wouldn't have succeeded like it did, Sony has done a poor job in supporting the PSP and they are doing the same with the PSV. Poor advertisement and marketting strategies, negligence in not applying a price cut and so on and so forth. Yes, the PSV price is right, but you know what? The millions of people that aren't buying it because of price > the few people who actually do. With the Wii U coming out before Christmas and with the PSV still priced 250 USD (even if it's a bundle) which system do you think people are going to buy? Sony claims they are targetting the Playstation customers when in reality, they should be trying to lure in new customers while still targetting their usual audience~.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4561 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Would like to apologize for my angry one sided rant. If some knew the back story of Ready at Dawn... sigh, I just loved their games on PSP. I absolutely loved Daxter and I bought it day one on the PSP and when it finally popped on the Vita store I immediately bought it. Same for Both of their excellent GOW games. The studio did things on the PSP that still aren't reachable from other studios on the PSP (Squarenix got neck and neck sometimes), I was proud to show off to my friends the games. When Ready at Dawn started to see dwindlng sales, they did what most studios rather ignore - they looked at torrent and ISO sites and saw it was being downloaded at considerable rates, rates higher than sales numbers and they blatently mention their digust on musltiple news sites. They left the PSP once after Chains of Olympus and if some were in the know, Sony PAID Ready at Dawn with no strings attached (Sony has hardly done this ever with a studio) to make the second one no matter what the sales numbers were (that's why the HD collections came out, just in case sales were low on the PSP - which they were). Ready at Dawn saw that effort was for nothing and left the PSP - a studio that tried their best at creating games they thought people would love.

Maybe I should have clarrified that while Japan get's support for the PSP, that's the sad part - a country that won't move on to a better device... Western devs left the PSP long ago is what I mean of no third party support (EA doesn't count, they are trying to get money off of facebook of all things :/). 

Now I'm not saying GOW may not come out for Vita - just not from the studios mentioned in the first post. What if the next GOW is made by Sony Bend - they've shown they have an excellent track record of the great Syphon Filter series, Resistance stab on PSP, and excellent Uncharted on Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Hmmm 1st party dev Ready at Dawn said they would no longer make PSP games due to piracy. 3rd party Activision abandoned the Psp early due to piracy, and the list goes on of devs who quit making psp games because sales lack. Why make games tailored to western gamers if they're going to steal them? So yes, piracy killed the psp in the "west."

More Japanese psp gamers will buy psp games rather than pirate them.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (1,275 Views)
0 Likes