VP of Gaming
28070 posts

Re: God of War 1 & 2 HD Free for Plus members

May 8, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

dewadonuts wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Confirmed:  They are the full games.  I used up the Full Game Trial when they first went up on the PSN, didn't buy them at the time, because I already owned the Collection.  GoW shows the same expiry as my PS+ subscription, and there is no Trial icon next to the title on my XMB.

And if that weren't enough...  the game started up when I pressed the X button.

Awesome.

Now a mod should delete this thread before someone who missed it gets upset. lol

<-- This guy is sad :smileysad:

Oh well

No one will delete this thread =) It's a thing that happened, and was an error, but just one of those things. I will retitle this thread title though so it's not misleading. 

For those that did get the game, they will be able to keep it, and there will be no retroactive charges.

Thanks Morgan, appreciate it, & thanks for the err 'thing that happened:smileywink:, if you want to err 'let it happen' again feel free ok :smileyhappy:.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 72 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Re: God of War 1 & 2 HD Free for Plus members (STORE ERROR; FIXED)

May 8, 2013

pacpunk wrote:

Was lucky enough to snatch them up before the fix. I already have the platinum trophy fr both games, but my girlfriend wants to get in to them, so it's good to have them now. Maybe this was supposed to be a PS+ update in the future that went wrong?

Nothing slated at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 72 (218 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
54 posts

May 9, 2013

My eyes got big when i seen that they where free. With no hesitation i added them to my download list. Thank goodness that they are remote playable.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 72 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

May 9, 2013

I can't help but feel pretty bummed out that I missed this. I will probably feel pretty bummed out until they are added to the PS+ for everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 72 (170 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

May 9, 2013

Squiggle55 wrote:

I can't help but feel pretty bummed out that I missed this. I will probably feel pretty bummed out until they are added to the PS+ for everyone.

I missed it too.  MAybe I will spend more time scoping out the Store on a regular basis...... Maybe the "glitch", is part is a Master Plan to....  Nah.

Oh well, played them and beat them on PS2 more than once each.  I have some StarHawk to catch up on anyway.:smileywink:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 72 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7511 posts

May 9, 2013
I managed to nab the two games, even though I platinumed them already. :smileytongue:
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 72 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

May 9, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Squiggle55 wrote:

I missed it too.  MAybe I will spend more time scoping out the Store on a regular basis...... Maybe the "glitch", is part is a Master Plan to....  Nah.

Oh well, played them and beat them on PS2 more than once each.  I have some StarHawk to catch up on anyway.:smileywink:

Moble

I found about the glitch thru the store update blog post via comments.  Snatched them quickly, since I might get tired of Sleeping Dogs.

I think I did try to play them on PS2, but didn't.    There is a God of War collection available for PS3.

I have a lot of games to catch up on, most of them came from Plus.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 72 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jun 10, 2013

That is really Sketchy that they did this and it wasn't announced. I only played GoW on my PSP when I had one. but this is downright UNNACCEPTABLE! as a playstation memeber and a plus member I am naturally upset by this.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 72 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Jun 10, 2013

DonkeyKongKilla wrote:

That is really Sketchy that they did this and it wasn't announced. I only played GoW on my PSP when I had one. but this is downright UNNACCEPTABLE! as a playstation memeber and a plus member I am naturally upset by this.

Clearly you cant' read then, because it was a STORE ERROR, it wasn't some special event out of the blue...It's happened several times, too, with other games on the store that have accidently gone free for a short period of time because of an error.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 72 (59 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3500 posts

Jun 10, 2013

DonkeyKongKilla wrote:

It was a mistake which is why it wasn't announced. Technically Sony did nothing wrong as they didn't plan on that happening.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 72 (51 Views)
0 Likes