Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4416 posts

Re: Glad I didn't buy playstation plus

Jan 22, 2013

Um, any time you get a "free" game though your PLUS Subscription, you are essentially getting anywhere from a $8 to $30 value, instantly.

If you get at least two $30 values, you have already recouped your year cost of PLUS.  I can assure you, you would get more than the $50 back in game value within a year.

If you like having limited channel services, then by all means continue on Basic Cable.

If you like having "limited" internet services, the by all means continue on a Basic Internet Package.

And so on, and so forth.  Are you that person that calls around to your friend's house to see who is ordering Pizza, and then invite yourself over to partake in the cheesy goodness?  All because you refuse to spend any of your own money outside of basic needs?

That's like the friend I had in High School, who would try to bum smokes off of me, despite the fact that he had some of his own. Yes, this example entails a scenario from when I used to smoke, gross:smileysad:, I know.  When I would call him on it, his excuse was that he wanted to save his own smokes for later.  He even had the Gaul to admit it!

Listen, at the end of the day, it is your choice whether or not to subscribe to PLUS.  At least Sony gives that option for one aspect of its online services.  XBox does not differentiate, they just want their money.

If you see no value in PLUS, the so be it.  Those of us who have answered here, merely like to point out the benefits of PLUS, and how much of a good service it is.  Who knows; without revenues from us loyal PLUS members, Sony might have decided to go ALL PAY a long time ago.

YOU ARE WELCOME.

You will get NONE of my pizza!  Good Day! :smileymad:

Moble :smileylol:

Message 11 of 25 (289 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6641 posts

Jan 22, 2013

ipaidthebills wrote:

I may be wrong now, But when I was Plus+ you can play them forever unless you delete them after your subscription runs out!

That's for Free & paid games!

Untill todays updates, I really wasn't a Plus+ fan myself!

Nope, you're wrong, all free games stop working when your subscription runs out, there is a time on the download, the time is set for the current duration of your subscription, and the time updates if you extend or resubscribe. If your subscription runs out, so does the expiration date on the free game, and it will stop working until you resubscribe.

As already said, only paid games are yours  to keep forever. (as well as themes and avatars.)

Message 12 of 25 (284 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Thanks! It's change a little since I was Plus+ Member!

Good to know!

I tried Plus+ when it first came out!

Message 13 of 25 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 22, 2013

That's interesting!

I know the rules have changed from when I was a Plus+ Member, But I can still download the free games I had when I was Plus+ & Play them!

Of course they do need to abide by the rules as stated when I joined!

Obviously different now!

I should say though, If I had a Bigger HD Id Join Again for a year!

(After today's Update!)

Message 14 of 25 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Prop's for this post!
Message 15 of 25 (268 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

ipaidthebills wrote:

That's interesting!

I know the rules have changed from when I was a Plus+ Member, But I can still download the free games I had when I was Plus+ & Play them!

Obviously different now!

(After today's Update!)

Sorry but I think you're confused, free games were always only free to play WHILE you were a subscriber, if the subscription lapsed you lost access to them, it has ALWAYS been that way, no rules have changed.

Why is this Thread in here?

Message 16 of 25 (262 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
5611 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Thread moved from PSN Support.
Message 17 of 25 (251 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Jan 23, 2013

pullingsaint wrote:

Whats the point of paying for games you cant play randomly for 2 days. How often does it happen? I just got internet to my playstation last week so I havent been around long

Wow kids these days...

Message 18 of 25 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I had a couple games from Plus that didn't work during maintenance the other day like Sonic the Hedgehog but others worked just fine.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 19 of 25 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 23, 2013

ipaidthebills wrote:

That's interesting!

Obviously different now!

(After today's Update!)

Are you sure you didn't have auto-renew on all of this time? You shouldn't be able to play the games at all, unless you are actually subscribed and don't know it.

Message 20 of 25 (220 Views)
0 Likes