Dec 20 2012
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1453 posts

God of War Multiplayer Beta Access from GameStop not Including PS Plus

[ Edited ]
35 replies 1300 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to let you guys know that we're aware of  that GameStop was doing a promotion for the beta for God Of War on the GameStop Facebook page. On the Facebook page you’d click a link that says get code then it would redirect you to another site where you provide your contact information. Upon clicking submit it would provide you with the code. Please note that this promotion has also already concluded. 

On the page it says in addition to access to the beta, you also receive 30 days of PlayStation Plus. However, we're hearing that the voucher codes aren't supplying the advertised 30 Days of Plus. 

We're currently reviewing this issue now and are working to identify a resolution for those that were expecting the 30 Day Plus trial. 

I'll update this thread once we have any updates to show. I've also blocked further replies here so that we can support customers being directed to this forum for support. 

If you'd like, you can 'Subscribe' to this forum for future updates when they're ready as I'll still be able to make new replies. 

UPDATE 1: Hi everyone, update on this issue. If you were one of the affected users expecting the PS Plus Trial from the GameStop God of War promotion; please follow the following steps: 

1     - Go to http://support.us.playstation.com/app/ask

2     – Complete the form (First Name, Last Name, Email)

3     – Select from the Product Field : PlayStation Network

4     – Select Sub Product : Voucher/ Promo Codes

5     – Select Topic : Voucher/Promo Codes

Question: Missing PS Plus code for God of War Accession / Gamestop promo

PSN Sign-in ID:

Once complete, you'll then receive a PS Plus voucher code typically within 24-48 hours.  

If this does not resolve the issue within the time frame specified, please contact Customer Service directly at 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4956 posts

Re: God of War Multiplayer Beta Access from GameStop not Including PS Plus

Dec 20, 2012

thanks morgan-- was wondering about this

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (1,284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 20, 2012
I have one but I'm probably going to give it away. Good to know you guys are working that issue out though.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (1,266 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1453 posts

Dec 21, 2012

UPDATE 1: 12/20: We are currently securing voucher codes for the 30 Day Plus trials. If you redeemed this God of War Ascension voucher code from the GameStop Facebook promotion, please stand by. We will provide another update once you're clear to contact Customer Service to request your 30 Day Plus Trial code. 

Please note that this will only be for those that participated in the promotion as we will match your PSN ID to ensure that you had redeemed the vouchers that were used for the GameStop promotion. 

@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (1,232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1453 posts

Jan 2, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to let you guys know that we're aware of  that GameStop was doing a promotion for the beta for God Of War on the GameStop Facebook page. On the Facebook page you’d click a link that says get code then it would redirect you to another site where you provide your contact information. Upon clicking submit it would provide you with the code. Please note that this promotion has also already concluded. 

On the page it says in addition to access to the beta, you also receive 30 days of PlayStation Plus. However, we're hearing that the voucher codes aren't supplying the advertised 30 Days of Plus. 

We're currently reviewing this issue now and are working to identify a resolution for those that were expecting the 30 Day Plus trial. 

I'll update this thread once we have any updates to show. I've also blocked further replies here so that we can support customers being directed to this forum for support. 

If you'd like, you can 'Subscribe' to this forum for future updates when they're ready as I'll still be able to make new replies. 

UPDATE 1: Hi everyone, update on this issue. If you were one of the affected users expecting the PS Plus Trial from the GameStop God of War promotion; please follow the following steps: 

1     - Go to http://support.us.playstation.com/app/ask

2     – Complete the form (First Name, Last Name, Email)

3     – Select from the Product Field : PlayStation Network

4     – Select Sub Product : Voucher/ Promo Codes

5     – Select Topic : Voucher/Promo Codes

Question: Missing PS Plus code for God of War Accession / Gamestop promo

PSN Sign-in ID:

Once complete, you'll then receive a PS Plus voucher code typically within 24-48 hours.  

If this does not resolve the issue within the time frame specified, please contact Customer Service directly at 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (813 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I had and used one of these codes, followed your instructions exactly and just got an email back but the person who sent the email didn't seem to have a clue about any of this. His email told me the plus code should of came with the game I bought and should be on a piece of paper and that I need to double check the printed materials but that has nothing to do with this, this is the Gamestop Facebook codes. There never was no paper, I never bought a game.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (719 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8344 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Ok im getting a little annoyed now.

The first rep to respond to my email about the issue knew what the problem was and had asked for my PSN online ID because i forgot to include that and replied back with that info around midnight EST.  I just now got an email reply from a different rep stating i need to include a copy of the receipt to get the code.

I dont understand how one rep can know of this problem and ask me for my PSN online ID info so he can give me the code, and now another rep replies with what appears to be no idea about this info.  To make things even more funny.....  the second rep who had no idea what this issue is by asking for a receipt, that persons name is Morgan.....

ADDING:  Oh and to add to the "funny factor" not only did this Morgan not have any idea about the current issue but then tries to sell me on the PlayStation Protection Plan.  Im sorry but thats just a bad look on Sony itself.  How does one of your reps not have any idea on the issue i need solved and then turn around and try to sell me something, when you havnt even solved my issue to begin with.  Thats just bad form to say the least.  I mean its fine if you wanna try to make a sale after you solve my issue, but NOT before, especially when you have no idea of the issue in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jan 5, 2013

At least you got a reply from someone who knew about it my guy had no clue. He even described what a PSN code should look like then went on to tell me if the code wasn't with the game I should reply with the name of the retailer I bought it at and in what city I bought it, the date of when I bought it.  Sounds like the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8344 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Sigh.....  now another rep is telling me to send them the email that has the code on it.  Yet there was no email with a code on it.  What dont they understand.  This was a Facebook Gamestop promo on the facebook site itself.

This is insane how Morgan H on here tells us what to do and that they, the customer reps, would look into our account and see that we got the beta from the Gamestop code.  Yet, these reps dont seem to understand this....

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8344 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Wow...  even the phone customer reps dont know what is going on

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (649 Views)
0 Likes