Nov 20 2012
By: spydeewhydee First Son 29 posts

God of War Collection or Killzone collection....

10 replies 405 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

Hey,

I just purchased the Killzone Collection recently.  It was a toss up between that and the God of War Collection.  Despite how mant games God of War have compared to Killzone, which is the better choice?

"Ever walk into a Target, but miss?"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

Re: God of War Collection or Killzone collection....

Nov 20, 2012

Well the God of War collection does have more games, though I do like Killzone. So I wouldn't really know

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (402 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I wish my wife would let me get God of War Collection.  The reason why I went with Killzone was because of all the people on the Xbox side that said nothing but great things about it.  Plus Killzone Trilogy really opened my eyes and made me realize that the PS3 controller is just as great to play shooters as any other controller!!!!

"Ever walk into a Target, but miss?"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (399 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 21, 2012
FYI, 2 games in the God of War Saga have to be downloaded from PSN in order to play, they are the ones from the GOW origins colection...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9586 posts

Nov 21, 2012
God of War Saga you get 5 games which two of them (Ghost of Sparta and Chain of Olympus) have to be download from PSN. Killzone Trilogy you only have to install Killzone 1 to the PS3 and can play all three games on the two disc. I think it really depends if you like Greek mythology or first person shooters. Having played all three Killzone games, I would prefer Killzone over GOW. I think Killzone is a better series plus Killzone you get to see how the game got better with each installment. GOW it's basically a good action/adventure but the stories pretty much the same with Kratos, I have yet to beat Ghost of Sparta. But the first three GOW games are good in the trilogy, Chain of Olympus is pretty short but acts as a back story to the first game. Ghost of Sparta picks up after the third game.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I'd say god of War Saga, but if you can afford it get the Killzone Trilogy too. They're both great.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10799 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Preferably, I'm in favor of the God of War series as a whole over Killzone. Where the Killzone franchise has been generally good for the most part, God of War has seen more forms of excellence. The first God of War did great, as did the second and the third. Killzone 2 stood itself at the top of the pile, whereas the others haven't landed themselves quite as high up in my own view. Comparatively, if you're looking for a quality shooter then the Killzone series brings the bullet, but if you're looking for a distinctive action-adventure then the style that God of War represents hasn't been done in the same way (or hasn't been done as remarkably) since the 2005 original.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (365 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13841 posts

Nov 21, 2012

spydeewhydee wrote:

Hey,

I just purchased the Killzone Collection recently.  It was a toss up between that and the God of War Collection.  Despite how mant games God of War have compared to Killzone, which is the better choice?

Does it matter? You have one, you don't have the other. So obviously most people here would reccomend the other game that you don't have. So if you have money left get the God of war collection. Or Resistance collection...Infamous collection...Ratchet and clank or Sly collection, DMC collection, Assassin's creed collection...etc etc etc.

Because tis the season...to spend money. :smileywink:

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2245 posts

Nov 21, 2012

God of war is ten times better then killzone.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (354 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I love Killzone, I haven't played much God of War. I will have to say the God of War collection only because you get more and the last God of War I played was II.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (334 Views)
0 Likes